How much steam does a rocket expell at launch?

Why? To use it on the next launch? You would need decent insulation to stop it from turning back to liquid. Otherwise, if you wanted to recycle the water, you would need to cool it and spend more energy then what you would spend to make new steam, considering that basically a tile of water is all you need for one launch. I don't see it being worth the efford

The steam rocket has steam of temperature that can be harvested with turbines. That said, the Hydrogen rocket is much better for such tasks..

20190427152357_1.thumb.jpg.806c800d6d50c22d9f9b4b895fc5228a.jpg

Also the amount they spew out is entirely depending on how long a takeoff patch they have. 

If your rocket silo goes from the bottom of the map, your rocket obviously spews out much more steam then if you launch it from the very upper limit of the map.

6 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

Also the amount they spew out is entirely depending on how long a takeoff patch they have. 

Be careful with statements like that. Before long we will see people launching rockets from the oil biome in order to harvest steam for turbines all the way up.

6 hours ago, Tonyroid said:

Using hydrogen rockets I collect about 500kg of steam/water per launch.

Pretty accurate, but not also on landing. I end up with 1100-1200 per trip. The destination does not matter, I send 1 cargo rockets to the first asteroid. Cost 166 kg giving around a ton every 4-5 cycles(3 trip + 1-2 cooling)

19 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Be careful with statements like that. Before long we will see people launching rockets from the oil biome in order to harvest steam for turbines all the way up.

Something like this ? 

The map is Helicona, so bottom of map, but no oil.

20190226082040_1.thumb.jpg.6d183a473d340c7c51c0ccf0718dc0ed.jpg

Archived