Logsuit

It goes down in like 4-5 spider hits.And you totally lose one during a hound attack because for whatever reason hounds no longer priotorize eating meat on the ground.It needs to be buffed imo, I haven't tried the night armor yet but I assume it was nerfed also.Either give us a tier 2 armor, or buff it a little bit so it can withstand hound attacks.

Just practice kiting! Trust me, once you get the hang of kiting, you'll think logsuits need a nerf :DEDIT: Also, don't forget about the football helmet!

Kiting doesn't really help when you fight 12 hounds at the same time, they seem to target the player first, not the meat. Also, in order to win the fight you'd have to wait for the perfect opportunity or get them into a fight with either bees or pigs or mating steaks or swamp monsters.

The log suit is still very, very good for something that's made out of sticks and grass. Prior to the update it essentially made you invincible. Now that it's frail enough to break in combat, it's actually possible to die if you're not careful. But as long as you make sure to wear a fresh suit before you go into combat, you'll usually still be fine. If you're worried, you can always build a second set and bring it into the fight to put on after the first one breaks (if you're quick about it).

Kiting doesn't really help when you fight 12 hounds at the same time, they seem to target the player first, not the meat. Also, in order to win the fight you'd have to wait for the perfect opportunity or get them into a fight with either bees or pigs or mating steaks or swamp monsters.

I have never dropped a single piece of meat on the ground for the hounds and I have fought 12 at once, multiple times, simply by kiting either around beefalo, kiting through a swamp, kiting around a beehive, kiting through a pig village or kiting around with Abigail.

I have never dropped a single piece of meat on the ground for the hounds and I have fought 12 at once, multiple times, simply by kiting either around beefalo, kiting through a swamp, kiting around a beehive, kiting through a pig village or kiting around with Abigail.

I'd love to see a video of you taking on a pack of 12 hounds solo, no help from anything besides you, your armor, and your weapon. I can't do it, and heavily rely on bee mines when reaching end game day 100+ Or can you only do kiting through the help of swamp tentacles, beefalo, or pigs?

Anyone who says kiting hounds is easy has never lived to day 100 in the new update.

Well Excuuuuse me. I didn't realise we were talking day 100+ hounds. I do believe according to the roadmap the devs are still sorting out the late/end game, so maybe we will see a 3rd craftable armor sometime in the near future.

I'd love to see a video of you taking on a pack of 12 hounds solo, no help from anything besides you, your armor, and your weapon. I can't do it, and heavily rely on bee mines when reaching end game day 100+ Or can you only do kiting through the help of swamp tentacles, beefalo, or pigs?

I only play as Wendy and I don't play that way. In fact, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on the forums from the devs that melee is only supposed to be used as a last resort. When I kite, I use a logsuit in case I run into something unexpected and the hat depends on what area I'm close to - grasslands, swamp or the green areas. I don't use a weapon as I don't need one.

I didn't say it's impossible to kite them one by one, but it's game over for you if they swarm you all at once. And not always there's a swamp or the rest nearby.

I didn't say it's impossible to kite them one by one, but it's game over for you if they swarm you all at once. And not always there's a swamp or the rest nearby.

I have kited a whole pack, granted, that was before this latest update. The way I see it, you have 30 seconds to form a strategy and get to where you need to be. Personally, I always set up base near either a heard of beefalo or in the middle of a swamp so those resources are always close by. Ofc, always have an amulet on hand or a meat effigy set up just in case. You never know what can happen.