Uhh... I have an art thread now?

Okay... here goes nothing...

I have an art thread now! I don't know how regularly I'll update, but... a small start's still a start! So let's start with an OC: Wyami'ina!

Wya001.thumb.jpg.673d6c1cc27ba4732a79b7556453450a.jpg

Wyami'ina was the princess of the Ancients, daughter to the king and queen, though she was involved in a accident involving nightmare fuel, which... changed her. After that same fuel destroyed her kingdom years later, she developed a fear of the dark and all manner of tenebrous places... and when Maxwell came and turned the Constant into a constant nightmare, she developed a fierce and violent hatred of him.

Stats:

Health - 120

Hunger - 200

Sanity - 80

• Like 8

A little bit of Wyami'ina info, because my artistic skills can only take me so far.

Wyami'ina's perks and disadvantages are as follows:

• Fears the dark - She loses 1.25 more sanity in the dark. Conversely, she loses 1.25 less sanity from other sources.
  • Knows ancient secrets - She is capable of learning Ancient and Volcanic recipes permanently, not requiring a Pseudoscience station or Obsidian Workbench to craft them. She also knows how to craft tier 1 ancient items from the start.
  • Stress faster- When insane, Wyami'ina's hunger loss slows by 5/min.

Wyami'ina's voice is a Hurdy-Gurdy.

On 5/31/2019 at 8:29 PM, SkylordElberich said:

Wya001.thumb.jpg.673d6c1cc27ba4732a79b7556453450a.jpg

Sorry for the wait in replies. Something tells me that you and @Arlesienne would be friends if she did more art of her elf character Ayenth on the forums. I like the choice of the fantasy element. Contrasts the 1920s tone of the game but this is your imagination so draw away.

On 6/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, SkylordElberich said:

Wyamadness001.thumb.jpg.5d84b4fb8bfffa2d7f19612665673d69.jpg

Nice and creepy. I like the choice of lomography to give the intensity of the insanity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Sorry for the wait in replies. Something tells me that you and @Arlesienne would be friends if she did more art of her elf character Ayenth on the forums. I like the choice of the fantasy element. Contrasts the 1920s tone of the game but this is your imagination so draw away.

Nice and creepy. I like the choice of lomography to give the intensity of the insanity.

I don't really know how to respond to praise, so... thank you!

• Like 1

My first piece featuring another character!

Due to the whole science-magic dichotomy going on in the constant, Wya and Wilson occasionally find themselves arguing.

5cfbdad6ddcdd_Wya-wilsonargument001.thumb.jpg.7e5554ca824be6b66992d147bb66e833.jpg

Wilson: "You can't just say it's 'magic'! There has to be some sort of science!"

Wya: "It's a teleportation device powered by gems! Where's the science?!"

Wilson: "Look, I'm just-"

Wya: "SHOW ME THE SCIENCE, WILSON."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

"Strip away the flesh, and what's left is a dancing shadow."

TriumphantWya001.thumb.jpg.5da742b00f5a9a2dbdfa30721425b483.jpg

Behold, the Triumphant Wyami'ina! I must say, I'm quite proud of this one. It was partially inspired by the Ancient bosses, and you'll see bits of them here and there; the wild grey fur of the Guardian as Wya's hair, her shawl replaced by the Herald's cape, bony and shadowy like the Fuelweaver, and for a little extra flavour, two Iron hulk arms!

• Like 7

Don't worry, I haven't abandoned this thread! I'm just... bad at keeping a regular schedule. Anyways, a new artwork; Wyami'ina and Webber!

5d082d501f2dd_WyaandWebber001.thumb.jpg.05fb9612ccbfadbb3a031a1ea8f6a1be.jpg

Webber was actually the first of the Don't Starve cast to meet Wya, and they've since become like brother and sister. In fact, here's a story of their first meeting:

Wyami'ina was lost, but then again, she always was. Everytime she came to a new world, it always took a few seasons to get her bearings. And this world felt... different. A different she couldn't quite put her hands on. Maybe it was the new creatures, or the raised shoreline, or perhaps those thorny flowers. Or maybe it had to do with the fact she came through that curious gate to get here. It didn't feel like one of Maxwell's creations. Whatever the case, it was better than the last world, that hellscape of near constant winter.

Either way, Wya was lost. In a deep, dark, and altogether spooky forest. Not a problem, She thought. Just need to find some flint and twigs and-

She heard a snap.

She turned around slowly, and saw... well, she didn't quite know. It looked like a spider, but it walked on two legs. It was facing away from her, so if she quietly walked away and didn't make a commotion...

But then, the spider-thing turned around, and stopped suddenly when it saw her. It smiled, waved at her, and said "Hello!"

Wya yelped, and bolted for a thicket. The spider-thing shouted "Wait!" and ran after her.

Wya ran and ran, but the spider-thing just wouldn't give up. Eventually, she managed to clamber her way up a tree. When the spider-thing caught up to her, she hissed from her perch and spat "Ah-yehk alat-ama'argh! Leave me alone!" The spider-thing said "I know that we... we're kinda creepy-lookin', but I promise we won't hurt you!" It was then that Wya had noticed the thing's stature, and the way it talked... was it a child, this creature? Still, she couldn't take any chances. "How can I tell you're not just trying to lure me down?" She enquired. The spider-thing took something out of what you might call a pocket, and tossed it up to Wya.

