New job system *feature*

Here's something I did not expect.

I have two dupes. Both have 2 skill points total. Both have the same skills (Improved Carrying and Advanced Research). One of them requires 1 morale. The other requires 2.

The only difference is that one of these dupes has a heart next to the research skill and the other does not. So, a few options here:

• Favorite skills reduce morale requirements. That would make sense and it would also affect skill-related decisions, which is a Good Thing(tm).
  • It's a Yet Another Bug(tm). It will be fixed eventually and we'll be ignoring favorite skills like we've been doing it all this time.

Edit: doesn't seem to be a bug. Morale requirement for favorite skills is reduced by 1: tier 1 skills become free, tier 2 skills require 1 morale instead of 2 and so on.

1 hour ago, M.C. said:

Edit: doesn't seem to be a bug. Morale requirement for favorite skills is reduced by 1: tier 1 skills become free, tier 2 skills require 1 morale instead of 2 and so on.

Was delving into the code (so I can reverse the morale changes on my copy of the game) and yeah, seems pretty much intentional.

On the other hand, the game not taking it into account when previewing the morale changes from teaching new skills to dupes does seem like a bug.

1 hour ago, M.C. said:

That would explain why I was seeing different morale results across my 5 dupes. 

1 hour ago, DarkWalker said:

Was delving into the code (so I can reverse the morale changes on my copy of the game) and yeah, seems pretty much intentional.

On the other hand, the game not taking it into account when previewing the morale changes from teaching new skills to dupes does seem like a bug.

Right. That one is definitely a bug.

12 hours ago, M.C. said:

and we'll be ignoring favorite skills like we've been doing it all this time.

Damn, why am I always getting excluded?! I also want to be part of something:wilson_cry: 

*plays the third movement of the moonlight sonata on the smallest piano of the world*

Seriously thou', having this sure makes it more appealing to make dupes do their favored jobs, albeit the increased experience gain might have been a bigger boon (Exosuit training always was my bane for taking so ultra damn long), this one seems more apparent and it is not like one can get all Moral increases covered early.

In my old colony none of my dupes show hearts for any of the professions. I was looking for that before assigning them and cant see the info anywhere.

Are they conspiring for a strike or this is because the save started before the update?

None seem to like anything and also I can't see their interests even in their personal info panel anywhere.

Anyone else experiencing this?

17 hours ago, M.C. said:

That explains things. Also makes dupe selection more interesting. Thanks!

They should indicate some sort of  -1 morale for Interest Traits  - this way, the expected morale is reflected so you don't have to calculate it in your head.   But then again getting less than what is expected is better than nothing.

I did notice one other difference,   before it used to be you can't take a job if your dupe refuses to do a job (via  negative traits like gastrophia, or unconstructive, or can'tdig_phobia.)    apparently you can pick skill +2 in cooking even when you have gastrophia.

The only exception to this rule, is the Yokel research.   Which I'm okay with being able to pick that skill because +Learning applies to rate of leveling skill points in general.    

The only thing that could be done is get rid of the Learning bonus that applies to skill XP gains.  and change the word Learning to Research.   Then I guess that's okay.

Archived