Slime Geyser

A way to renew large amounts of slime would be useful. I don`t think rockets are an option but i didn`t do the math on that.

Unrelated: Sulfur geyser as a truly useless and problematic geyser that actually makes logical sense. Or useless until we get some uses for sulfur.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Unrelated: Sulfur geyser as a truly useless and problematic geyser that actually makes logical sense. Or useless until we get some uses for sulfur.

It would have made since if it was an added ingredient to the solid fuel rocket boosters

4 hours ago, Vincie said:

That kind of farm should have a water floor.

No. slime produces PO2, the pufts eat it - profit!

15 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Sulfur geyser as a truly useless and problematic geyser that actually makes logical sense. Or useless until we get some uses for sulfur.

Why not add a totally useless geyser with liquid sulfur, just o watch it evaporate in space or get flooded with stinky hot sulfur?

5 hours ago, kevork said:

Feed pufts with  polluted O2 and have unlimited slime. Here is my PO2 generator next to a puft farm, only requires PH2o.

5c5957011fc0b_Screenshotfrom2019-02-0519-50-45.png.16ef317be07dec2458e846bfdd84ad0f.png

A little outdated, you get faster off-gassing rate if you put the PW into bottles

33 minutes ago, anton_stezhkin said:

are you joking? how is a 50% loss - "profit" ???

2 minutes ago, anton_stezhkin said:

I thought the farm was for slime only, not for PO2.

am I misunderstanding your quote? 

45 minutes ago, anton_stezhkin said:

looks like you assume you can have an unlimited supply of slime by making the pufts eat the slime they poop as it off gasses. But that doen't work as they reduce in mass by 50% making them poop less and less till they run out

3 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

looks like you assume you can have an unlimited supply of slime by making the pufts eat the slime they poop as it off gasses. But that doen't work as they reduce in mass by 50% making them poop less and less till they run out

Thanks! I didn't know. Well, PH2O floor for the farm then. =)

25 minutes ago, anton_stezhkin said:

Damn! no infinite oxygen and clay from slime. But slime is useful anyway.

There is no mass positive exploites in the game that I know of

Only extra mass that can be aquired is from geysers, morbs, rockets, and printing pods.

6 minutes ago, anton_stezhkin said:

But PO2 form PH2O bottles seems infinite.

No the bottles empty at a 1:1 ratio as it off gases, in other words a 500kg bottle of PW will eventually turn into 500kg PO2.  Same as everything that off gases (slime, oxylite, bleach Stone)

I think the game needs a practical, renewable source of slime, but a geyser would be a trite way of addressing this.  I'd rather have a new machine that can produce slime as a byproduct or a mechanic were slime grows in damp, unlit environments naturally.  Or they could simply increase puft output to balance the production chain.

14 minutes ago, goboking said:

they could simply increase puft output to balance the production chain.

I had made a complaint about puft slime production back when ranching MK1 first came out but the devs ignored me

rather than focus on slime production I look at what slime is used for and look for alternatives

Examples:

Problem 1, Mushroom fertilizing > solution, don't count on using mushrooms for late game when swamp biomes run out

Problem 2, Algae production > solution, reduce the need for algae or don't use it at all 

Archived