Uhh... I have an art thread now?

On 7/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, SkylordElberich said:

"Reyt, time to put that classical degree to use."

GoHWurzel001.thumb.jpg.0394e2e24dcd75e18cd05811613fab38.jpg

Wurzel's Guest of Honour skin! Keeping with the theme of music, I decided to make Wurzel a conductor for an orchestra. He cleans up surprisingly well, don't you think?

Ooh another conductor. @AretMaw's Whyatt has competition for the maestro role ;)

• Like 1

Hey would you look at that, my first piece in a long time! Yeah, sorry about kinda disappearing. I guess I kinda burned myself out, Don't Starve fanart-wise.

5d5ae35f41ca3_WurzelWinona001.thumb.jpg.0873121672791f1398cf7e677494d8d9.jpg

Here is Winona acting as one would expect upon finding a living scarecrow. And hey, a little story to go with it:

Winona, Woodie, Warly, Wigfrid and Wortox had recovered from the hound attack. Sure, they had a few scratches to show for it, but they were mostly alright. As they prepared to move off, Winona announced "If I'm not back before sunset, come looking for me." The others turned. "You goin' somewhere, boss?" Woodie asked, a little concerned. "Yeah," Winona responded, "I dropped my piggyback when them dogs attacked us. Had some gems in there, and I ain't leaving those behind." The others huddled together and muttered between themselves, before turning back to Winona. "We'll meet you at Pig Village." Woodie said, "That way, we'll be halfway to Wilson's camp." Winona nodded, and began to walk to the forest where she left the piggyback.

Now in the forest, Winona regretted coming alone, or at least without a decent weapon. All she had was a hammer, which was ineffective against spiders. "Better than nothing, though" She thought to herself, whilst wandering through the woods. Then, she saw a totally normal tree, and a bit of deja vu flashed through her brain. "Gettin' warmer..." she thought to herself, and she rushed towards it.

There it was, at the bottom of the trunk. "Bingo!" Winona whispered to herself. She went to pick up her piggyback, but she was distracted by... was it a groan? Either way, she decided to check, as it sounded close. She looked around the other side of the tree, and saw... a scarecrow. And a guitar. Both of which appeared, much to Winona's chagrin, to be perfectly hand-crafted.

"Is this your idea of a joke, Wortox?" She yelled into the woods "'Cause I ain't laughing!" But then she heard that groaning again, and the scarecrow was... moving!

"Could y' keep it down a bit, mate?" He said, clutching its head "I got a bangin' headache." Winona jumped, and let out a yelp. The scarecrow scrambled to his feet, sub-coherently asking "Whuh, what, what?" while looking for a threat that he didn't realise was himself. He then saw the totally normal tree, and assumed that was what Winona yelped at, and said "Oh, them things! Yeah, they look a bit weird, but they ain't nowt to worr-"

Winona whacked the scarecrow across the back of the head, and a lump of grass fell out. "ARGH!!! Whasamattawivyeh?!" The scarecrow cried "I tol' yeh I got a headache!" But Winona kept swinging. The Scarecrow, however, managed to dodge the swings and, seeing an opening, punched Winona in the diaphragm, stopping her assault by knocking all the breath out of her. The scarecrow, instantly regretful of his actions, muttered "bugger" and ran over the collapsed, coughing Winona.

He helped Winona to her feet, asking "Are you alright, luv?" Winona managed to wheeze "Yeah... just need... a moment." She then sat down to catch her breath. The scarecrow picked up the guitar, sat down at the tree trunk, and began playing. "Y'know, for a scarecrow, "Winona complemented "you throw a pretty mean punch." The scarecrow looked sheepish, and said "Sorry about that, but in my defense, you were swinging that hammer at me." Winona chuckled. "I suppose we got off on the wrong foot" She observed, and then offered her hand for the scarecrow to shake. "Winona" She introduced. The Scarecrow smiled, took Winona's hand and shook, and introduced himself; "Samuel Xavier Gummidge, but most folk calls me Wurzel."

Winona looked up at the sky, and remembered the others. "Welp," she explained whilst getting on her feet, "I gotta go. Got somewhere to be." Wurzel also got up. "Mind if I tag along? Promise I won't punch no-one." He asked. Winona nodded, and they set off for pig village. "Oh, don't forget the piggyback" she said. "You don't mind carrying that, do ya?"

"So, Why're you dressed like that?" Winona asked. "Like what?" Wurzel quizzed. Winona continued "Well, what's with all that black?" Wurzel explained "Oh... well, I'm a roadie." Winona stared blankly. Wurzel continued "Y'know... like, road crew? The people who set up the stage for music groups and stuff? S'why I can carry this heavy bag without bein' slowed down." Winona muttered. "Oh." They continued to walk in silence.

To break the silence, Winona asked "So, what sorta music do you like?" Wurzel answered "Well, as you mighta' guessed, I am somefink of a purveyor of Heavy Metal." Winona gave Wurzel a funny look, and said "Uh, metal isn't music, bud." Wurzel, somewhat offended, indignantly asked "Oh yeah? What sorta music d'you go for, then?" Winona shrugged, and answered "I'm kinda partial to blues, myself." Wurzel scoffed, and mockingly said " Feh, 'blues'. What is this, 1930s?" Winona answered "Well, not yet."

