Tax Collection

Tax collection
The town hall allows the player to collect the tax from its inhabitants every 8 days. In the morning of a "tax day", the character will indicate that it is time to collect the taxes. As stated in the recipe description of the townhouse, a townhouse generates and hosts a pig resident. A player gets a single Oinc from each resident on the morning of tax day. Tax collection does not occur if the player is away from City Hall, for example. in caves, ruins or another island. In addition, the player will not receive the Oincs missed tax collections, where they were too far away.

Source: Do not starve Wikia

Lol, the pigs of the city, will become yellow jackets as in France, TOO TAXES !!!
#TAXSOFMACRON

Hijacking this thread I guess for a question...

So my base is fairly close to the city on the first island and I have been working on building all the shops there. Basically slowly working towards doubling the size of the already existing city. Can I collect taxes of all the citizen or how does it work? Is it only of player placed houses? Does your city hall have to be x amount away from the existing ones? 

20 minutes ago, Mullematsch said:

Hijacking this thread I guess for a question...

So my base is fairly close to the city on the first island and I have been working on building all the shops there. Basically slowly working towards doubling the size of the already existing city. Can I collect taxes of all the citizen or how does it work? Is it only of player placed houses? Does your city hall have to be x amount away from the existing ones? 

Only for normal pig houses that you build. Shops or houses that already exist won't give you taxes. Honestly it's very little since each pig only gives +1 oinc, and it takes about 7 or 8 days for it to trigger.

Not really worth it for sure but kinda cool. Would be nice if you could collect your taxes every so often or if they would accumulate. I have ~40 berry bushes, majority of those just bought in the shop so getting 10 oincs of taxes is nothing. 

Another question though. Only problem with all the berries or even rope of the jungle is that I just cannot trade it quickly enough. I can trade 5-8 berries/rope per day which is nice but it just takes too long.

1. Does each pig have its own house and can you figure out where the builders/berry junkies live and that way trap them around their house using walls?

2. I am assuming if I build my own pig houses it is random what type of pig I get. Can I hammer every house which is not a berry guy and slowly build up a town of only them or will the house respawn a new pig occasionally or if the occupant dies? 

1 hour ago, Mullematsch said:

2. I am assuming if I build my own pig houses it is random what type of pig I get. Can I hammer every house which is not a berry guy and slowly build up a town of only them or will the house respawn a new pig occasionally or if the occupant dies? 

The house will always spawn the same type of pig. Not sure if this still works but I’ve seen a streamer repeatedly burn a house and then hammer it back up again. If you do this while the pig is out of the house, the pig becomes homeless and when you hammer the house back up again, a new pig will spawn from it. This is one quick way to create multiples of that type of pig. IF it still works, so proceed with caution.

Ive been building a pig city from scratch on Herald Island. The hardest part is the townhouses because of the pig type being randomized. I demolished a bunch of houses on the first island with the special hammer to get materials and I’ve been building houses anddemolishing them in my own city until I get the pig type I want. You can easily run out of stone doing this, however, and Hamlet has limited stone. You also will need a LOT of wood.

33 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Gnat_Mound (this makes them useful for something)

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Moleworm (can spawn from unimportant pillars)

=> Seems like you can get unlimited stone in Hamlet

You’re right, but it’s a hassle and slowish. Not like spending summers in the caves, where stone literally falls at you feet.

10 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

You can easily run out of stone doing this, however, and Hamlet has limited stone. 

Gnat mounds drop stone, flint and iron. 

As long as the gnats are alive they will make new gnat mounds therefore making the stones a infinite resource

Edit:  nevermind, someone pointed it out

Archived