How many days does Winter last?

I've made it 15 days into winter at this point..Is it fair to believe it lasts 20 days? Isn't it chronologically dumb to have winter last as long as all 3 of the other seasons?Hard game = good.Hard game with dumb features just to be hard = not good.

My winter started around 20 and lasted until near 40. I really think they should make it shorter than summer OR have a spring/fall with day length in between winter and summer and freezing only being a hazard at night. As it stands, IF you are prepared for winter, it is incredibly boring just sitting by a fire and eating.

Day 20-35 everytime in sandbox, then 20 days and winter again. I wish spring was 20, summer was 20, No Fall, and then winter 20. The game could start in summer, but I hate winter coming again so soon after the first.

I really think they should make it shorter than summer OR have a spring/fall with day length in between winter and summer and freezing only being a hazard at night. As it stands, IF you are prepared for winter, it is incredibly boring just sitting by a fire and eating.

^ This basically.

I really wish Winter only lasted a week tops, its so damn boring just sitting around all day. I mean its winter, in the winter here at night I can see well enough to wander around outside with no lights ources but moonlight, why can't you do that in ds winter. Remove the grue or something so we can do something with 2/3 of the day. Anymore I just set Sandbox to Summer only out of wanted to be able to do something, sitting through one whole winter while reading reddit every 5 minutes of actual playtime was enough.

I wish spring was 20, summer was 20, No Fall, and then winter 20.

I'd honestly love it if we got all 4 seasons. Even if autumn was only 1-3 days long, just enough time to somewhat prepare yourself for winter. Edited by Noxhe

I really wish Winter only lasted a week tops, its so damn boring just sitting around all day. I mean its winter, in the winter here at night I can see well enough to wander around outside with no lights ources but moonlight, why can't you do that in ds winter. Remove the grue or something so we can do something with 2/3 of the day. Anymore I just set Sandbox to Summer only out of wanted to be able to do something, sitting through one whole winter while reading reddit every 5 minutes of actual playtime was enough.

This is why there should be a location penalty of some type. However, there really is no reason you have to stay in your base during winter. It is completely possible to be nomadic and play without a base in either winter or summer.

This is why there should be a location penalty of some type. However, there really is no reason you have to stay in your base during winter. It is completely possible to be nomadic and play without a base in either winter or summer.

Yeah, for some reason people let their fear of freezing over take them and then say winter is boring.I do all my exploring in the winter, hunt the walrus hunting parties, and gather resources. :)A few good tips are to craft the low tier farming plots and rabbit traps around areas you go a lot, like boulder biomes, fishing spots, tree farms, etc. Plant and forget, then when you are out and need food just harvest them. I put them all over my world for wintertime.