I've just noticed something about a Winona quote...

Sup everyone !

As we all know, the Winona refresh is here and she have some really cool new stuff, her catapult is freakin' insane and that spotlight is just so funny !

I like the new Winona, the balancing is great, building stuff is now a tricky job... so you better let your Wilson buddy build the tons of ropes if you don't want to consume all the meatballs of the group... anyway :wilsondisapproving: It's neat !

BUT, even if Winona's machines are cool, one problem remains: YOU NEED THE POWER !

We can afford nitres or gems, it's not a problem, but imagine if you want to light a road in night with the spotlights, you'll first need to feed the generators

(each damn generator)

AND next enjoy it... for a day ? I feel like the new machines are only usable on a main base and not in next door farm.

So what do we have ? A nitre generator than last a day (if you only use a single machine on it) and the gem one than is kinda more expensive in ressource for a better length and the same range... To me the problem is than both need to be powered by a player

Don't you think we should have a natural generator ?

Spoiler

0screen.jpg.185bbe51d4419baa4e00a339b2b06df8.jpgI'm so sorry for this joke

But there is one actually in the game, and Winona is somehow aware of it...

here it is :

20190309171427_1.jpg.d83ccbf0be66f2a1e875b6522c577c91.jpg

I'm not sure if someone already had the idea of using the lightning stored in lightning rod to power up the Winona's machine but when you see this quote, it seems so logic than it may works ^^

So I don't know if that is a suggestion or anything but I wanted to share you my point of view about that stuff, enjoy the game !

That would actually be pretty neat if the lightning rod could be harnessed for electricity. That's free power in spring, and wicker could generate quite a lot. Could make a base spotlight actually somewhat realistic, although the spotlight could use some work...

1 minute ago, Tumalu said:

That would actually be pretty neat if the lightning rod could be harnessed for electricity. That's free power in spring, and wicker could generate quite a lot. Could make a base spotlight actually somewhat realistic, although the spotlight could use some work...

So true !! I've not even thinked about Wicker books o_o

Yeah this was the main problem I had with Winona's refresh. Being able to build your own generators and catapults is great and all, but I really wish the generators were able to power other machines not exclusive to Winona, and other power sources to power Winona's machines as well. The route they've taken is a tad flat, I hope they alter it in the future.

10 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

Maybe having something Winona can craft that can be added to a lightning rod that makes it so that you could use it for power that maybe lasts longer and breaks after a while?

Yeah just like the frazzled wires on the generators and machines, that's fine !

Who knows, maybe even the ability to make wiring that would extend the range of a generator, not taking up too much space, or conductive flooring that would increase walk speed and conduct electricity (Make for a WX charger or on ground wiring) allowing for essentially infinite range on generators.

Oh yeah.  Don't Starve has always had a bit of a steampunk touch, anyway.  Let's make it official!  (and make generators more practical)

I mean...then there's all the pieces of the big robot thing in Hamlet*, that gets activated by tons of lightning.    There are _already electrical powered devices in this universe_ (in general). So...I see no problem with harnessing the lightning rod.

Also like I said earlier (somewhere), then I'd have a legit new chapter for my Civilization Challenge:  The Age of Electricity!  :)

...Notorious

*"the big robot thing" because I am terrible at names.  Also at Hamlet.

5c87edac1e4a6_electricalexpansionwhen.png.f7c93f6b1dd159b436cad3b942f23b78.png

Yea, way ahead of you, haha.
If I had a reasonable amount of time off and the electrical code wasn't a downright convoluted hurdle added to the pile, this might actually go somewhere...
Already got quotes down, mechanics mostly figured out, and desired appearance decided on. Really the remaining roadblocks are relearning the/learning new code and...trying to remember how Spriter interacts with this game in general.

Archived