Shipwrecked characters in hamlet

15 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I'm not underestimating the power of the hat. but per se to call him "OP in Hamlet" needs to be addressed with more info

(Snip)

I never said you were underestimating the hat or the like; I was replying to JJ0. I have no issues with your previous argument or reasoning.

12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Wilbur is pretty great.. I don't think he needs to craft the prime ape hut. In Hamlet his running ability is pretty useful, he can skill birds for feather and food for early game dark sword.... overall most flexible SW character in all dlcs IMO

I agree that Walani needs some love.. her surfboard needs to be faster.. ... not so sure about not loosing sanity from wetness... maybe she looses LESS sanity from wetness.. but not completely

Warly is the most underwhelming SW character at the momment. His nerf is IMO simply boring ... I hope the devs can give him something unique.. and if possible revert tthe nerf.. that is just unfun 

Yeah, since posting that I slightly changed my mind. First of all, someone reminded me prime ape hut is already a craftable structure for all characters, which I had completely forgotten about. And with Warly all I'd do is revert the nerf as you said. Maaaaybe give a slight extra boost to health and sanity gain from crockpot foods. Like from the current 33% to 40%

33 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I never said you were underestimating the hat or the like; I was replying to JJ0. I have no issues with your previous argument or reasoning.

lol... NOW i realized how derp I was..

you weren't quoting me xD.. 

27 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

now back to the other characters,..

Wilbur is pretty great.. I don't think he needs to craft the prime ape hut. In Hamlet his running ability is pretty useful, he can skill birds for feather and food for early game dark sword.... overall most flexible SW character in all dlcs IMO

I agree that Walani needs some love.. her surfboard needs to be faster.. ... not so sure about not loosing sanity from wetness... maybe she looses LESS sanity from wetness.. but not completely

Warly is the most underwhelming SW character at the momment. His nerf is IMO simply boring ... I hope the devs can give him something unique.. and if possible revert tthe nerf.. that is just unfun 

All Walani needs is seashell at the oddball shop and maybe have ponds a little more common/useful, other than that she a female Wilson

Wilbur is pretty good, can outrun just about anything, easy sanity via bananas, easy bandit kills, easy feathers, easy tier 1 magic and can collect a mountains of poop at the cost of -1 kitting

I disagree, I find him more fun than Wilbur; Warly doesn't require gears to build fridges, can skip the charcoal biome (early days), cheaper food, easy health via waffles (80 hp) and easier nomadic playstyle (his downside can be annoying but just eat gummy cakes/meat stews then your set)

I think Walani needs an overhaul. She was never very useful even in SW, her perks are just mundane and overshadowed very quickly.

As for Warly, he's pretty alright early game, but beyond that, he's mediocre and his downside teaches bad habits and can be completely bypassed by simple math. I direct you here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/59teqs/weekly_discussion_46_warly/d9b796y/

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I think Walani needs an overhaul. She was never very useful even in SW, her perks are just mundane and overshadowed very quickly.

As for Warly, he's pretty alright early game, but beyond that, he's mediocre and his downside teaches bad habits and can be completely bypassed by simple math. I direct you here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/59teqs/weekly_discussion_46_warly/d9b796y/

Walani in shipwrecked could 'randomly' find special locations earlier than most other characters, Walani could live off of just seaweed, easily stay sane, seasons with lots of water are easier; (mundane/overshadowed?) Wilson is very much the same as Walani, just build a beard hair farm and a beefalo hat.

Yeah I know "objectively" Warly sucks but I don't like Wes because he very boring, Warly on the other hand is interesting while still being a challenge.

18 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

Walani in shipwrecked could 'randomly' find special locations earlier than most other characters, Walani could live off of just seaweed, easily stay sane, seasons with lots of water are easier; (mundane/overshadowed?) Wilson is very much the same as Walani, just build a beard hair farm and a beefalo hat.

I mean that her reduced sanity drain is not very unique or particularly substantial (it's mundane) and her surfboard is outclassed by boats only a few days in. Her faster drying speed is alright, but trivial.

Unfortunately I can't think of very many land-based perks for our surfer girl. I'd maybe recommend a resistance to overheating (all that surfing in the sun has got to build up a tan, I imagine), but I don't want Walani to just be an amalgamation of tiny positive stats with no clear playstyle, like DST Woodie.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I mean that her reduced sanity drain is not very unique or particularly substantial (it's mundane) and her surfboard is outclassed by boats only a few days in. Her faster drying speed is alright, but trivial.

Unfortunately I can't think of very many land-based perks for our surfer girl. I'd maybe recommend a resistance to overheating (all that surfing in the sun has got to build up a tan, I imagine), but I don't want Walani to just be an amalgamation of tiny positive stats with no clear playstyle, like DST Woodie.

Beard hair farm outclass Wilson's beard and the only thing he's left with is a extra winter hat, I agree with what you said about Walani

Walani's backstory is that she uses to be a pirate before becoming a surfer, so maybe she could have a fishing/pirate perk?

48 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Wait, for real? Are there quotes that actually suggest that?

Yep, her earrings kind of look piratey

Captain hat - "if only the boss could see me now"

Pirate hat - "high fashion for the high seas"

Watery gravel - "that wound's a little too fresh"

Gunpowder barrel - "Hmm, was I in charge of keeping these stowed"

Ratatouille - "For treatment of scurvy..."

White whale - "Do ye spout black blood and roll fin out?" (almost sounds like Woodlegs)

White whale carcass - "Vengeance is mine"

Deerclop's eyeball - "Aw, kind of reminds me of the boss"

Archived