Could the reanimated skeletons be nox?

This is a speculation thread but so far we only have three clues on what a nox is:

1. latest?cb=20171025104144Their horns are used in the Forge which means they have a hug supply of Nox in the Forge.
  2. Skin collector owns one since he doesn't have a mule anymore.
  3. He describes it as "It's like a ox but it's not".

Going by the design of the horns and the ox comment, I want to imagine that noxes are what this skeleton is. Maybe I'm wrong. I need more data to be honest.

700?cb=20170311175153

15 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Ox in prefab files is water beefalo.

Also I don't think that the Reanimated Skeletons are Noxes because all of their horns don't match

I agree... the horns do look more like the Boarrior and Swineclops Helmets latest?cb=20171025104144

latest?cb=20181125183206639?cb=20171216195207

btw, I don't see the resemblance with the Water Beefalo horns.. they aren't curved latest?cb=20160325003129 latest?cb=20160226073139

This "nox" is in the vanilla world too. The Pig King wears two horns; one of a beefalo, and another, smaller, curved horn. Unless these horns are actually part of the pig king. In that case, that would lead me to believe that the pig king was a result of some sort of layered crossbreeding of species. The nox could also be some sort of relative to the rabbit, since they have curved horns in this world. We should also consider that maybe a nox is a relative to pigkind. In SW, the wildbores have tusks. There could be all sorts of pig variants that we don't know about, and a nox would be one less humanoid and more animal-like and primal. I could go on and say that a nox is related to any animal in the world, like Mactusks or hippopotamooses. Though we'll just have to wait and see for what abomination Klei decides to mix up. Or not. It may just stay as a name forever. 

I think Nox comes from the Greek-Roman goodness of the night and conflicts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyx

Called "Nyx" by greeks and "Nox" by romans, both names means the same thing: Night. 

She is usually described as a woman wearing an orb (or an helmet, in other versions).

Nox-Nyx.jpg.0d6eba975a1ee17386dca0513bf3b21e.jpg

So, the item could be a reference to Charlie (Shadow Queen/Night Monster) and the fights inside of Hub (Forge world).

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I agree... the horns do look more like the Boarrior and Swineclops Helmets latest?cb=20171025104144

latest?cb=20181125183206639?cb=20171216195207

btw, I don't see the resemblance with the Water Beefalo horns.. they aren't curved latest?cb=20160325003129 latest?cb=20160226073139

Had to do it if you notice Ox horn in full size and turn it up side down you get look alike to the forge boss helmets

CAFC2BED-474C-4A1B-9000-D9EADF5AF105.jpeg

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I agree... the horns do look more like the Boarrior and Swineclops Helmets latest?cb=20171025104144latest?cb=20181125183206

btw, I don't see the resemblance with the Water Beefalo horns.. they aren't curved latest?cb=20160325003129

Again, let me post quotes:

GramophoneQuotesEditThe quotes spoken by the Skin Collector:

Idling

• "My wagon's pulled by a nox. 'Es a good 'un, but 'e can't hold a candle to my old mule, Shadow."
  • "What's a nox? Well, I don't know as I can rightly describe it. It's kinda like an ox, but not."

So the nox is a male too.

3 hours ago, Tapirus said:

I think Nox comes from the Greek-Roman goodness of the night and conflicts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyx

Called "Nyx" by greeks and "Nox" by romans, both names means the same thing: Night. 

She is usually described as a woman wearing an orb (or an helmet, in other versions).

So, the item could be a reference to Charlie (Shadow Queen/Night Monster) and the fights inside of Hub (Forge world).

Here's my previous thread:

I really don't think Inn keeper is riding Charlie as a mule, kinky as that might be...:wilson_sneaky:

Archived