Renewable rocks?please...

I would say... At the very least they should replenish at day 100 or something... However I don't know... It's unrealistic - And by this I mean too unrealistic for Don't Starve's standards.Edit: Then again, saying that, Maxwell could just appear on Day 100 and just be like "Hey Pal, I see you are running out of rock... Want me to help you out?"Edit 2 - More ideas: We could have a gem/crystal of some sort that when put into a (expensive) machine and replenishes the rock... Or makes Maxwell appear and do it... I don't know though.

Edited by Khrayfish

No.In real life would rocks be reneweble?If you have need of rocks and you feel like having stacks of them just use the teleporto 2 or 3 times,break all the rocks you can find in a word and move on until you find one that you like and have decent rock sources

No.In real life would rocks be reneweble?If you have need of rocks and you feel like having stacks of them just use the teleporto 2 or 3 times,break all the rocks you can find in a word and move on until you find one that you like and have decent rock sources

Never heard of Sandbox mode?

Please don't.Rocks are one of the few items that you need to use wisely and not spam the world with stone walls mazes and such.A little bit a resource management is great to the game.Flint is non renewable too, but you don't use that much because golden tools are way better, razors don't break so you just need one anyway. I think just spears need flint in late game, but if you farm tentacle spikes you won't even need that.So Rocks shouldn't be renewable, for resources management sake.But I think that when caves get implemented there will be rocks there too, so we can get a bunch more.

with that, pigs should not stand, there are no big spiders, no one-eyed tallbirds....

Meh, if you lack of something, then you lack of something, this is a survival game afterall. Though, having a renewable replacement for rocks is a good idea, like gold for flint (oh the irony), it just should be really really really hard to get.

yes, i agree with that..but its just that you'll be forced into an option of using the teleporter...its not because you didnt use your rocks wisely but you just survived very long and the resources just wont keep up with your greatness..

Please don't.Rocks are one of the few items that you need to use wisely and not spam the world with stone walls mazes and such.A little bit a resource management is great to the game.Flint is non renewable too, but you don't use that much because golden tools are way better, razors don't break so you just need one anyway. I think just spears need flint in late game, but if you farm tentacle spikes you won't even need that.So Rocks shouldn't be renewable, for resources management sake.But I think that when caves get implemented there will be rocks there too, so we can get a bunch more.

flint will run out if you survive very long...you need a spear to fight tentacles to get the spikes and you are too busy preparing for winter,making traps,weapons,hunting for winter clothing...i just thought maybe the devs can make them respawn in every 30 days or so..maybe 5 rocks a day..i survived 5 winters in my sandbox world but unfortunately, flint run out...i had no other choice but to use the teleporter..i know there are other ways to fight but i prefer to fight with my spear...

yes, i agree with that..but its just that you'll be forced into an option of using the teleporter...its not because you didnt use your rocks wisely but you just survived very long and the resources just wont keep up with your greatness..

The whole rock problem appeared with walls, and wall don't have much purpose yet. Beside that if you have time to build a castle in survival game then something is wrong.

No.In real life would rocks be reneweble?

In real life the majority of the planet's walkable surface is made of rock. Doesn't take a gentlemen scientist to learn to use the pick at the ground under his feet.

The whole rock problem appeared with walls, and wall don't have much purpose yet. Beside that if you have time to build a castle in survival game then something is wrong.

i don't even build walls on my base...:grumpy: why do you ppl think i'm making a castle or stone wall mazes?im using the flint from rocks/boulders....my sandbox world is missing the pig king so i ran out of gold too,so i use flints for axe/pick/shovel..basic tools for survival..but the game only gave me the option to use the teleporter...its not that im not good at surviving but the world didnt offer me enough resources... Edited by archblue1206

i don't even build walls on my base...:grumpy: why do you ppl think i'm making a castle or stone wall mazes?im using the flint from rocks/boulders....

There will probably be caves in game so there is chance for more rocks/flint. If not offcial then you will find some mod for that for sure.

There will probably be caves in game so there is chance for more rocks/flint. If not offcial then you will find some mod for that for sure.

i just wish some alternative items for non renewable resources, like golden spear and the pig king should always appear on sandbox mode....

i just wish some alternative items for non renewable resources, like golden spear and the pig king should always appear on sandbox mode....

Pig king should always be on sandbox maps, if you had maps without him it was a bug.There will be more weapons soon, and fighting with spear will not be great idea, even now you can get good amount of tentacle spikes.

Pig king should always be on sandbox maps, if you had maps without him it was a bug.There will be more weapons soon, and fighting with spear will not be great idea, even now you can get good amount of tentacle spikes.

yeah,i thougt so too..but i explored the whole map and the king was not there..only the pig village with lots of berry bushes and flowers...i just use spear for spiders at night..and kiting the deerclops/treeguards/spider queen coz apparently they don't kite... Edited by archblue1206

Yeah I got that one too. Teleportatoed?? myself to the next world to fully activate the next update and I didnt get The Lord of the Pigs. Just one small pig village on the entire map.Lucky for me im Wolfgang, no one is mightier!!!