A thread dedicated to Weevole carapaces.

Seero

Now after a certain number of days you start to realized the annoyance of huge grass fields, there laggy, annoying and are the only way Weevoles can spawn.

This kinda creates a slight issue on how you want to get rid of the grass but can't cause of weevoles, they will become un-spawnable then and there would be no way to other then c_spawn("weevole"). The reason i bring this up because of there item that they drop; Weevole carapace. 

This item is actually pretty useless, There are less uses for this item then they are for stingers. There is some potential here. Theres alot of things to be made with this bug shell. Things such as a full plated armor or helmet, a direct upgrade from the weevole mantle. (that armor is only partially plated) Or maybe combine chitin and weevole carapaces to create another armor set or maybe even weapons, heck structures are possible too maybe barricades? Of course this is all kinda far fetched but i feel like theres gotta be more uses for those two items especially, Here are my thoughts on making them renewable

A new structure can be crafted, Weevole Hills there basically slightly larger then your typical ant hills and they spawn a few weevoles at night.

this can go about too ways, they naturally generate in your world or weevoles still spawn from tall grass fields, but you can use there carapaces and another item to craft there homes, essentially farm them in a way

Essentially, this entire idea is to make the whole concept of bugs and there shells have more uses and be cooler, renewable Etc.

Edit: Most of this stuff is redundant, because i didn't know you can relocate tall grass, sorry

1 minute ago, metallichydra said:

if you cut tall grass with shears, there's a slight chance that weevoles will spawn, no matter how much tall grass there is.

i think

i once had like 10 - 20 tall grass, and i cut it, and weevoles spawned

Yeah but you can't relocate that grass, another thing i forgot to mention its placed there and cannot be moved making them pretty unrenewable in the process

Just now, Averagewx78main said:

Yeah but you can't relocate that grass, another thing i forgot to mention its placed there and cannot be moved making them pretty unrenewable in the process

you can … just be sure to plant it on wild turf

grass and tall grass are the same thing, when planted, if they're planted on wild turf, they become tall grass, and if planted on civilized turf, they become normal grass

3 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

grass and tall grass are the same thing, when planted, if they're planted on wild turf, they become tall grass, and if planted on civilized turf, they become normal grass

This is actually a very useful feature. When I make large Grass Farms in RoG or SW, I just make sure to bring some Plains Turf so that it will grow as Tall Grass. Te main advantage is that it doesn't need to be fertilized.

Just now, SpoonyBardIV said:

This is actually a very useful feature. When I make large Grass Farms in RoG or SW, I just make sure to bring some Plains Turf so that it will grow as Tall Grass. Te main advantage is that it doesn't need to be fertilized.

the (opposite of advantage) is that you need iron to make shears, or waste flint to make machetes.

6 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

1 minute ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

i was actually not aware of this feature. So if i place a bunch of tall grass next to each other weevoles can spawn?

You can relocate weevoles...

They can infest pretty much any tall grass. I've had worlds where single tall grass was the spawner for weevoles.

Don't belive me? 

Try to make a tall grass farm somwhere. You'll see how fast weevoles will start spawning there

20 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

you can also make

Reveal hidden contents

a crockpot food called hard-shelled taco's

You beat me to it.  

Spoiler

You only need one vegetable (use can use sticks  for filler) to make  a very useful food.  

I’ve spawned weevoles involuntarily by planting tall grass tufts close together.

Tacos are great if you’re playing Wormwood because all you need is a veg and a twig, and they give a good amount of sanity. The carapaces don’t spoil, and I was able to live off them and veg from random seeds planted in the ground for two seasons. (The weevoles were next to some monkeys who killed a LOT of them.

28 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

They can infest pretty much any tall grass. I've had worlds where single tall grass was the spawner for weevoles.

Don't belive me? 

Try to make a tall grass farm somwhere. You'll see how fast weevoles will start spawning there

If I take some Plains Turf over to RoG and plant a field of Tall Grass there, do they still spawn? Because I would love to bring some Weevoles over to RoG to farm Carapace for Tacos.

31 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Don't belive me? 

its fine, i know how they work now

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

If I take some Plains Turf over to RoG and plant a field of Tall Grass there, do they still spawn? Because I would love to bring some Weevoles over to RoG to farm Carapace for Tacos.

Grass tufts grow long or short depending upon the turf, so I am guessing that bringing tufts over to ROG would not span weevils.  The grass tufts in ROG turf are all short.  

2 hours ago, ucw said:

Grass tufts grow long or short depending upon the turf, so I am guessing that bringing tufts over to ROG would not span weevils.  The grass tufts in ROG turf are all short.  

He meant to ask that if you plant long grass in RoG via planting grass tufts on the required turf, will weevoles spawn from it.

Archived