Wheeler shouldn’t have been buffed

11 minutes ago, Toros said:

Lower stats, equipment disabling dodge, lower damage on her gun would be a reasonable way to get her back to a balanced point.

There’s lots of ways she could’ve been changed without lowering inventory slots.

I’m happy that people seem to be realizing just how crazy huge these buffs were.

Personally, I feel changes like these would make me feel like she's perfectly balanced and still very fun to play!

• Health being reduced by 25-50 points to make getting hit hurt that much more and making dodge that much more important.
  • Her gun going back to the way it was or somewhere in between it is now and before.
  • Equipment lowering movement speed based on a weight category.
  • 10-25% increased hunger rate OR hunger rate increasing based on how heavy the equipment she's equipped with is further supporting her con of being a "light traveler" and not being use to using such heavy equipment
  • 10-15% reduced damage multiplier (if her gun does fixed damage then this would make her gun more useful as well)

29 minutes ago, Toros said:

I’m happy that people seem to be realizing just how crazy huge these buffs were.

I don't think people are realizing it, but you are realizing people had already realized it.

29 minutes ago, Toros said:

There’s lots of ways she could’ve been changed without lowering inventory slots.

This is EXACTLY what was being discussed since the beginning. But you are aaaall the way over there in your high horse about the since-beta-version-of-the-game-vet-club

6 hours ago, Warbucks said:

Personally, I feel changes like these would make me feel like she's perfectly balanced and still very fun to play!

• 10-15% reduced damage multiplier (if her gun does fixed damage then this would make her gun more useful as well)

that would apply to all weapons both melee and range... why? ... this doesn't sound like something particularly challenging... just reducing her dmg cuz reasons

6 hours ago, Warbucks said:
  • Health being reduced by 40 points to make getting hit hurt that much more and making dodge that much more important.
  • Her gun going back to the way it was or somewhere in between it is now and before.

those are fine.. and her inventory going back to what it was before

do you realize you are pretty much asking for a wes.. a female wes.

• 10-25% increased hunger rate

34 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

do you realize you are pretty much asking for a wes.. a female wes..?

Wes can't dodge or have a gun or a navigadget or talk

i feel like this thread is the only productive thread ive seen on Wheeler

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Wes can't dodge or have a gun or a navigadget or talk

i feel like this thread is the only productive thread ive seen on Wheeler

I meant this

• 10-25% increased hunger rate

those are wes traits.. we already got a wes.. we dont need a female version

the only thing i'd change for her dodge is having at least the option to stick it to a keyboard key 

like...

movement direction + dodge key

would make them dodge the way the direction was facing

i think the reason i like this so much is because i play too much enter the gungeon

One small nerf is to change the horn to simply scare mobs away instead of dealing damage (requires no ammo, but costs some durability), this way she is not ranged Wolfgang and still requires regular weapons to get by, while still being good in combat thanks to her dodge.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

that would apply to all weapons both melee and range... why? ... this doesn't sound like something particularly challenging... just reducing her dmg cuz reasons

Ranged damage shouldn't be dependent on on a character's damage multiplier since they aren't whacking something with their muscles. I'm pretty sure the pew-matic deals damage only based on what ammo is inserted into it and isn't influenced by the character's damage multiplier, if it isn't like that then should definitely be changed to be like that because it doesn't make sense for how much strength you have to determine how strong your gun would be.

15 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

Ranged damage shouldn't be dependent on on a character's damage multiplier since they aren't whacking something with their muscles. I'm pretty sure the pew-matic deals damage only based on what ammo is inserted into it and isn't influenced by the character's damage multiplier, if it isn't like that then should definitely be changed to be like that because it doesn't make sense for how much strength you have to determine how strong your gun would be.

As far as I know all dmg is nerfed when you touch base dmg... 

wendy and wes have reduced dmg on darts too...that's how it works and it's simply bad to nerf her base dmg cuz reasons

I dont like her new buffes too, cause she becomed OP.

But i have idea how balance it.

Removing chest slot.  No backpacks, no armor for her, only head slot. This can really balance her dodge, speed boost and range specialization. 

4 hours ago, pedregales said:

One small nerf is to change the horn to simply scare mobs away instead of dealing damage (requires no ammo, but costs some durability), this way she is not ranged Wolfgang and still requires regular weapons to get by, while still being good in combat thanks to her dodge.

Would you take the gun... At all.. In your inventory for the chance to... Just to scare anything?

21 minutes ago, MWY said:

If Air horns only worked that way in reality.

A rock is as powerful as a Blunderbuss now in Wheeler's hands.

This is waaay OP

Agreed.. I think going back to her old gun dmg is pretty OK... Or a happy middle.. 

The Stack ability from last update I really like tho.. Smart move

Lower HP a must now.. Around 100 to 110 HP.. To foster tactical movement 

And I think she being an explorer is cool to have a Lil speed... She has too much now.. Maybe only 5% base speed instead of 10%..  

BTW a loaded blunderbuss deals 200 dmg not 100.. So.. Let's not confuse things

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Agreed.. I think going back to her old gun dmg is pretty OK... Or a happy middle.. 

The Stack ability from last update I really like tho.. Smart move

Lower HP a must now.. Around 100 to 110 HP.. To foster tactical movement 

And I think she being an explorer is cool to have a Lil speed... She has too much now.. Maybe only 5% base speed instead of 10%.. And drop speed inventory bonus from free slots 

BTW a loaded blunderbuss deals 200 dmg not 100.. So.. Let's not confuse things

Well 2 rocks then compared to a Blunderbuss : p

11 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Would you take the gun... At all.. In your inventory for the chance to... Just to scare anything?

Yeah. Say you forgot giants are coming and you are at your base you sound your horn and you herd them away from it to battle elsewhere (or maybe you don't want to deal with them). You need time to heal from a pack of hounds/bats/crocodogs/spiders/bees, sound your horn and look at them go wild for a moment while you heal or whatever. Could also be used to scare away pogs or avoid mobs from eating/stealing your loot/things. It is niche, but has it's uses, and makes sense for a horn.

Archived