Remove Unimportant Pillars from the Calendar's Ruin?

I just had my first journey trying to find the calendar and it definitely wasn't fun to simply mine the pillars. Wouldn't it be better game design if the player was forced to use gunpowder (or anything that explodes) and magnifying glass? 

This. So much this. This would actually make it more challenging to find the clock or any secret room- first of all more rewarding, there's actually a reason to use the magnifying glass because you don't want to use it on a fake door. and it just makes more sense. Using the pillars for that sort of stuff just ruins (pun intended) the mechanic of using a magnifying glass at all on them, or even explosives.

And it wont be as much as a breeze to find the clock the first time because you gotta spare up those resources for gunpowder, cocobombs and whatnot.

15 hours ago, Jimmota said:

I just had my first journey trying to find the calendar and it definitely wasn't fun to simply mine the pillars. Wouldn't it be better game design if the player was forced to use gunpowder (or anything that explodes) and magnifying glass? 

I think you mean remove the fact that they open suspicious cracks removing them in general would suck.

25 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

I think you mean remove the fact that they open suspicious cracks removing them in general would suck.

Yea, i think it's a better choice.

1 hour ago, Osbalop said:

Nitre is really limited in Hamlet though

That's true. Maybe they could make the Banker to refill the shelf and raise the price to like 5-10 oincs.

You could just buy Coconades from the Hunter shop instead of crafting Gunpowder. Nitre is almost non existant in Hamlet, save mining the very few boulders in the Cultivated biome or mining Stalagmites and Unimportant Pillars.

On 28/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, Osbalop said:

Nitre is really limited in Hamlet though

you can make a bank, kill the banker, steal all the items, exit the bank, hammer the bank, for unlimited free nitre. (if you steal the items, you get enough materials to rebuild the bank)

you just need to be good at kiting

2 hours ago, metallichydra said:

you can make a bank, kill the banker, steal all the items, exit the bank, hammer the bank, for unlimited free nitre. (if you steal the items, you get enough materials to rebuild the bank)

you just need to be good at kiting

Or, here is an even better idea:  make the shop owners restock the items on shelves. I'm really not sure how the devs didn't realize this from the start...

Archived