Klei kinda jebaited us... kinda (Another character aside from Wagstaff and Winona caught by Voxola portal)

BIG DISCLAIMER HERE: I'm not implying Wagstaff didn't use the portal to travel to the Constant.. That's obvious to me.. I'm asking if there is maybe ANOTHER character that could have gotten caught by the Voxola portal after Wagstaff activated the portal... Maybe wrong place , wrong time kind of situation (Maybe even WX???) This is just a theory

When we were talking about the new Hamlet characters there was pretty much the strong believe that this character was Wagstaff from Winona's video Next of Kind

5c89bc8cd2598_Screenshot(330).png.82a65e77c77fbfb74006e92db5805198.png

but we got m0rdjx5xetq11.png?width=320&auto=webp&s= boyz and grilz cuz this is Wagstaff 20190419115300_1.jpg.a2e92e2cab9c4d5eeff8703bf2dfa110.jpg

here his outline in the Hamlet Roadmap 5cb99d89b3bf2_newhamletcharacters.thumb.png.0a70341b8c9ce52b950996812415e13a.png

most people thought this one (the other character announced was Wagstaff cuz it has curly hair and we assumed it was he on the video)... 5c6605ac6c707_mysteryboth.png.4f26c191c142a5ab652e9877b6f0f6c1.thumb.png.9e640a55de6b0229e79122614988c9f4.pngbut we now now the other is Wheeler20190419111406_1.jpg.c67bb9edbdd0bfabfb2d5e3956c5b2ac.jpg

now it bares the question... who is the character caught by the portal with curly hair? He doesn't look like Wagstaff, Wagstaff has different hair

Remember that Wagstaff wants to be in the Constant... why is he holding on to the frame of the door if that's Wagstaff?? He WANTS to go... Here a bit from the Hamlet roadmap by Jason

"and a mysterious inventor who finds himself exactly where he wanted to be"

If that was Wagstaff he would have let go from the minute the portal started to work and that's probably what happened... I think the other one is ANOTHER person that doesn't want to go there... maybe a person caught in the wrong place at the wrong time when Wagstaff activated the portal??

BIG DISCLAIMER HERE: I'm not implying Wagstaff didn't use the portal to travel to the Constant.. That's obvious to me.. I'm asking if there is maybe ANOTHER character that could have gotten caught by the Voxola portal after Wagstaff activated the portal... Maybe wrong place , wrong time kind of situation

5cb99c7f6a1a7_misterycharacter.jpg.b5d6c3ac39584e4c016717c226d6af9f.jpg

And in Winona's video that character looses a glove but Wagstaff doesn't reappear in the constant with said glove...

5cb9abe02d2cf_Screenshot(356).thumb.png.e4a6adb1b6b2960af33ed2a584a62cde.png5cb9abe524048_Screenshot(357).thumb.png.12b1b5183c975ded97d4e481c7a49bd7.png

This character knows Winona.. they have worked together (they have the same working garments and gloves as the other workers)5cb9aa3beb00a_Screenshot(355).png.9436de71cc7411b7ab8435741bc6950d.png and it's clear to me they know each other...

Now, which kind of relationship they have? Are they close? I could argue that they at least are friends.. Otherwise why would Winona risk her life to jump into the unknown to rescue this character?

I don't think it's Wheeler either... She is probably from a much earlier time than Winona.. and she definitely has a different background.. She is an archaeologist who loves loves to fly and travel in her Hot Balloon adventuring around the world (which is how she got to Hamlet in the first place.) I haven't seen any quote of her referring working in a factory or technology at all

20190419121659_1.thumb.jpg.ed252b548388a9c11924822bba5b029b.jpg20190419121821_1.thumb.jpg.58780e98c45535f4902c7128b4f94c06.jpg

20190419124606_2.jpg.ecc43968fc029410025e2a565a857374.jpg

20190419122014_1.jpg.2a0b824897b880f6436e8eb4be9db80d.jpg

here Winona and Wagstaff for contrast

20190419124317_1.thumb.jpg.f1d3bbf1a8e0e8d01b35ffe56b6bd62b.jpg

20190419123005_1.thumb.jpg.8072e3d01c611987458c04736c23f81f.jpg

20190419122844_1.jpg.6ab20811270ddba7c7f17deb52ed48a0.jpg

20190419124247_2.thumb.jpg.1eb70bb75f96cc5d8889a88387a1b702.jpg20190419123502_1.jpg.e832a37dee580c2ab979e223d6f1b524.jpg20190419123441_1.jpg.45428b7170f268a1238e78767f31a925.jpg

-- edit--

Possible time line---- this is a theory.. obvs

It all happened the same day.. 

