Do Rock Lobsters Still Overpopulate?

I recently reported a bug about Rock Lobster overpopulation in the bug section, but that was before I realized that the world that had the issue was a REALLY old world that I still have for some reason. I know that there was a patch quite a while ago (before Hamlet) stating that Rock Lobsters not only have a cap on how many can be in one world, but that they also head for the nearest Rocky Biome once they are brought to the surface. I want to bring some up to the surface for Giant defense, and there just happens to be a Rocky Biome right next to my base. But I have heard that some people still have issues with overpopulation. I don't want my world ruined because I brought Rock Lobsters to the surface. Do they actually head for Rocky Biomes? Will there actually be a cap on the number? Or was it just another patch that didn't do what it said?

I brought one up for couple of days, it just roamed around my base for 3 days and then fell as sleep for 2 days after that I haven't played yet.

The nearest rocky biome is 2 biomes away so maybe its not going there as its not near enough.

as for the cap I can't confirm yet.

14 hours ago, TimothyCarter said:

How did you bring them to Hamlet, can friends travel via the Sky/Seaworthy?

Yes, all you have to do is make sure hey are allied (feed them more than one rock, the timing stacks) and then hop onto the skyworthy. the same works in shipwrecked.

11 minutes ago, NotStarved said:

Yes, all you have to do is make sure hey are allied (feed them more than one rock, the timing stacks) and then hop onto the skyworthy. the same works in shipwrecked.

That means you can bring Pigs, Bunnymen and even an ENTIRE HORDE of SPIDERS with you and bring down the regime of Queen Malfalfa!!!

(also can allied Royal Guards also go around with you on worthies?)

Just now, MWY said:

That means you can bring Pigs, Bunnymen and even an ENTIRE HORDE of SPIDERS with you and bring down the regime of Queen Malfalfa!!!

I'm not entirely sure if it will work for all of those mobs, but i want to try it with broken clockworks. I also don't know that either, but now i'm going to try!

1 hour ago, NotStarved said:

I just tested the royal guard thing, and no you cannot bring them over from hamlet to rog or shipwrecked. dang.

probably the same method used to prevent bringing any part of the Pig City or it inhabitants to any other world.

.....at least we can bring pogs...

2 hours ago, NotStarved said:

I just tested the royal guard thing, and no you cannot bring them over from hamlet to rog or shipwrecked. dang.

Can you bring broken clockworks? Because rooks would actually be so useful as wormwood, moreso than hippos, since the rooks can be made aggressive by default. Or just useful in general, like hell, bring that thing into the jungle and let it farm snaptooths.

Also time to bring primeapes into the world and ruin everything.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Can you bring broken clockworks? Because rooks would actually be so useful as wormwood, moreso than hippos, since the rooks can be made aggressive by default. Or just useful in general, like hell, bring that thing into the jungle and let it farm snaptooths.

I can definitely check that out for you. My first thought was to have a snaptooth bishop farm, just wall in the bishop and have the snaptooths planted far away, maybe in another walled off area.

39 minutes ago, NotStarved said:

I can definitely check that out for you. My first thought was to have a snaptooth bishop farm, just wall in the bishop and have the snaptooths planted far away, maybe in another walled off area.

An automated farm like that would be cool, but can't you just wall off some meat and have at them since they won't retaliate?

1 minute ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

An automated farm like that would be cool, but can't you just wall off some meat and have at them since they won't retaliate?

You could but i believe the planted variant would retaliate, unless im wrong and they stay glued to the food.

Hypothetical question: If I were to dig up some Cave Rock Turf (the kind that Rock Lobsters stay near) and place it down in Hamlet, would all of the Lobsters stay near the small area? Oh, and also;

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I have managed to become quite immortal in my current Wigfrid run. I have LITERALLY 23 Clockwork Bishops that I befriended in the Ruins. Any time I need to kill something, I just release the Bishops. If the Bishops are attacking a boss (like Bearger) and I see that one of them is about to be attacked, I attack the boss myself to distract it. That way, neither myself nor the Bishops take any damage. Now I have my very own Clockwork army that tears down anything in its path!

7 hours ago, MWY said:

Phhht, You need an army to do that? I just sent her and the mayor straight to the Gulag and went from there.

I made a Rock Lobster pen, but the Lobsters just keep running against the walls trying to return to their original spot. Will that stop? Because they just keep running into the wall, and they won't reproduce. Is there any way to "move" the herd to the pen?

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I made a Rock Lobster pen, but the Lobsters just keep running against the walls trying to return to their original spot. Will that stop? Because they just keep running into the wall, and they won't reproduce. Is there any way to "move" the herd to the pen?

If I recall Rock Lobsters are too heavy to push around...is there any way to move a herd home other than pushing?

21 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

If I recall Rock Lobsters are too heavy to push around...is there any way to move a herd home other than pushing?

You can befriend them again and wait until their friendliness wears off.

@MWY We got our wish, we can now build pig cities in other worlds! yay!!

Archived