[Poll] Boats

Boats  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about boat durability?

• it's ok as it is (200hp)
    • it should be buffed to 400hp or more
    • it should be nerfed to 150hp or less
    • it should start with 200hp and upgradable up to 400hp (or more)
  2. 2. What do you think about the size of the boat?

• it's ok as it is
    • there should be bigger boats
    • there should be a private boat, for just one player
    • we should be allowed to connect boats, and sail everything at the same time
  3. 3. Do you think there should be custom boats? (skins for boats)

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. What do you think about basing at sea?

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • Never tried it
    • I did it once, too complicated, and won't do it again
  5. 5. Did you like the introduction of boats on DST ?

• Yes
    • No
    • don't like nor dislike

13 minutes ago, -Variant said:

For 2, I feel like having the option of letting us have both bigger, and smaller boats would be nice.

Currently the way 2 is written makes it seem like one or the other.

oh, that one was suppose to be a multiple choice, sorry !!

I'd be fine with smaller boats, but I'd want them to follow the Turn of Tides style of boating instead of Shipwrecked; mostly because of the lack of waves. Why would you ever choose something that can't easily navigate around the only danger currently in the sea? It'd be a whole issue in itself.

As for sea basing, I think the main problem with it (at the moment) is more in the ocean side of things. There's just not a lot of things to do yet. I think it'll be more widely used as it becomes more and more populated. 

I'd mostly just like to see more boat accessories and items. Especially some sort of boat light. Firepits seem a little wonky, since the ring of stones shouldn't really protect the very flammable wooden boat the fire is sitting on.

Ah, one more thing. Think you could add an extra slot for the boat's crafting recipe? I personally think it should be upped, but I'd like to see other people's thoughts on it. I'd make my own poll, but it seems more fitting here.

Seeing as how this is just the groundworks (I still can't believe that, so excited!) I can see them adding a multitude of things for boats.

What I would absolutely love is for new islands that have entirely new (non moon mutated) wildlife and new resources to spice up the gameplay. :wilson_curious:

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

Ah, one more thing. Think you could add an extra slot for the boat's crafting recipe? I personally think it should be upped, but I'd like to see other people's thoughts on it. I'd make my own poll, but it seems more fitting here.

I can't add any more questions, 5 is the limit :(

I personally don't want skins for boats, I would prefer boats made of different materials instead with different health, speed, special effects, ect.

Like here's some crappy ideas a dragonscale boat which stuff on it won't catch on fire, a nightmare fuel/living log boat which drains the sanity of those on it, a boat reinforced with gold to be more durable, ect.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Warbucks said:

Like here's some crappy ideas a dragonscale boat which stuff on it won't catch on fire, a nightmare fuel/living log boat which drains the sanity of those on it, a boat reinforced with gold to be more durable, ect.

Something like this, or more ways to 'equip' and 'upgrade' the boat.
Loosening placement constraints would also help here; like being able to place structures closer together so we can fit more onto the things. Perhaps in exchange make the boat's rim visibly thicker and be a no-placement zone, to help prevent border item-snatching issues.

Archived