Is there anyway to control where water is pumped from

Dupes will use the pump closest to the super computer. So the only way I can think of is to relocate your super computer next to the germy water.

Edit: However this won't prevent dupes from using the germy water for food. So you might need to to relocate and isolate food production as well.

55 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

I believe it actually works out so that they will use the resource closest to them (or shortest total path?) at the moment they decide to take on the supply errand, so it will not be assured even for the computer.

I base this on creating igneous tempshift plates inside a volcano room to reset temp to 45c, but unless already locked in the room they will bring rocks in from the outside at first.

This to a certain extent, when all other things are equal.

You can also enable\disable pitcher pumps and change the priorities.  Pathing can also be modified with doors.

Even if they keep the water separate, the dupes will still get covered in germs

So if a dupe loads a super computer with germy water and then pick up a bottle of clean water, they will still spread germs to whatever your dupe delivers the clean water to, (food or water cooler) making the whole process pointless

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

Even if they keep the water separate, the dupes will still get covered in germs

To prevent that there needs to be a sink before the clean water pump so that dupes wash their hands before touching those.

6 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

To prevent that there needs to be a sink before the clean water pump so that dupes wash their hands before touching those.

That's assuming the dupe went straight to the clean water pump after delivering the germy water

What if they went to deliver materials or crops first.  What if they eat during downtime before using the bathroom.

There are so many risks that can happen

Just now, Neotuck said:

That's assuming the dupe went straight to the clean water pump after delivering the germy water

What if they went to deliver materials or crops first.  What if they eat during downtime before using the bathroom.

There are so many risks that can happen

Actually, as long as the germy eater's just for the super computer, it should be manageable.

Just now, Neotuck said:

What if they eat during downtime before using the bathroom.

Then put sinks before the mess hall so they wash their hands before eating.

I know it`s a lot of sinks but maybe there are possible layouts with sinks in the middle where dupes alwyas pass by before touching stuff that shouldn`t be germed.

1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

Then put sinks before the mess hall so they wash their hands before eating.

I know it`s a lot of sinks but maybe there are possible layouts with sinks in the middle where dupes alwyas pass by before touching stuff that shouldn`t be germed.

Or just nip it in the bud by sterilizing water at the source

A lot of sinks use a lot of water.  Unless you have extra water sources this might not be an option for everyone

4 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Actually, as long as the germy eater's just for the super computer, it should be manageable.

True, also depends on what your immunity is set to

Archived