Hello!

I recently began playing DST and I love it! I have noticed that there seem to be many "unweavable" skins that are also not available for purchase for characters and belongings. Are these ever up for sale, gifted, or made available in special events...or are they just skins we missed and are no longer available at all?

Also, I have not seen a season pass for DST on console. I play via PS4, and would like to know if that will be an option in the future.

Sorry if I simply overlooked these answers elsewhere, I'm kind of new to the forum and game :)

Some skins (triumphant, survivor, guest of honor) can only be obtained through drops/steam market, though when a character update comes out, you will be able to weave that specific character’s skins.

Additionally, some skins were available for a twitch promotion which has passed, but could possibly return in the future.

Finally, most of the other unweavable skins are usually holiday restricted. (Snowfallen, Hallowed Nights, etc.)

5 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Some skins (triumphant, survivor, guest of honor) can only be obtained through drops/steam workshop, though when a character update comes out, you will be able to weave that specific character’s skins.

Three skinlines (Gladiator, Magmatic, and Victorian) are only available during the special events Forge and Gorge, which will return after an unknown amount of time.

Finally, most of the other unweavable skins are usually holiday restricted. (Snowfallen, Hallowed Nights, etc.)

You got a few things wrong.

Some skins are from watching/making twitch videos with drops enabled.

You can buy Gladiator, Magmatic and Victorian skins on steam store and in-game.

Nothing in steam workshop, if there is it is not allowed.

Forgot to say that some skins are from puzzles. There is a thread somewhere that explains how to solve them.

Im surprised no one has mentioned the Steam Market yet. You can get decent skins.

The usual price ranges can be grouped up like so:

Dirt Cheap (under a dollar) -You can get a few skins at this price

Semi-Decently Okay-ish (1 to 5 bucks) -Most of the skins are under this category

A tad pricy (5 to 10 bucks) -Skins here might be a tad more than you're willing to pay for skins, but hey, they're the ones that generally look cooler

Expensive (10 to 20 bucks) -You can get really really high-tier skins at this price range, such as elegant item skins. However, you should really only buy something this expensive if you either REALLY want it or you have money to throw away.

Wendy Guest of Honor (20+ bucks) -Stupidly expensive, don't bother

35 minutes ago, Canis said:

Im surprised no one has mentioned the Steam Market yet. You can get decent skins.

That is great, but I thought Steam stores were only for PC players? I play on PS4, so I don't think I could get anything there that I can use on console. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I really don't know anything about PC gaming and it would be great if I could go there for what I want and be able to access it from my console...I've always had a PlayStation lol

I'm still learning a lot when it comes to today's gaming and social media, and most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing XD

1 minute ago, PSV_USA said:

That is great, but I thought Steam stores were only for PC players? I play on PS4, so I don't think I could get anything there that I can use on console. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I really don't know anything about PC gaming and it would be great if I could go there for what I want and be able to access it from my console...I've always had a PlayStation lol

I'm still learning a lot when it comes to today's gaming and social media, and most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing XD

Ah, I didn't notice that you said you play PS4. I'm a big dum dum, apologies.

5 hours ago, PSV_USA said:

Also, I have not seen a season pass for DST on console. I play via PS4, and would like to know if that will be an option in the future.

Why would you want a season pass ??? I mean im on ps4 too and i dont see the need of such a thing for a game like DST :/

@Warlockadamm

I like getting all the content as it comes out in a bundled price. I get Rainbow Six Siege season passes too, and I enjoy the early access of all the new content as well as actually getting new stuff as it's released. Like this past Wortox update. If I had a season pass I may have gotten him early and at a slightly better rate. 

I see no problem with those who want to buy new content as it comes out or who want to grind to earn over a thousand spools for new characters, but I happen to like season passes. I've unraveled every duplicate gift I have gotten over the past month and a half of playing the game, and I still only have 325 spools, without having used any of it. Different people, different planet.

Just because you may not see an advantage does not mean one doesn't exist for others :)

8 hours ago, PSV_USA said:

~snip

Well i never saied there wasnt any advantages... but as a long time player (played since vanilla DS in 2013) of this game i know how the content and update get release on ps4 lmao. A season pass wouldnt really work with how Klei do the update. You can ask to other long time player about stuff like "the hallowed night dark ages".

Sometime the content takes time or even ages to come out and the ps4 community is up roar ( i mean i understand why xD). A season pass would just increase the chaos between the community in my opinion. 

With time you'll also see that klei isn't like other company. They rather make sure that the content is perfect then releasing it on time. You wouldnt have the benifice of playing "early access" that a season pass would give you. 

Anyway i mean like you saied different people, different planet. I dont hold the holy truth but i really think im not alone when i say that DST shouldnt have the format of a season pass. This game isnt a AAA. Its a indie game made by awesome Dev that have a really different vision on the gaming world.

P.s. if you wanna have the new stuff (witch in this case is skin and characters) when the content gets out well you can buy it day 1 of when it comes out ^^ thats what i do anyway. The bundle price that a season pass would offer is indeed beneficial though and you are totally right on that part.

(Sorry for the long post)

@Warlockadamm

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was an indie game, and I never really thought about the impact that would have on releasing new content, but it makes sense.

To be honest, I am glad they are indie...they seem to really care about making a well oiled game. I suppose I'm a bit spoiled with season passes...I love getting things as they come out and I think the price is a bit lower that way...but if it means their content will be better overall to release it without a schedule, I can get used to that lol.

Archived