Steam achievements

I think the no achievements achievement would fit this game very well, also if you did have achievements it spoil the game for new comers i.e "Survive full moon with pig followers" or "kill the Deerclops" it will also ruin the atmosphere the game makes

I mean, the game could have no archievements at all...OR It could have some funny, little joke archievement, just for giggles.And there won't be any (real) archievements, don't worry...

Achievements can be useful when used as a tutorial of sorts.Inane things like building a science machine and killing 3 hounds with a spear help direct players early game because new players will get a popup telling them that their going in the right direction. They are also useful for hinting at things like Krampus who I have never seen and probably never will see unless I go so far out of my way to summon him that he's already achievement worthy.Then there is also the metrics part of it, like finding out how many people survived a week in game or actually got round to finishing story mode.

Achievements can be useful when used as a tutorial of sorts.Inane things like building a science machine and killing 3 hounds with a spear help direct players early game because new players will get a popup telling them that their going in the right direction. They are also useful for hinting at things like Krampus who I have never seen and probably never will see unless I go so far out of my way to summon him that he's already achievement worthy.Then there is also the metrics part of it, like finding out how many people survived a week in game or actually got round to finishing story mode.

The game is all about learning by trying. Tutorials shouldn't be here.I still want my "There is no archievement"-archievement.

the thing is i like achievement but only if they mean something never saw the point of "you've got to a point in the game have an achievement"in this game they could sort of work as a tutorial as in give an achievement for all the firsts first time do something that way people would try everything at least once (i played at least a month without building a flute)but then there are the achievements that are achievementslived a year, killed X no. of things or lived a month on only berriesbut as has been said they are not going to happen

the thing is i like achievement but only if they mean something never saw the point of "you've got to a point in the game have an achievement"in this game they could sort of work as a tutorial as in give an achievement for all the firsts first time do something that way people would try everything at least once (i played at least a month without building a flute)but then there are the achievements that are achievementslived a year, killed X no. of things or lived a month on only berriesbut as has been said they are not going to happen

They are not going to happen because people would brag about it.

Personally I hate achievements, on xbox I have to turn notifications off so they don't pop up and annoy me all the time. I never understood why they have to be in every game when they serve no purpose at all other than ruining multiplayer games.This game is singleplayer though, so I could careless if they get added or not as long as I can ignore them.