Wurzel stopped walking. He asked "wha'd'ye mean, 'not yet'?" Winona answered "As in it's the 1920's out there... ain't it?" Wurzel stared at the ground in bewildered terror. "Wurzel," Winona called, snapping her fingers in his face, "you with me buddy?" Wurzel looked up, with an expression of horror. "I got here in 1998." He said. Winona thought about the implications of this for a moment, before saying "We can talk about this on the way."

Woodie stared into the fire, antsy. "She should be here by now." He muttered. Warly scolded "Now, mon ami, you worry too much. She's probably just... found something to tinker with." Wortox cartwheeled towards Woodie, and said "I agree, you worry too much, your mind plays tricks on you, and that's my job!" Wigfrid, drawing in the dirt with her spear, countered "Nö, I have tö agree with the wöödsman, she's been göne löng enöugh. We must go and find her."

"No need!" Winona called, torch in hand. Wurzel followed suit, strumming his guitar. "My, my," Wortox joked "You appear to have been followed!" Woodie pointed Lucy at Wurzel and asked "Who's the straw hoser?" Winona introduced him, saying "Guys, meet Wurzel!" Wurzel gave a little wave. Winona continued "He's from the future! ...or, we're from the past. Either way, show him the same amount of respect you guys show me; none!"

Warly leaned over to Wigfrid and asked "Is he a scarecrow, or do my eyes deceive me?" Wigfrid answered "He's made of straw from where I'm standing." Warly thought for a moment, and then shrugged, saying, "Well, as long as he has a large appetite and pulls his weight, he's welcome!"

"Nice guitar you got there." Woodie observed. "You any good?"

"Mate," Wurzel chuckled, finishing upgrading his guitar and putting down an amp, "You have absolutely no idea."

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh, is he Australian? >u> The way you wrote his accent sorta seems like it.

I'm surprised Winona understands heavy metal as a music genre, considering what they had in the 1920s.

Nah, he's English, specifically from West Yorkshire.

To clear things up, Winona didn't actually know about Heavy Metal the genre, she just assumed Wurzel was talking about actual metal, like iron or aluminium, and thought he was a crazy person. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I'll admit my writing skills are a little basic.

• Like 2

One day, Wurzel wakes up to finds himself with a pole up his back, with a feathered friend and an imp snickering below.

(Thanks to @minespatch for inspiring this one.)

5d632a06d9f2b_WurzelWortox001(2).thumb.jpg.b79fc100c907ed4d544d406e92ff07b3.jpg

Wortox "Oh, 'rook' at what we have here!"

Wurzel: "Wortox, what th'ell ye playing at?"

Wortox: "Oh, don't start ranting and 'raven' now!"

Wurzel: "I swear to god-"

Wortox: "I'm sure this new position will 'crow' on you!"

Wurzel: "Wortox, get me down now, or I'm gonna rub me hands in garlic and introduce you to me friends 'vade' and 'retro'."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A new survivor enters the constant! But wait... he seems familiar, doesn't he? In fact, he looks strikingly like a certain... gentleman scientist!

Warren001.thumb.jpg.a09cd0293962c20f3f4caec9d7686ebb.jpg

Say hello to J. Warren Higgsbury, Wilson's charismatic cousin from Louisiana! Before he came to the constant, Warren was quite the charmer, which he used to gain the affections of women, or to get himself out of trouble when those women turned out to be spoken for. But once he heard of his eccentric cousin's disappearance, he used his charm to earn the trust of a Voodoo priestess, who told Warren to go to Wilson's home. When he went there, he saw the portal he created, curiosity got the best of him, and... well, no amount of charisma can get him out of this situation.

Health - 150

Hunger - 250

Sanity - 100-250 (dependant on hunger)

Voice - Clarinet

Perks & Weaknesses

• Is very charismatic - When interacting with traders (Pig King, Yaarctopus, Antlion, and the Hamlet pigs), Warren always gets a little more, be it an extra gold nugget, dubloon, or a couple spare oincs. Also, recruited followers stay with him for longer.
  • Gets more confident with a full belly - Similar to Wolfgang's health, Warren's sanity in dependant on his stomach, and has three forms based on his current hunger;
  1. Anxious - Below 80 hunger, all sources of temporal sanity loss are increased by 50%, and he loses his charm.
  2. Calm - Between 80 and 220 hunger, warren receives no special buffs or debuffs.
  3. Audacious - Above 220 hunger, all sources of temporal sanity loss are reduced by 50%.
  • Can't grow a magnificent beard - Though he has a nice soul patch, Warren's pitiful attempt to grow a full beard causes him to lose sanity at a rate of 1.1 a minute. Shaving it restores 15 sanity.
Edited by SkylordElberich
Forgot to add voice
  • Like 3

The Higgsbury cousins have gotten themselves into a fine scrape, just like old times!

...Well, except this time they're trapped in an alternate dimension where fragments of the 'moon' turns normal animals into festering abominations.

5d6a385844f64_WarrenWilson001.thumb.jpg.20372ee6aea23cc9606ce44e2034711f.jpg

Warren: "Wilson, I think we better hightail it outta here, 'cause my Southern charm don't mean much to this fella!"

Wilson: "WAAUUUGH!!!"

• Like 4

"My Hallowed Nights costumes always attract the biggest buzz!"

Wyasquito001.thumb.jpg.0c8c621d0303a80771684c1dc4089345.jpg

Hey everyone, it's spooky month! And that means Wya gets a spooky mosquito costume! While it was based around Don't Starve's mosquitos, I also took some inspiration from the Bloodsucker enemies from Darkest Dungeon, so this mosquito costume doubles as a vampire costume!  

• Like 3