Qol broke some stuff

So qol just launched and half the game is broken.

No caves (humanyoyo)

Pugalisk 

- its music now stops when your not attacking

- its using the wrong track (scary_boss) might not be a bug but theres a remix of the old theme so.

Crashes

Scrolling on the crafting tab

using the skyworthy

Some people can't open their games they just crash 

Theres probably a lot more so post it down below

Crafting the beefalo brush 

Opening a rog world linked to hamlet might be fixed (humanyoyo)

Taming beefalo (Kynoox_)

47 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

So qol just launched and half the game is broken.

No caves (humanyoyo)

Pugalisk 

- its music now stops when your not attacking

- its using the wrong track (scary_boss) might not be a bug but theres a remix of the old theme so.

Crashes

Scrolling on the crafting tab

using the skyworthy

Some people can't open their games they just crash 

Theres probably a lot more so post it down below

Crafting the beefalo brush 

Opening a rog world linked to hamlet (humanyoyo)

Taming beefalo (Kynoox_)

Also, when interacting with the beefalo by examinating him, i got visual glitches of Wendy sleeping and not walking anymore. Character just spin but don't walk.

edt1 - She doesn't actually sleep, just a quick frame of her sleeping on ground, and during and after the examine interaction, i couldn't walk.

Tamed beefalos is also broken.

• Damage is done to your character instead of the beefalo.
  • Despite their animation they're not actually attacking, the damage is determined by your held item and it'll even drain it's durability. (Using the Thulecite Club would even spawn shadow tentacles)
  • Attacking while riding a beefalo without a held item makes the beefalo go invisible.
  • Beefalo are affected by speed multipliers which means they'll get slowed down by marble armor and sped up by the walking cane.
  • The casting animation of magic staves while on a beefalo look weird.

Also could anyone confirm if beefalo can lose domestication? The lack of salt lick might indicate that domestication is meant to be eternal in singleplayer.

2 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

• Despite their animation they're not actually attacking, the damage is determined by your held item and it'll even drain it's durability. (Using the Thulecite Club would even spawn shadow tentacles)
  • Attacking while riding a beefalo without a held item makes the beefalo go invisible.
  • Beefalo are affected by speed multipliers which means they'll get slowed down by marble armor and sped up by the walking cane.

Also could anyone confirm if beefalo can lose domestication? The lack of salt lick might indicate that domestication is meant to be eternal in singleplayer.

holy 

2 hours ago, SandvichSpy said:

I'm usually not that bitter when it comes to buggyness but a lot of aspects of this update seem outright unfinished, beefalo riding being the main offender by far.

They should have put it through a testing branch before pushing it live, especially if they already had issues that made them push the update up.

25 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I'm usually not that bitter when it comes to buggyness but a lot of aspects of this update seem outright unfinished, beefalo riding being the main offender by far.

They should have put it through a testing branch before pushing it live, especially if they already had issues that made them push the update up.

ikr I swear they didn't even open the game

50 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

This is already early access... remember there is actually a message when u start the game... this branch is unstable... dunno why are people linking old game filed when it's clear hamlet and single player for that matter  is still in a testing phase.

21 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

This is already early access... remember there is actually a message when u start the game... this branch is unstable... dunno why are people linking old game filed when it's clear hamlet and single player for that matter  is still in a testing phase.

Except for the fact that the QoL update is not in testing and was already pushed to the base game. 

Hamlet is in Early Access, not the QoL update.

- You do collecting(?) animation when opens wood gate (not sure if this is a bug).
- Teleporting the beefalo while you are mounting it will make you and the beefalo invisible and unable to move until the beefalo knock you down.
- And most importantly this Shift + Click bug 
:D:

giphy.gif.b087dc8094f81eb7d23db957f46f403c.gif

30 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Except for the fact that the QoL update is not in testing and was already pushed to the base game. 

Hamlet is in Early Access, not the QoL update.

hmmm... what?? the QoL update doesn't work outside of Hamlet... they belong together and I didn't say or imply the opposite.. ik Hamlet is in EA ofc, but u have to understand that these changes aren't only affecting Hamlet but RoG and SW, single player as a whole. Single player/Don't Starve is rn in EA technically speaking.

2 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It does though. It's for the base game, not Hamlet itself.

Source: Logged into another Steam account with DS, no DLC purchased.

dude.. we are arguing the same thing

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

these changes aren't only affecting Hamlet but RoG and SW, single player as a whole. Single player/Don't Starve is rn in EA technically speaking.

6 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I think they might have let the tantrums here about how long it was taking get to them. There’s a guy in the DST forums who’s been going on for ages about how bringing DST elements to singleplayer is the simplest thing in the world and WHY doesn’t  Klei do it already? Now we know why.

Sigh. I don't care at all about beefalo taming/riding. Do it a few times in DST and you soon realize it's not worth the trouble. But I would love to see fences and gates work properly and yes I will use bundling wrap when I get it. I would far rather see those genuine quality of life elements introduced and working properly than the beefalo nonsense.

Archived