Deodorizers as primary oxygen source?

I was informed recently that PWater in bottles produces a lot of POxygen, and oh boy, do they produce a lot of POxygen. A single 5-ton bottle will offgas enough pOxygen for a dupe.

Getting enough of the bottles is easy enough: build liquid reservoirs and deconstruct it to leave a 5 ton bottle on the ground. Add lots of deodorizers in the area, and you will have a plentiful supply of clay and oxygen.

With ceramic being the best rock buildable material by far, I think this is a solution with lots of upsides and little downside.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, lee1026 said:

I was informed recently that PWater in bottles produces a lot of POxygen, and oh boy, do they produce a lot of POxygen. A single 5-ton bottle will offgas enough pOxygen for a dupe.

Getting enough of the bottles is easy enough: build liquid reservoirs and deconstruct it to leave a 5 ton bottle on the ground. Add lots of deodorizers in the area, and you will have a plentiful supply of clay and oxygen.

With ceramic being the best rock buildable material by far, I think this is a solution with lots of upsides and little downside.

Thoughts?

There's already several threads on o2 systems based on the pw from terrariums. You should take a look at those.

2 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

how are those two used together? 

Well the point I'm making is it is a mistake to think you will get more oxygen by letting slime and polluted water convert into polluted oxygen.  Because you only get 90 grams of oxygen per 100 grams of polluted oxygen.  While the polluted water can be sieved and converted into 89% oxygen with an elecrtolyzer while 550 grams of algae make 500 grams of oxygen with a deoxidizer or even more with a terrarium.

Polluted water is the highest out-gasser/sublimator of polluted oxygen per unit of mass - though output rate steadily decreases over time for untouched bottles not being replenished. Slime is a steady rate emitter of polluted oxygen ( 30g/s though the game says otherwise, debug measurements were made to determine that ) - regardless of mass. Algae distillers are the better way to deal with unwanted slime - it's just faster processing if you're willing to put up with the side effects. The output is probably more useful than just PO2 in slime's case.

Not mentioning germs here as there are many ways of dealing with that issue. Converting PO2 into O2 is a only a post processing step that some people take when needing to deal with said germs or needing to have a supply of clean clay in the instance of converting germ free polluted oxygen.

14 hours ago, MustardWarrior said:

Just so you know when converting polluted oxygen to oxygen you only get 90 grams of oxygen for 100 grams of polluted oxygen so it's not actually anymore efficient that algae and water so it seems pointless to not do the algae distiller and electrolyzer.

Actually, if you built those bottles up by using the algae terrarium, especially under lights, then it comes out to much more efficient than an electrolyzer.  I see in your next post you addressed that.  Anyway, while its true that the deoderizer reduces the oxygen by 10% while cleaning it, you have to remember that a bottle of polluted water will, eventually, off-gas completely to polluted oxygen at a 1:1 ratio.  So essentially if you use deoderizers, you're at 90% efficiency while with an electrolyzer you're at 88%.  If you use terrariums to fill the bottles, then any time the terrariums are operating increases the efficiency dramatically.  Even without a light, the terrarium produces 40g/s of oxygen for every 9.66g of water -- basically 4 times more efficient use of water. 

10 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Not mentioning germs here as there are many ways of dealing with that issue. Converting PO2 into O2 is a only a post processing step that some people take when needing to deal with said germs or needing to have a supply of clean clay in the instance of converting germ free polluted oxygen.

If you're going to produce oxygen by off-gassing polluted water or slime, the germs need to be dealt with in one way or another.  If you get your water by algae terrarium, then it doesn't have germs to start with -- however letting PO2 build up in your base is a bad idea.  The first time one of your dupes accidentally brings slimelung germs in, they'll spread like wildfire through the PO2.  So using a deoderizer to turn it into clean oxygen is definitely necessary, whether or not you're needing a supply of clay.

25 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

If you get your water by algae terrarium, then it doesn't have germs to start with

What about using algae infected with slimelung?

I know the slimelung will transfer to the O2 but will it also transfer to the PW like it does with distillers? 

I haven't tested so I'm asking if you have

I should have quoted what my comment was directed at - the post directly above my own.

As I mostly follow the other threads regard the topic at hand and already know about efficiency.

Just for informational purposes - germs will transfer when sublimating.

Germy algae will produce germy output oxygen in distillery, terrarrium, oxidizer. Don't know about the polluted water output of terrarium. I haven't done that test.

On 19/2/2019 at 6:24 PM, Neotuck said:

What about using algae infected with slimelung?

I know the slimelung will transfer to the O2 but will it also transfer to the PW like it does with distillers? 

I haven't tested so I'm asking if you have

Yes, it does.

algae.jpg.1cd5a5f356ea980ac1167c3d2b159c83.jpg

I've seen this happen in my base where the terrariums are serviced by autosweepers. I had a band of slimelung infected o2 above and to the sides of the deodorizers. It didn't last long tho: slimelung dies in PW and, if the bottle becomes big enough, germs will start dying off due to underpopulation.

Also, I've seen a duplicant with food poisoning on his hands put slimelung infected algae inside the terrarium, removing the slimelung germs and replacing them with food poisoning germs. That was superbad, since it resulted in a 3t bottle of poisoned pwater.

Archived