what types of dlc do you expect?

Spoiler

i think that atleast 1 dlc will feature a different world, where you're not burried deep beneath the surface, but are on a planet with a surface and atmosphere (of course there would be space exposure at the top of the world).

3 hours ago, Rainbowdesign said:

I dont expect but i wish for:

Tower defense mod with hordes of critters attacking the base and some towers to defend against them aswell as portals you need to dig out to end the wave.

So, basically... Kingdoms... in ONI. xD

An asteroid with atmosphere sounds fun. Wind power maybe?

Maybe dlc with fire and radioactivity for new dangers and mechanics. More agressive fauna and flora.

A completely different starting zone with different oxygen generation and basic food, maybe entire asteroid with different biomes but some familiar minerals.

Battle mode. Space invaders. Craftable armor and battle exosuits. Automated auto turrets(using automation wires).

Time space portals to teleport dupes between the base game asteroid and the dlc one (like in DS).

3 minutes ago, ScreenNameMissing said:

I'm still holding out hope that Klei will release the Shockworm and Volgas as part of the final update for the official launch.

I'm not sure Shockworms are supposed to be dangerous. I suspect they might be like chlorine: dangerous description, but harmless to dupes. What they can do is being kept like electric eels and each shock can be harvested and stored in batteries.

Just now, Nightinggale said:

I'm not sure Shockworms are supposed to be dangerous. I suspect they might be like chlorine: dangerous description, but harmless to dupes. What they can do is being kept like electric eels and each shock can be harvested and stored in batteries.

When I've spawned them in, before.. they were very aggressive toward the dupes. Though, I think.. passive unless attacked. It's been a while so I don't recall all the effects they had. It was also dangerous to actual kill them.

Multiple dupe races. Just admit it. Don't you want a dupe/slickster hybrid?

If there are multiple races, then there is room for big differences in stats, not just the current trainable stats, but also say ladder climb speed and whatever we can imagine. This means in order to optimize the base you would need multiple races because some are better than others at certain tasks.

18 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

I'm not sure Shockworms are supposed to be dangerous. I suspect they might be like chlorine: dangerous description, but harmless to dupes.

Poor Fran would probably beg to differ.

5c1a557c4a7c6_theoryjonfirmed.gif.334a8b

9 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Multiple dupe races. Just admit it. Don't you want a dupe/slickster hybrid?

If there are multiple races, then there is room for big differences in stats, not just the current trainable stats, but also say ladder climb speed and whatever we can imagine. This means in order to optimize the base you would need multiple races because some are better than others at certain tasks.

I love this idea. It also reminds me of a previous thought of having "indigenous tribes" randomly spawned inside the asteroid. A tribe you would encounter and there could be two outcomes... you could become enemies, wipe them out (or be wiped out, depending on differing abilities and capabilities to defend), or you could coexist, maybe even join forces... they could join your colony, and offer up special research, skills, items, etc. that you couldn't obtain otherwise.

One idea I've liked, but not too sure if it fits with the overall game, would be.... android/robot Dupes.

ROBOT DUPES:

• obtained by late-to-near-end-game research
  • require high level skills in order to operate the machines to build them (and spare parts/limbs)
  • help with exploring, excavating in areas that would normally be hazardous or life threatening to your Dupe, even with an atmosuit or Jetpack.
  • Instead of their need to food, they need routine maintenance. (helps balance life cycle longevity)
  • Slower than dupes, but can carry significantly larger amounts of items.
  • Can gain speed, and other, "upgrades" overtime. (i.e. their version of "skills.")
  • Wouldn't need a bed to sleep in but, a charging station, instead.

Alternatively, we could have Android, or Cyborg, dupes..

• Injured dupes, whose injuries are too severe have the option of getting a robotic replacement limp (pending, they were in stock)
    • Robotic eyes - don't need light to see, and gain no debuff from darkness.
    • Robotic arms - strength boost. Able to carry more items, faster digging speed, faster building.
    • Robotic legs - speed boost. Dupe travel speed is significantly increased.
      And so on...

After so many operations, the Dupe would be more machine than Dupe.. and the Robot aspects would apply.

2 hours ago, goboking said:

Poor Fran would probably beg to differ.

5c1a557c4a7c6_theoryjonfirmed.gif.334a8b

15 Years ago (+- 14 years) i made a CC and ppl had fun discovering shockworms for the first time.
I never understood, why such critter mechanics never found into the game, not even in a preview.
I liked SW very much.

These would be my ideal DLCs.

• Hazards Upgrade:  fires, firefighting job and buildings, chemicals burns, hazmat suits, aggressive critters, and random events.  Players would have the option to toggle fires, critter aggression, and random events on or off when creating a game.
  • Robotics Upgrade:  we can now build and program robotic dupes.  These require no food or oxygen, but do need to be recharged at charging docks.  They're simplistic in their design, so they can only be programmed to perform one job (which can be changed at an appropriate station).  There would need to be some kind of balancing factor to prevent us from spamming them.
  • Gourmet Upgrade: new plants and critters produce new ingredients, which in turn can be used to make new foods.  Dupes now gain bonuses for eating a balanced diet instead of eating the same meal over and over again.
  • Rest and Relaxation Upgrade: we get new buildings like juice bars, karaoke machines, etc, and new rooms like spas and lounges.  Imagine the fun the art and animation team and sound engineer could have with dupes singing karaoke or relaxing in a jacuzzi.

Archived