What do you think of the turfs in the game and their features?

What are you think?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What are you think?

• Its OK.
    • Do not need refresh.
    • I don´t know.
    • A small update would be good.
    • I believe that some turfs should have their characteristics, for example, that not all plants can be planted on them and that not all types of buildings can be built.

With the new content update come to DST new turf: luner turf from luna island, but but it has no special feature. As well as other turfs have no other special feature .besides other music and look. but why do we have a pitchfork to carry the turfs when we can build everything on every turf and plant everything? For look? I think that picking a lawn with a fork should make more sense.

My idea:

Turf should be divided into:
1. Turf where everything can be planted and everyt.hing built.
2. Turf on which you can only building or only planting.
3. Turf where ordinary plants cannot be planted or buildings can´t be builded, for example Lunar turf

What do you think? Write your ideas here in coments

2 hours ago, Marthan said:

Turfs with bonuses instead of just building/planting allowing and blocking?

Like guano turf having a plant growth speed boost or desiese protection.

A good example is Guano turf and it's an exception.
I think the lunar lawn can be the same exception.

It is a special lawn that can only be found on the luna island, located in the middle of the sea. (mostly: D)

I think changing some special turfs wouldn't be bad.

5 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

With the new content update come to DST new turf: luner turf from luna island, but but it has no special feature. As well as other turfs have no other special feature .besides other music and look. but why do we have a pitchfork to carry the turfs when we can build everything on every turf and plant everything? For look? I think that picking a lawn with a fork should make more sense.

My idea:

Turf should be divided into:
1. Turf where everything can be planted and everyt.hing built.
2. Turf on which you can only building or only planting.
3. Turf where ordinary plants cannot be planted or buildings can´t be builded, for example Lunar turf

What do you think? Write your ideas here in coments

What is the point of making such a different turf, if it can easily be removed and replaced? Until this changes, turf will remain a decorative item.

I don’t think it’s a good idea. All of these turfs are naturally generated, so walking around normally would just be a cavalcade of confusion, especially for newer players. 

Plus, making turfs where you can’t build doesn’t really make sense either. What’s stopping you? 

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea. All of these turfs are naturally generated, so walking around normally would just be a cavalcade of confusion, especially for newer players. 

Plus, making turfs where you can’t build doesn’t really make sense either. What’s stopping you? 

Not everything in my post makes sense but it is just an example, think that if Klei wanted to remwork turfs he wouldn't do it just as it was written here but would just inspire what could be done.

Otherwise you ask why the player could not build on some turfs I have an answer for you: Why not?

2 hours ago, 0rutyna0 said:

What is the point of making such a different turf, if it can easily be removed and replaced? Until this changes, turf will remain a decorative item.

Yes, you ask why it should be, but then why do we only have pitchwork for decorative purposes?

I answered you confused, not because you didn't support my opinion, but because I don't understand why all my inspirations are literally taken. There is no need to have this lawn, but I take it as an example of what the turfs might have in the future. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

But I think you react the same way. Or no?

15 hours ago, 0rutyna0 said:

We already have turfs with special properties, like cobblestone giving movement speed, dragonfly turf slows fire spreading, and some turfs that blocks plant growth and birds.

1 hour ago, Ezaroth said:

We already have turfs with special properties, like cobblestone giving movement speed, dragonfly turf slows fire spreading, and some turfs that blocks plant growth and birds.

Yes, we have some turfs with special properities but the turf on moon island haven´t a special properity and I think it should also have special features.

5 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

Yes, we have some turfs with special properities but the turf on moon island haven´t a special properity and I think it should also have special features.

The rock fruit bushes get unfertilized quite often, character quotes say that happen because they are not in their natural habitat.

Having to plant  it in a lunar island turf to prevent that would be cool.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:27 AM, NSAiswatchingus said:

I just wish more turfs had an ambiance to them like the Marsh turf. 

This. I'd like if more turfs would carry their respective biome's traits with them; Grasslands have their own ambience, but you have to have kind of a lot in one place in order to hear it. Maybe cut down the required amount a bit.

...and some more benefits/reasons to want to use certain turfs couldn't hurt. I love how Grassland prevents Grass Tufts from turning into Geckos. What about disease prevention for diseasable plants if they're on their natural turf?
The Guano Turf idea was pretty great too, I thought. Perhaps make it so that it auto-fertilizes farms, berry bushes, ect. The trade-off being that you have to drag it up from the caves...and on that note, it could also make plants planted in the caves not wither. Makes for more strategic options if you're willing to put in some effort.

On 12.7.2019 at 4:23 AM, maradyne said:

Perhaps make it so that it auto-fertilizes farms, berry bushes, ect. The trade-off being that you have to drag it up from the caves... [...] if you're willing to put in some effort.

That sounds way too overpowered: Head once in your life to the caves, dig up a few turfs, return to the surface => Got your infinite farm for no effort at all.

Nowadays, if you want to have a good farm, you need to head to the beginning of the ruins, collect several Light Bulbs, return to the surface, feed them all to the pigs and repeat it every now and then if you want to get more manure.

I think it's pretty cool how some turfs have ambient sounds, but I can never actually hear it unless i bump my volume up all the way... I think turfs definitely need to see more purpose, I'm not sure how, but I feel they really do. I see no reason why I shouldn't cover my base in cobblestone every game.

Archived