Selling half wort seed

You should be able to plant it as a regular wort seed from what I remember, perhaps your plant pot has been assigned another wort seed.

I've had partial seeds before and planted as per the usual whole seeds.

5 hours ago, Craigjw said:

You should be able to plant it as a regular wort seed from what I remember, perhaps your plant pot has been assigned another wort seed.

I've had partial seeds before and planted as per the usual whole seeds.

Can you perhaps share a picture of that? I certainly have been in the OPs position before with partial seeds being unable to do anything with them.

I think the bug kind of exist with  producing Glass.   For some odd reason,  I have 200kg showing up in the inventory side bar and storage.  BUT  the when trying to make solar panel,  it won't accept the 200kg.     I had to go up to 225kg  to make the solar panel.  and the 25kg remaining seems to be a lesser about than 25kg  (but its rounded up).

22 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Can you perhaps share a picture of that? I certainly have been in the OPs position before with partial seeds being unable to do anything with them.

I don't have a SS unfortunately, I just remember the incident, it was caused by a seed being stored in a compressed storage.  Ever since, I just immediately planted every seed that I found.  I'm pretty sure that I just tried repeatedly planting it or something, perhaps by re-storing it and trying again to plant it.

6 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

I don't have a SS unfortunately, I just remember the incident, it was caused by a seed being stored in a compressed storage.  Ever since, I just immediately planted every seed that I found.  I'm pretty sure that I just tried repeatedly planting it or something, perhaps by re-storing it and trying again to plant it.

Is it not more likely that you found another seed instead? Especially with wheeze wort seeds this can happen without you noticing because they can be buried in tiles in an ice biome and become uncovered by themselves if they're in a ice or snow tile that melts.

No.  Every seed was sacred.  The wort seed was stored in a particular container in my main base, the only container that stored wort seeds, which I then micro-managed the seed until it worked.  That seed was not escaping my attention.

8 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

No.  Every seed was sacred.  The wort seed was stored in a particular container in my main base, the only container that stored wort seeds, which I then micro-managed the seed until it worked.  That seed was not escaping my attention.

I'm not (categorically) saying that you're wrong but I've just never seen what you describe happen, whereas I have seen the opposite happen loads of times. So it would be nice to see a case of a partial seed being able to be planted. At least so we can figure out how it happened.

19 hours ago, Saturnus said:
19 hours ago, Craigjw said:

I'm not (categorically) saying that you're wrong but I've just never seen what you describe happen,

I can confirm:Only one compactor set to store wort seeds still ended up with a partial wort seed.

=> I was able to grow a full wort seed by planting my partial seed and uprooting the plant.

(Not sure if it matters  but it was >0,6 of a wort seed.)

Archived