Automated kitchen+Great Hall with infinite food storage

I would like to share with you my automated kitchen and great hall design for 16 dupes. It allows infinite storage both for food and ingredients.

9A0B351C9634826501A56B1C0347D7BAD97DF993

Food is grilled so any germs on ingredients are irrelevant. Grilled food is sent via shipping line into a small 1x1 chambers filled with chlorine to kill germs if cook happen to transfer any of them.

Spoiler

18AAC92F0DA1A2BC3D48DC6424C3C16DB11D18F6

The chambers are still accessible due to dupes ability to pick up stuff diagonally, even through walls. Food is dropped on the ground and it is not limited by any storage space.
Dupes grab their food before entering the great hall. Break time in my shifts is right after sleeping time, so dupes don't waste time on travelling and after toilet they take shower to get morale bonus and get rid of germs and then they go straight to eat.

Ingredients are sent to kitchen via shipping line with loaders placed in entrances to my base. This allows dupes to deliver wild pincha or sleet wheet without need to remove atmosuits and travel into the base. Only a cook can enter the kitchen and his priority to ship/storage are disabled so he wont be constantly grabbing ingredients and deliver them again and again.

Window tiles are there to allow decor from that metal statue to pass.

All my dupes get +12 morale from decor so I don't have to worry about the ladders. I put it there to speed up dupes movement and keep their travel flow as I want it - they enter from left or right, depending where are theirs bedrooms, and they move ahead to their mess tables. Next they go to game, dance or drink espresso.

If I notice a dropped food I mark it for sweeping. I have a dedicated loader to collect food and it is in speep only mode.

11 hours ago, Angpaur said:

The chambers are still accessible due to dupes ability to pick up stuff diagonally, even through walls. Food is dropped on the ground and it is not limited by any storage space.

That is an ingenious solution! Now, why did I not think of that...

Thanks for sharing!

18 minutes ago, Angpaur said:

Window tiles are there to allow decor from that metal statue to pass.

All my dupes get +12 morale from decor so I don't have to worry about the ladders. I put it there to speed up dupes movement and keep their travel flow as I want it - they enter from left or right, depending where are theirs bedrooms, and they move ahead to their mess tables. Next they go to game, dance or drink espresso.

If I notice a dropped food I mark it for sweeping. I have a dedicated loader to collect food and it is in speep only mode.

My bad. I mean this small segments of non-plastic ladders at the bottom of the two ladders in the middle

24 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

My bad. I mean this small segments of non-plastic ladders at the bottom of the two ladders in the middle

Dupes can run on ladders so I placed it there so they don't have to jump over that hole in the floor.

It is not plastic because they won't be climbing it so there is no need for faster movement.

I had a huge room full of unpowered refrigerators in carbon dioxyde before I realized the only thing I needed was 1 tile of carbon dioxyde and shipping.. Kinda defeats the whole purpose but oh well, we can't be blamed.
Also I use a one tile gap with liquid to hold the atmosphere in the "micro fridge", but this solution is even more space efficient.

Hi guys,

I tried to built something similar, but my dupes seem to be unable to access the dropped food. The chute (middle of the screen) does in fact have food available (hidden behind the sandstone). I tried it with the ladder as well but to no avail.

Any idea what is blocking my dupes to access the food?

Thanks guys!

image.png.be4fd307de68ab4653e0ff9c9efd9421.png

3 hours ago, Bug-C said:

I tried to built something similar, but my dupes seem to be unable to access the dropped food.

I think dupes can`t reach it but an auto sweeper might be able to. Just set a food box limited to 2kg and an auto sweeper and the dupes will pick up the food from the box when hungry while the rest will be safe in the drop area.

3 hours ago, Bug-C said:

I tried to built something similar, but my dupes seem to be unable to access the dropped food.

You need to add there one tile in height so there is diagonal line from dupes head to the dropped food like here:

image.png.b785381e79ed0df54d759e7ba318c8bb.png

49 minutes ago, Angpaur said:

You need to add there one tile in height so there is diagonal line from dupes head to the dropped food.

Just tried this, it is accurate. You can easily check with the "cal available" display in a cycle 1 base.

Works:

works01.jpg.2ad999b74e759a444787b60f114873d7.jpgworks02.jpg.c63df5c396e73afdf88a4c970b75266c.jpg

Fails with "0 kcal" available:

fail01.jpg.e83d530b3a08c5d187cabb58505ae230.jpgfail02.jpg.e2fa50c7dfa688a4eff85b5b30d4adc1.jpg

Would be interesting so see what the code behind that is. Does anybody know or can find out without much effort?

Chlorine chamber, diagonal pick up, water lock.

Perhaps all forget main eating rule (sorry for dirty screenshot, perhaps all my latest saves gone :mad: ):

20190627123845_1.thumb.jpg.55fcb0d05bc55e6664bc305fe1bec7b1.jpg

"Wash hands before cooking, wash hands before eating, and no stomach troubles."

Left bin for cooked meals, other for ingredients.

5 minutes ago, Angpaur said:

@fiziologus I'm not sure what are you trying to show.

This not about your scheme. Your scheme technicaly very good (but bad visual, no matter).

Just one note. For clean cooked meal enough cook clean hands and other dupes (kitchen staff) clean hands (grill kill all germ while cook, source of germs dups itself only). Chlorine chamber not panacea, if dup with dirty hands pick up some meal from stack, all stack became dirty (no matter, chlorine again disinfect all) and this dup meal also became dirty (good if SL, bad if FP). Wash hands before cook, eat and after toiler even in game allow almost prevent (very rare case) food poisoning without food disinfection.

18 hours ago, Angpaur said:

You need to add there one tile in height so there is diagonal line from dupes head to the dropped food like here

18 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Just tried this, it is accurate. You can easily check with the "cal available" display in a cycle 1 base.

Works:

works01.jpg.2ad999b74e759a444787b60f114873d7.jpgworks02.jpg.c63df5c396e73afdf88a4c970b75266c.jpg

Fails with "0 kcal" available:

fail01.jpg.e83d530b3a08c5d187cabb58505ae230.jpgfail02.jpg.e2fa50c7dfa688a4eff85b5b30d4adc1.jpg

Would be interesting so see what the code behind that is. Does anybody know or can find out without much effort?

Wow! Thank you guys, I now got it as well

Archived