- Wagstaff activated the portal.. left

- portal remained open

- someone else entered the room or was already in the room

- got trapped--- Winona tried to rescue him/her/it

- big tremmor... portal dmged

- winona repairs it... charlie traps her

- end

------

Comments?

No one told which one is Wagstaff, just community had own thinking. I never belived about "crazy scientist" with muscles, stereotypes rule in games. Also NO ONE TOLD that guy what is "eaten" by portal is Wagstaff. All was only community imagine. Guy from portal can be detective, Winona's friend, Wagstaff's collaborator, co-worker, seeker or whoever he wants.

Best thinking can be just co-worker. When we watching Winona's short, we can see all co-workers have yellow gloves. Also Winona was helpfull, friendly and determined. Why she just cant help common guy?!

Winona mentioned she has bossman

Divining Rod Holder- "Just like in the bossman's workshop."

Spoiler

Now, which kind of relationship they have? Are they close? I could argue that they at least are friends.. Otherwise why would Winona risk her life to jump into the unknown to rescue this character?”

Well real heroes doesn’t need a reason to save someone even if they don’t know him right?

so i am pretty sure it was Wagstaff.

I don't see any reason to doubt it's Wagstaff. One detail not adding up is miniscule compared to the rest of the evidence supporting him. I'm willing to overlook the glove until further notice. I have a sense they'll bring it up sometime, but it's not necessary for me to be convinced.

12 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

No one told which one is Wagstaff, just community had own thinking. I never belived about "crazy scientist" with muscles, stereotypes rule in games. Also NO ONE TOLD that guy what is "eaten" by portal is Wagstaff. All was only community imagine. Guy from portal can be detective, Winona's friend, Wagstaff's collaborator, co-worker, seeker or whoever he wants.

people were saying the mystery person was Wagstaff because of the outline of the hair.. and he was the only person we deducted was working on the portal

BUT the mystery character has curly hair 5cb99c7f6a1a7_misterycharacter.jpg.b5d6c3ac39584e4c016717c226d6af9f.jpg

and Wagstaff doesn't.. 20190419124317_1.thumb.jpg.f1d3bbf1a8e0e8d01b35ffe56b6bd62b.jpgtha't s why some people assumed Wagstaff was the curly hair character... but now we know that's not the case...

so can we really say there might be another person brought to the constant via the voxola portal? or is there enough evidence to say the character we saw in her video is Wagstaff?? I'm not really sure about that... I could have been another coworker... maybe even WX 

BTW, Wheeler doesn't have muscles.. so that argument doesn't hold.. she just has a bulky jacket

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

people were saying the mystery person was Wagstaff because of the outline of the hair..

the mystery character has curly hair but Wagstaff doesn't.. thta't s why some people assumed Wagstaff was the curly hair character...

BTW, Wheeler doesn't have muscles.. so that argument doesn't hold.. she just has a bulky jacket

Ah so you saw bulky jacket in outline? Interesting... I wrote about outline and Winona short, not characters.

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

people were saying the mystery person was Wagstaff because of the outline of the hair..

the mystery character has curly hair but Wagstaff doesn't.. thta't s why some people assumed Wagstaff was the curly hair character...

You cannot tell the kind of hair on the mystery character, the figure's outline is fluctuating too much to definitively make out any feature.

