Iron Hulk has hardly any payoff

The Iron Hulk is one of the most unique boss fights in DS. It's quite intense, and requires the very large and time consuming investment of gathering 6 (if I remember) parts of the Iron Hulk in one place. Depending on how lucky your world gen is, luring them and gathering them all in one place can take entire days.

And what does the Iron Hulk drop for all the effort? Iron and a handful of gears. The payoff for such a prolonged and time consuming endeavor are some items you can get plenty of in the time it took you to build and kill the boss. The Iron Hulk is honestly better as a glorified rock and flint machine; the basalt eruptions it creates are far more fruitful than what the boss actually drops.

46 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

The Iron Hulk is one of the most unique boss fights in DS. It's quite intense, and requires the very large and time consuming investment of gathering 6 (if I remember) parts of the Iron Hulk in one place. Depending on how lucky your world gen is, luring them and gathering them all in one place can take entire days.

And what does the Iron Hulk drop for all the effort? Iron and a handful of gears. The payoff for such a prolonged and time consuming endeavor are some items you can get plenty of in the time it took you to build and kill the boss. The Iron Hulk is honestly better as a glorified rock and flint machine; the basalt eruptions it creates are far more fruitful than what the boss actually drops.

I agree that the loot should be a bit better BUT i don't think moving them is that hard... you can use the telelocator..

we can get purple gems pretty easily in the fifth island..

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I agree that the loot should be a bit better BUT i don't think moving them is that hard... you can use the telelocator..

This is actually pretty smart.
It's easier with Waggy too, just telelocate the robots, and then use the brella on yourself.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

its a fun fight if that means anything I hope they do something about the spin attack though its too laggy for me to dodge

but loot would be fun if they added a item that let you teleport or shoot lasers that would be cool.

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact most "boss" monsters started their lives with little to no loot in Hamlet. Even the Ancient "HERALD" (not guardian cuz I'm a dummy sometimes :p ) didn't get loot until this recent beta branch. So don't count it as "non-rewarding" just yet imo.

Archived