The Dupematons (Automaton Duplicants)

Hello guys! (•ω•)/

Last time I have some idea about bring the brains in use.

In the post @Sasza22 + @zergologistsuggested something about brain robots.

I am not a mad scientist, however... I am a mad thinker who wants to put all kinds of ideas in... At least useful.

Here is my mad creation:

Dupematons (Automaton Duplicants)

1544352179859..thumb.jpg.1886c61f3685c6e6e42fd7d9c9469592.jpg

Notes: To avoid all dupematons looking the same, I come with 4 designs here.

Recipe for Dupematons:

400KG Titanium + 1 Brain

Maufactured at Super Assemblers.

1544352204577..thumb.jpg.1b7d726fa12a8d71458014db04371da8.jpg

Notes: I am still thinking what it can do besides building the fancy robots

Since the dupematons carries a brain, it still needs some nutrition, however with less requirements, such as no need for sleep and not affected by food quality plus no respiration needs and produce no wastes.

And robots don’t really “eat”, however you can refuel them with a prepared Dupematon Energy Pack.

Don’t refer to the recipe on my drafts.

1544352217791..thumb.jpg.e574ab87d1c98f718f58c16ef90c3735.jpg

10000W electricity + 200Cal (any chosen food)

= 1 Dupematon Energy Pack (one recharging)

You’ll refuel them at Auto Maintenance Station. A station can carry 4 energy packs at maxinum.

Talking about the efficiency of dupematons I suggest:

For the dupematons made of brains from dismantled Neural Vacillators, it always carries one random special trait except diver’s lungs.

Attributes base value of dupematons:

Digging +2 initially

Athletes always +0

Strength +3 initially

Others will be 0 initially, they can still learn skills.

How do you guys think?

I think steel would be fine for the recipie as there is no titanium in the game right now. Maybe some plastic for joints.

Have you considered giving them wheels? It would grant them +10 athletics when moving straight but climb ledges much slower (at around 0).
Edit: Actually you got a wheeled variant. didn`t notice it at first.

The "muscle" stats (athletics, strength) should be higher but not changable. A robot can`t get stronger but can learn to do other tasks better (cooking, tinkering).

And make them unable to do combat tasks - for safety reasons.

Also, wouldn't they be able to handle high temps higher than even an exo'd dupe and not be able to put on jet and atmo suits? 

What about mechanical muscles or strength increasing plastic?

Who knows, they could even be started off at coal power consuming oxygen and water to produce carbon dioxide and po2 (You know, the thing has a carbon skimmer and soot cleaner inside of it?)

How 'bout @babba give his ideas and replies. Would work very nicely with the junk cannon as the useless bots could be launched at the nearest satellite to bring down many supplies and relics.

1 hour ago, zergologist said:

Also, wouldn't they be able to handle high temps higher than even an exo'd dupe

Oh I forgot about this. Scalding temp for dupematons.

I suggest 350°C. However since they have a brain inside, if their body temperature reached 275°C their efficiency will decrease by 40% as balance.

I think to differentiate the bots they could have different heads (like dupes) but same body, maybe in different colors. Maybe you could find unpowered bots in the ruins (like a proto duplicant idea that was scraped by Gravitas). They could have their own name pool as well.

8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I think to differentiate the bots they could have different heads (like dupes) but same body, maybe in different colors. 

Agree, to avoid confusion...(I actually try to think about more head designs) And I hope we can repaint the bots as one of the customization.

8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Maybe you could find unpowered bots in the ruins (like a proto duplicant idea that was scraped by Gravitas). They could have their own name pool as well.

Prototype? Let's do Ooze-matons!

I think we can dismantle them into titanium with a brain for reforging into another dupematon, along with rotted oozes (actually polluted dirt)

Or reactivate them as you said with a risk (20% chance) that they may be those old robo-guards, considering duplicants stepping into or dismantling the old ruins as "intruders"... You know, they have slept for long and don't know what have happened during their long sleep.

13 hours ago, zergologist said:

Also, wouldn't they be able to handle high temps higher than even an exo'd dupe and not be able to put on jet and atmo suits? 

What about mechanical muscles or strength increasing plastic?

Who knows, they could even be started off at coal power consuming oxygen and water to produce carbon dioxide and po2 (You know, the thing has a carbon skimmer and soot cleaner inside of it?)

How 'bout @babba give his ideas and replies. Would work very nicely with the junk cannon as the useless bots could be launched at the nearest satellite to bring down many supplies and relics.

Im afraid I'm currently too busy preparing the next conference

Archived