11 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

You cannot tell the kind of hair on the mystery character, the figure's outline is fluctuating too much to definitively make out any feature.

but I'm arguing with a missing glove too :p

8 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

by hair physics i meant that his hair got sucked into his back in the portal.

have you ever got your hair sucked in without it getting backwards?

even if that's true.. that character has the hair to one side .. if that was the case this was Wagstaff the outline would like more plain and also showing some points here and there and not so wavy like in the video... something like the lady's hair in the wind

4400888-6183051-image-a-36_1537379090740 

and then there is the glove that you so conveniently ignore

My guesses for the explanation of the glove:

• The glove will show up in an update with new sprite work for Wagstaff
  • A DS/Hamlet trailer will show us what happened to Wagstaff and what he did with the glove.
  • A quote about the glove will be added to Wagstaff's speech file.
  • Etc

These are way more likely to me than the idea that it is a different character.

13 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

My guesses for the explanation of the glove:

• The glove will show up in an update with new sprite work for Wagstaff
  • A DS/Hamlet trailer will show us what happened to Wagstaff and what he did with the glove.
  • A quote about the glove will be added to Wagstaff's speech file.
  • Etc

These are way more likely to me than the idea that it is a different character.

I think that there is a bit of a confussion here.. I'm not denying that Wagstaff used the Voxola portal to travel... that's pretty clear to me... 

I'm just implying that maybe there is ANOTHER character aside from Wagstaff and Winona that got trapped in the constant with the voxola portal... Maybe even WX??

Remember that Wagstaff wants to be in the Constant... why is he holding on to the frame of the door if that's Wagstaff?? He WANTS to go... Here a bit from the Hamlet roadmap by Jason

"and a mysterious inventor who finds himself exactly where he wanted to be"

If that was Wagstaff he would have let go from the minute the portal started to work and that's probably what happened... I think the other one is ANOTHER person that doesn't want to go there... maybe a person caught in the wrong place at the wrong time when Wagstaff activated the portal??

7 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Or maybe Wagstaff made an error with the portal and he realized it in the last second, it would explain why he is glitching out when he is low hp.

I assumed it was Wagstaff in the portal since it was his factory but it would make sense if it was someone else. 

It could still be Wagstaff that is in the portal and that Klei just made some kind of figure in the portal and didn't care how it looked like. Wagstaff could just have removed the other glove. One strange thing is that Wagstaff, unlike other characters appear to not be in the Constant the same way like the other characters, side effect of his portal because of an error he made and that Winona doesn't have the same effect because she was also taken by Charlie and in a way "protected" from the side effect? Or Winona fixed it(most likely without realising it)

Not sure what to think of the character in the portal. I think it is possible that it could be someone else who we may or may not see in the future.

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Or maybe Wagstaff made an error with the portal and he realized it in the last second, it would explain why he is glitching out when he is low hp.

I don't think that's the case... Wagstaff is super excited to be in the Constant... check his lines

20190419050521_1.thumb.jpg.e45faf53c531a9b25aa7bc9c4bdf29c8.jpg

20190419040248_1.thumb.jpg.eb3bdf52857ae1fb1de7075918082f3c.jpg

20190419141426_1.thumb.jpg.d3e03d7798de4ae19bef46e5a0e65db9.jpg

1 hour ago, ModsterMash said:

Ah, I see what you mean. I also considered that idea, but again there is not enough evidence for me. This is a very exciting argument, though!

1 hour ago, MrKoopa said:

Not sure what to think of the character in the portal. I think it is possible that it could be someone else who we may or may not see in the future.

yeap.. I mean I'm not 100% sure myself but there are some hits that it might be possible... we will see :)

most probably I'm wrong but it's an interesting question nonetheless

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

the problem is the fact thatit was said that he disappeared with the burning of the factory, unless there are two destroyed factories then how did he get abducted?

really? 

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

BIG DISCLAIMER HERE: I'm not implying Wagstaff didn't use the portal to travel to the Constant.. That's obvious to me.. I'm asking if there is maybe ANOTHER character that could have gotten caught by the Voxola portal after Wagstaff activated the portal... Maybe wrong place , wrong time kind of situation

I think that was clear

10 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Seems like kind of a cop out to just say it’s just some other random guy who wandered in as the portal activated. I doubt klei would do something like that.

ok.. then answer this... 

we know Wagstaff built WX already from the quotes...

How did WX got from Wagstaff's office to the Constant??... and then tell me there is absolute zero chance any other character couldn't have been there...

Archived