Jump to content

Hamlet pond findings with SW mechanics


Recommended Posts

Given that merged crafting now exists, I took it upon myself to do some investigation into how Hamlet's ponds interact with SW water-specific items and structures. Here's what I found:

-Mussel Beds and Seaweed Stalks cannot be planted, Coral reefs and Sea walls can.

-As Lily Pads are just reskinned Ponds, firing a Boat Cannon at them will do the glitch where the Coconades don't explode and act as a permanent light source.

-All "structures" which can be placed at sea in SW can be placed in ponds (Ballphin Palaces, Buoyant Chimineas, Buoys, Ship Yards, Tar Extractors, Fish Farms, etc).

-Despite the Quacken Drill not being able to be used on the water, the Tar Extractor can still be built on it, and it will produce tar without the need of a slick (possibly a bug?)

-Fish Farms produce the same fish as in SW, and Roe can be gotten for them within Hamlet itself, as Roe is in the trawling loot table.

-Trawling works, though it seems all seasons have the same loot table as SW's shallow water in Mild Season (the only exception is that all "Fish" spawned will be the Hamlet-specific carp fish, though this has no difference beyond cosmetic). Notably, mobs (Jellyfish and Wobsters) can be spawned in through trawling.

-Trawl Nets can retrieve sunken totems and idols.

Anyone found any other pond things using SW mechanics?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upon closer inspection, it seems that Tar Extractors in general are either changed or bugged. Even in SW they do not need to be placed near slicks and will still produce tar.

8 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Can you put live wobsters and jellyfish in the pond? What about bioluminescence?

Yes, yes, and yes. You can also put Rainbow Jellyfish (without the game instantly crashing now). Not Dogfish though, as there is no way to get a living Dogfish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Upon closer inspection, it seems that Tar Extractors in general are either changed or bugged. Even in SW they do not need to be placed near slicks and will still produce tar.

I think this is a bug with geometric placement? I don't know if that was ever fixed, but I'm still unable to place tar extractors away from oil slicks in my game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NotStarved said:

This was available before the recent update, but now rainbow jellyfish don't crash the game

And I see you have bioluminescence in the pond too! That is great for those of us who like to build seaside-resort-style bases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

And I see you have bioluminescence in the pond too! That is great for those of us who like to build seaside-resort-style bases.

I'm gonna fill my hamlet pond now with everything. seaside style bases in rog and hamlet? yes please.

Shipwrecked was my favorite and now i can just bring it all in and im just so happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NotStarved said:

I'm gonna fill my hamlet pond now with everything. seaside style bases in rog and hamlet? yes please.

Shipwrecked was my favorite and now i can just bring it all in and im just so happy.

The only problem is that Mosquitoes hate everything. It's also a shame we can't bring SW's sand turf over. Guess Desert turf will have to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

The only problem is that Mosquitoes hate everything. It's also a shame we can't bring SW's sand turf over. Guess Desert turf will have to do.

Yeah the mosquitos are a pain but at least the ballphins kill them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a world where a sunken relic generated within a pitchfork tile of the edge a lilly pond that borders a wilds biome, so i can infinitely farm pikos from the tea trees because those annoying little guys will get suck a the edge of the pond trying to get the relic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, G-Forces said:

I have a world where a sunken relic generated within a pitchfork tile of the edge a lilly pond that borders a wilds biome, so i can infinitely farm pikos from the tea trees because those annoying little guys will get suck a the edge of the pond trying to get the relic.

I had a moleworm who actually stole the relic xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...