I present you, the ultimate don't starve singleplayer tierlist!

Seero

48 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

I shouldn't have to read through four pages of petty arguments following the same formula of "WHA-- WHY WIGFRID F?" "REASONS" "I DISAGREE BECAUSE REASONS" to get to the reasoning behind the ranks on a tier list, it should be included in the first post, not "upon request."

If you aren't willing to read and participate into the thread at all, don't ask for an answer that's already there. Especially since there a lot of people that had legitimate responses and arguments just above your original post. And those people did read the thread.

1 hour ago, Ressayez said:

I shouldn't have to read through four pages of petty arguments following the same formula of "WHA-- WHY WIGFRID F?" "REASONS" "I DISAGREE BECAUSE REASONS" to get to the reasoning behind the ranks on a tier list, it should be included in the first post, not "upon request."

if you want to have a debate then you should read through what has already been said regardless of whether it "should have been already included" or not. it would have strengthened your argument by letting you take into consideration what has already been discussed and negotiated about the character. not going to lie, that comment makes you look like an ass, since you act as if wigfrid's F tier rating had no thought put into, even though you have absolutely no proof of such a thing happening if you hadnt A: looked into the minds of the tier list creator while they were thinking up the tier list or B: freaking read through the arguments that had taken hold before making your comment.

That said, as far as i'm concerned, wigfrid is F tier because of her inability to drink coffee and how little her buffs can matter compared to other characters, as a result. Her vampirism and attack buff is good, but being able to get a billion more hits in with coffee, is better, and very very possibly makes up for such attack buffs.

"AHHHH MY MAIN ISNT S TIER THIS LIST SUCKS REEEEEEE"

It's almost like people can have differing opinions on the subject. Just play who you want and have fun. I'm not saying balance isn't important, but at the end of the day enjoy the game however you like, and don't let someone else's opinion impact that. Anyways good work Skkiro.

3 hours ago, lbphero said:

snip

I don't want to debate, all I'm saying is that a thread titled "the ultimate don't starve tier list" that's claiming to be informative ought to have some actual information on the first post in the thread instead of some unintuitive rankings and four (now five) pages of people arguing. I like reading up on different people's views and usage of the many characters, but I also like not needing to sift through pages of paragraphs to find out why a person thinks a character is good or bad. This person's reasoning behind the rankings shouldn't be upon request, it should be a prerequisite for a tier list like this one.

7 hours ago, Ressayez said:

shouldn't have to read through four pages of petty arguments following the same formula of "WHA-- WHY WIGFRID F?" "REASONS" "I DISAGREE BECAUSE REASONS" to get to the reasoning behind the ranks on a tier list, it should be included in the first post, not "upon request."

Well, tiered rankings ARE inherently stupid and essentially just an excuse for people to argue about nothing for pages and pages, so I think if you read a thread like this at all, you know what you’re getting into and can’t really complain about it wasting your time.

I gotta agree. if you're going to make a somewhat-serious tier list, you should definitly give atleast some reasoning behind the changes. That being said, allow me to explain why Wigfrid belongs in atleast C tier.

For context, when I first started playing I was a Wigfrid main, went on hiatus, came back, and recently started playing Wigfrid again and am loving it. I Also have a tendancy to over-research... everything, so that might be worth noting.

Anyways, for starters, let's double check Wigfrid's perks 

-deals 25% more damage and takes 25% less damage

-Starts with a battle spear, battle helm, and 4 meat

-can craft her exclusive items

-gains health and sanity by killing monsters

-only eats meat.

The first stat is fairly self-explanatory. she deals bonus damage and has an effective health of 250. not quite on par as Wolfgang, but this is constant as opposed to being hunger-based. This allows her to heal less, as she kills enemies faster and takes less damage from them

Her battle spear and battle helm are also great assets. while the spear it's the best weapon, it's cheap and easy to obtain, and the battle helm is pretty much a straight upgrade from the football helmet that is cheaper and more durable with the exact same stats (both have 80% resistance and 20% wetness protection, but the Battle helm has 750 durability compared to the Football helmet's 450)

Gaining health by killing monsters is also a large benefit, as it essentially turns weak or easy to kite mobs into walking health packs. batalisks in particular reliably spawn and are able to be 1 shot with the Battle spear. Though gaining sanity is arguably a downside, as it prevents you from farming nightmare fuel effectively due to being able to instantly go sane.

Now the thing that most people cite when calling wigfrid a "bad character" is her only eating meat. and to this I say, it's just not.

Early game, while this can make exploration a bit harder, Meat is, quite litterally, everywhere

-tallbirds drop 2

-Lone pig can give meat

-Frogs give meat

-catcoons give large meat

-Moleworms are easy to farm and give meat

-Hunts, while posing the risk for a Varg, Give tons of meat, and the trunk also heals a good chunk

-Spiders are an excellent source of monster meat, which can be eaten as emergency rations, or fed to pigs to convert it into 2 meat and a skin

so yeah, meat is pretty much everywhere. Infact, in my new DST world (and I know this is a singleplayer tier list, but there shouldn't really be any changes in this regard) I was able to get over a dozen meat by day 2, and about 16 more meat by day 6. so yeah, meat is not an issue early game.

"mid"-late game is a bit more interesting Food is easier, as you have access to croc pots for meatballs, which allows you to get infinite food from spider farms, which are fairly easy to set up.

Other than that, in caves she's at a slight disadvantage due to bunnymen, but she can jsut keep food in Chester, Nettle rolls are a bit of an issue, but she can wear a gas mask to negate hay feaver. Coffee is admitedly a pretty big one, but she stil has acsess to Purple groupers and Pierrat fish, which are able to give her a slightly weaker version of Coffee's effects, which does increase her kiting ability. Green mushrooms are a bit annoying due to the loss of easy sanity managment, however, she can still just spam wormholes for easy insanity. and as for healing, she doesn't really loose out... at all. She notably looses out on Mandrake foods, Waffles, dragon pie, and trail mix.   Trailmix is cheap for other characters, but Wigfrid can just kill spiders and bats early on for heals, Waffles need butter, which time consuming to farm, Dragon pie is arguably already worthless, I've een hearing some people say, and even with all of that, Wig still has plenty of alternatives that are just as good, such as bisque, Lobster bisque, Pierogies, Surf&turf, fish sticks, Koalafant trunk steaks, and seafood gumbo. 

TL;DR while technically overshadowed, Wigfrid's perks are still useful, and her downside is negligible at best, and inconvenient at worst.

16 hours ago, Atsumame said:

The best part is that the reasoning was explained in this thread. But instead of actually reading the thread you opted for snarky remarks and maymays. Congrats.

that's the curse of edgy rick's tierlists.

8 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Well, tiered rankings ARE inherently stupid and essentially just an excuse for people to argue about nothing for pages and pages, so I think if you read a thread like this at all, you know what you’re getting into and can’t really complain about it wasting your time.

Well hey, I mean, fair enough.

Archived