How can a pig that large be this hard to find?

I haven't seen a definitive answer for this as far as I've looked but; can a world not have a pig king? I've explored 90%+ of the current map I'm on and still no pig king, strikes me as odd...maybe I'm just bad at searching.

Go check out that last 10%. I believe the pig king only spawns in forest biomes, so keep that in mind while you search.Edit: To clarify, by forest biomes I do mean the green grassland areas.

Edited by Iris

I didn't know the forest bit, i knew they spawned in grasslands it didnt click that they've always been in grasslands in forests until just now. Also sadly that last 10% is in a rather frighteningly large swamp biome...

From what I've seen in the last few worlds generated is that pig kings spawn in grassland biomes that are near or surrounded by forest biomes. Unfortunately, random pig houses can just spawn in forest biomes so you really have to fill out the middle of the map to make sure the pig king isn't there if you're just sweeping around the edges of your island sometimes.Edit: They also seem to be very far from the player's initial spawn location from what I've seen, but not sure if it's purposely coded like that.

I didn't know the forest bit, i knew they spawned in grasslands it didnt click that they've always been in grasslands in forests until just now. Also sadly that last 10% is in a rather frighteningly large swamp biome...

Are you in Adventure mode or Sandbox mode? The world generations are usually different.

Sandbox, I'll stay away from story until its a bit more finished. I ended up exploring the map 100% over the course of 22 days, no king. I was then beaten to death by tentacles :( so hopefully the next world has one. I needs my gold tools...

I finally got my entire huge map explored that I generated on the first day of the Winter patch. There is absolutely no pig king. I hope that this is unintentional. Its too important a feature to be randomly absent (and for it to take like 50 days to determine that fact).

It took me over a hundred days to finish scouting the winter map and check all wormholes to find out there is no pig king.Without him and after the gold from the rocks is over, the tools will spend the flint I wanted to use only for bee mines.

They need to just retcon the pig king.Makes no sense to have Gold as a finite resource, but then have a pig mob that throws gold at you for nothing.

But last time I played Flint was a finite resource as well. Running out of axes and spears sounds like a truly boring way to die.Anyway, I explored a really large chunk of my map now(been exploring for over 15 days, with little revisiting of old locations) and I've yet to find a Pig King. Or a Pig Village. Or a road that can lead to a pig village. Or any living creature other then birds, bees, tentacles, a lone Tallbird, the occasional rabbit and a handful of spider nests for that matter. Where'd all the life and fun go?