It was jerky. She sniffed it.

"It's okay to eat." The spider-child said. "We promise. Cross our heart and hope to die."

Wya bit into it. Whatever the creature was, he was honest. "Very well, child," she said, as she scoffed the rest of the delicious morsel down and leapt down from the tree "I find you trustworthy." The spider child stuck out his hand, and said "My name's Webber!" Wya hesitated for a moment, but then smiled,  and said "A pleasure, Webber." She then shook Webber's hand, and continued" I am Wyami'ina, High Karcist of the Thulean Order, bane of Maxwell, and last Princess of Thule." Webber stared blankly. "Wya for short," she amended "if all the titles are too much."

Webber smiled as warmly as a spider can, and began to pull Wya along. "C'mon, it'll be dusk soon," he said, "and I want you to meet all the others at camp!" Wya was a little confused "You have a camp... with others?" Webber responded with glee "Oh, yeah! Don't worry, they're not as creepy as me... except Maxwell, but you seem to already know him." Wya was shocked "Maxwell... is with you?" Webber responded "Yeah, but don't worry, he's kind of a pushover now. And Miss Wickerbottom says he's actually real nice, deep down." Another new name, Wya thought. This 'Wickerbottom' probably hates, or at least hated, Maxwell as much as me, and just humoring Webber to be nice.

"How many of you are there?" She asked. "Webber thought for a while, and said "I don't know for sure, but we've split into groups of five or six. Our gang is Me, Wilson, who says he's a scientist, Willow - she likes fire, Maxwell, Miss Wickerbottom, who's real smart, and my best friend Wendy. Oh and her sister Abigail, but she's a ghost."

"Well, I should like to meet them face to face." Wya said. Her brow furrowed with rage "Especially... Maxwell."

• Like 7

Triumphant001.thumb.jpg.706513fd826a266d62fd3018d196a600.jpg

A very quick sketch explaining the difference between the motives of most Triumphant characters, and the motives of Triumphant Wya.

44 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Webber is the open minded one of the group. Too precious for this world.

Indeed. After a few weeks in camp, he (and also Wendy, but she won't admit it) sees Wya as a cool big sister who teaches him different pranks to pull on Maxwell.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What are those words at the back?

That would be *Lorn playing in the background*

Lorn is an electronic musician known for his dark and nihilistic songs, which fits Triumphant Wya’s omnicidal tendencies quite nicely, I feel.

Edited by SkylordElberich
  • Like 1

A new sound fills the Constant... the rustle of straw against burlap... the cawing of crows... and the thunderous roar of Heavy Metal!

Wurzel001.thumb.jpg.672e7f6dfcffc3f60c69eb080120f090.jpg

Meet Wurzel, my newest OC! A roadie, the best in the business actually, stuck in the Constant... in the body of a scarecrow. He has no idea how he got here, or how he became a scarecrow... or where he put his wallet, but he's always losing that. Last thing he remembers is drinking a few special brews, and the next thing he knows, he's lying down in some weird place, with some ponce calling him 'pal' and telling him to find something to eat.

Health - 150

Hunger - 180

Sanity - 120

Voice - bass guitar (played in the manner of the late, great Lemmy)

Perks and Weaknesses

• Is a scarecrow - If Wurzel takes too much damage at one time, he drops a cut grass and loses some of his maximum health. He can use cut grass to restore some of his max health, but each cut grass restores less than what he's lost. Also, if he loses damage while burning or poisoned, he drops ash or rot respectively, instead of grass. Also, sometimes crows are replaced by canaries in DST.
  • Is a roadie - And one of the best! Most items that would normally slow down most characters don't affect Wurzel in the slightest, though heavy items that need to be carried in the chest slot (like suspicious marble) still slow him down, though reduced by 50%.
  • Knows the secrets of heavy metal - has his own crafting tab called 'Metal' which allows him to craft a guitar that can be played for sanity (with increased hunger drain) or upgraded for different effects, and storage with a larger capacity than a chest.
  • Like 6

Wurzel and Willow, having a fireside chat about the future. Technically, it's still the past, as Wurzel came to the constant in 1997.

5d0e32757c0b5_WurzelWillow001.thumb.jpg.0252ede7a9ca99201906bb72bb081ac8.jpg

Willow: So, what's been going on since the 20'?

Wurzel: ... D'ye think the fire needs some more wood?

Willow: HECK YEAH! But seriously, answer the question.

Wursel: Well, it gets worse before it gets better, I'll say that much.

Willow: How much wo-

Wurzel: Reyt, I'm gettin' some firewood!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sorry for the delay! Art block is a terrible thing. But look; a new piece!

Although the psychological effects of sanity are reversed on the Lunar Isle, some physiological effects, at least for Wya... aren't.

LunarIsleConvo002.thumb.jpg.032145f17d0d6f619427f4f52bdab5be.jpg

Wurzel: Wya, luv, are you sure yer alright?

Wyami'ina: Best I've felt in aeons, actually. Whyever do you ask?

Wurzel: ...Nowt. Nevermind.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

I guess Wurzel doesn't have problems due to him being a scarecrow?

Oh no, he’s affected by enlightenment and insanity like everyone else. (Just imagine here that he has a large supply of green caps at hand) Only Wya displays the effect of ‘black stuff coming out of her face’ when insane.

• Like 1