Hamlet ; lack of lore

Ham3d

first of all i thanks klei and his devs to making awesome games and support it ; and also listening to its fans .you made a perfect dlc , congrats on that to you and players.

but...
in my opinion i think ds is a dead game and what can make hamlet worth to play is "LORE" , some lore that serve to "dst lore" and push the story of survivors forward ; otherwise its just a wasting time to make a base that no one can see your effort and play with you (even with new awesome staffs!) and i hardly waited to see that lore especially when wagstaff released but did'nt see anything and now hamlet launched and still NO LORE !

and lemmi say what lore i expected . i was thinking dst upcoming update is about escaping from constant to our home by defeating "them" ; and hamlet is a step before this achievement and it is a backstory for upcoming dst update! BUT IT WASN'T !

Actually i expected these lores from hamlet :

1 - wagstaff lore :
- an animation/comic pictues or special gameplay unlocking like maxwell/wes through his adventure mode with his lore
- is wagstaff in real world and his picture is in constant?
- how he sudenly appeared in constant and where he was? what he gained through his absence ? and are he useful to help survivors? are his tech or research can help survivors to defeat "them" and get out constant to go "home"?

i expected from wagstaff be 3rd protagonist person like max/wil and help the group , i thought he can share his knowledge and experience with the others that he achived through those years of absence to travel new land and maybe home by defeating charlie, and this is match to upcoming dst update too !

i know i bit too far , but i still expected more lore from that !

but they launched it without any LORE about wagstaff!

2 - special "tech" lied behind hamlet

i expected the Ultimate goal of hamlet and usful of it be a "special tech" from ancient of hamlet that waited to be discoverd by wagstaff and bringed it back to real or dst world .
And in dst assembled it with opal gem to use on ancient gate or celestial portal to travel to our home or making an special tool to defeat charlie/them !

when they said hamlet launched with dst upcoming update , i think they are connected with eachother but i was wrong !
hamlet was just a "dlc" ! i expected too much "LORE" from that ! hamlet is just a shiny dlc from a dead game and i dont wast my time on things that no one can see you in-game and can just saw some pics of it !

I feel the Wagstaff lore we got was decent enough. I'm more disappointed that we get no explanation for who made the Iron Hulk, what exactly the Ancient Herald is, and the fact that Wilba, the character who is literally a pig, gives virtually no pig lore.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I feel the Wagstaff lore we got was decent enough. I'm more disappointed that we get no explanation for who made the Iron Hulk, what exactly the Ancient Herald is, and the fact that Wilba, the character who is literally a pig, gives virtually no pig lore.

i think wagstaff had more potentioal to be explained !

about hulk and herald i agree with you too , so many things left unfinished !

I think it's fair to say, in my opinion atleast, that Wagstaff ended up being one of the failed survivors. The last time someone got so giddy about nightmare fuel they ended up collapsing a whole bug civilization, so its fair to say that Wagstaff probably wouldn't do any better. It's the sort of thing you'd expect from somebody trying to harness a power they don't understand.

That being said, I could be entirely wrong. Especially if they add him to DST at some point, then there's no legs to stand on.

17 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Wilba, the character who is literally a pig, gives virtually no pig lore.

Her father being a complete mystery really bugs me. We can assume he was the King of Hamlet and that he is cursed. But nothing in the game even mentions him apart from the silver necklace.

Could you imagine how amazing it would have been to stumble upon a lone pig house on another island? Inhabited by the exiled cursed King?

There's a lot of missed opportunities with Hamlet.

On 14/05/2019 at 7:43 PM, YouKnowWho said:

That being said, I could be entirely wrong. Especially if they add him to DST at some point, then there's no legs to stand on.

something that bugs me is that they didnt state if hes coming to DST or not, as if the absence of an answer is a plot point

Archived