Aporkalypse if teleporting from RoG

Desblat

1 hour ago, Ornge said:

Unfortunately, yes

38 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

And if you do not have access to SW where you can craft hat that lets you explore gas rainforest, you are screwed.

I faced such thing during beta, I thought they changed that.

I think there must be at least 10 days delay till Aporkalypse, if you enter Hamlet from other worlds.

During aporkalypse that's simply insane to:

1/ find poison jungle

2/ find entrace to ruin

3/ find way to calendar island

4/ find calendar ruins

5/ find calendar room

That aporkalypse ghost-boss is too strong in the interiors.

I agree that it should be changed in some way, but at the same time, I kinda like it. Is that bad? :p

When I left my SW/RoG world I prepared for everything and had like a whole bunch of coffee and spyglasses, so I found the ruins entrance super fast and stop the Aporkalypse in just like 3-4 days.

There is a bit of a fun challenge in having to stop it, but I will concede that there is no way to really prepare with the poison jungle in RoG/Vanilla worlds only. With this being said, you could get a cloth from the crashed ballon, bring a pigskin with you, and bring ranged weapons to kill a few peagawks to get the feathers to make the mask.

Lastly, I think the herald cannot spawn in doors anymore.

27 minutes ago, TimothyCarter said:

Lastly, I think the herald cannot spawn in doors anymore.

I played DS week ago and got one Herald spawned in my house and even more in ruins.

That's the main problem I see about stopping aporkalypse.

If you get unlucky with ruins generation. While you are looking for calendar and come to a dead end, herald can spawn on the only way back. Herald can simply block room with frogs and shadows.

I had 2x thulicite crowns and armor and still barely managed to fight though that

I mean game turns into bless ruin-spawning RNG because of heralds in ruins.

1 hour ago, Desblat said:

I played DS week ago and got one Herald spawned in my house and even more in ruins.

That's the main problem I see about stopping aporkalypse.

If you get unlucky with ruins generation. While you are looking for calendar and come to a dead end, herald can spawn on the only way back. Herald can simply block room with frogs and shadows.

I had 2x thulicite crowns and armor and still barely managed to fight though that

I mean game turns into bless ruin-spawning RNG because of heralds in ruins.

in recently update, Herald no longer spawn in interior, also ruin and cave

the update is here

1 hour ago, Desblat said:

oh that's great!

also I personally would prefer to start with an Hamlet world, find the Aporkalypse Calendar,
Create the Sky worthy right next to ruins that contain the Calendar and then go to other worlds,

this makes it easier if you are returning to Hamlet where you can go to the Calendar faster.
although a better suggestion would be keep jumping back after 30 days or so and turning the Calendar back.

23 minutes ago, MWY said:

also I personally would prefer to start with an Hamlet world, find the Aporkalypse Calendar,
Create the Sky worthy right next to ruins that contain the Calendar and then go to other worlds,

this makes it easier if you are returning to Hamlet where you can go to the Calendar faster.
although a better suggestion would be keep jumping back after 30 days or so and turning the Calendar back.

Neither is necessary if you start in Hamlet. After turning off the aporkalypse once, all the subsequent aporkalypses are finite in duration, 20 days I believe. So after stopping it once, if the aporkalypse is in progress when you return to Hamlet, you can jump back where you came from and just wait it out.

But yeah, currently starting in RoG ang going to Hamlet for the first time after day 60 is extremely risky.

3 minutes ago, Majestix said:

Neither is necessary if you start in Hamlet. After turning off the aporkalypse once, all the subsequent aporkalypses are finite in duration, 20 days I believe. So after stopping it once, if the aporkalypse is in progress when you return to Hamlet, you can jump back where you came from and just wait it out.

But yeah, currently starting in RoG ang going to Hamlet for the first time after day 60 is extremely risky.

uhh, I'm saying the same thing, Start with an Hamlet world, find the Aporkalypse Calendar,
 Create a Skyworthy right beside the Ruins that contain the Calendar.
Jump to the world you wana go,
Return back whenever you want and easily go insdie the ruins to the Calendar and reverse the Aporkalypse if it has started.

2 minutes ago, MWY said:

uhh, I'm saying the same thing, Start with an Hamlet world, find the Aporkalypse Calendar,
Return back whenever you want and easily go insdie the ruins to the Calendar and reverse the Aporkalypse if it has started.

What if you don't want to start in Hamlet world? That is obviously bad design, that needs to be tweaked.

Just now, FeNniX said:

What if you don't want to start in Hamlet world? That is obviously bad design, that needs to be tweaked.

Cause Hamlet is the Hardest of all DLCs that is why,
and in future they will add an Aporkalypse Option in World Gen that you can tick off and then have an Hamlet world without Aporkalypse.

its not Bad design at all, I love Aporkalypse, its soo different and unique compared to all the other seasons we get in other DLCs.

8 minutes ago, MWY said:

We are not saying the same thing. I am saying that if you wait for the first aporkalypse and turn it off before hopping out of Hamlet, then it is not so important to have the skyworthy near the calendar (which seems like very awkward placement to me), since the subsequent aporkalypses will not go on forever, so need not necessarily be stopped.

1 minute ago, Majestix said:

We are not saying the same thing. I am saying that if you wait for the first aporkalypse and turn it off before hopping out of Hamlet, then it is not so important to have the skyworthy near the calendar (and seems like very awkward placement to me), since the subsequent aporkalypses will not go on forever, so need not necessarily be stopped.

its harder for you to go to the Aporkalypse island as you will need to go thru the Gas Biome, 2 Ruins and an Active Aporkalypse to boot.
if you have Sky worthy right next to Ruins you can easily turn it off and also travel back to any city since Aporkalypse won't be there to make it harder for you.

Just now, MWY said:

its harder for you to go to the Aporkalypse island as you will need to go thru the Gas Biome, 2 Ruins and an Active Aporkalypse to boot.
if you have Sky worthy right next to Ruins you can easily turn it off and also travel back to any city since Aporkalypse won't be there to make it harder for you.

I hear what you are saying. But you have to travel all that distance every time you want to world hop. The alternative is to just go back to the world that you have connected with Hamlet and wait for at most 20 days, and the aporkalypse will stop by itself.

Just now, Majestix said:

I hear what you are saying. But you have to travel all that distance every time you want to world hop. The alternative is to just go back to the world that you have connected with Hamlet and wait for at most 20 days, and the aporkalypse will stop by itself.

I will be willing to take time to travel all that distance to a city then to wait 20 days in another DLC cause I can't wait to make all that Flat Stone Road that costs 2 stones and a board to craft.....that is not cheap at all : P

Archived