gifts from christmas trees

I wasn't able to play last Winter's Feast, nor was I able to test it in the current one, can someone confirm that every player has a "christmas tree cooldown"? (I mean if you sleep you get a big gift, if your friends sleep right after you they get a big gift too?) 

Because there's one way that I know to cheese it: You can build tents around the Celestial portal and have a fully decorated trees nearby (Out of the radius of the light that the portal gives when someone spawns at dusk/night), then, sleep at night (which will give a big gift), change characters with the moon idol, then sleep again (which will give another big gift). If the cooldown is per player (which I think it is considering the game thinks you are another player when you change character at the celestial portal) then everyone can do this at the same time to get even more gifts.

Welp, it isn't as effective as having a lot of trees giving big gifts and it is costly on your purple gems, but its the way that I've found that works. 

PS: You can farm character spawn items at the same time, which makes it a little bit more worth it depending in which character you are choosing to spawn as.

• Developer

This has changed a bit. Sorry, it should have been in the patch notes.
Old: Cool down timer was on the tree, which made it impossible to know which trees were on a cool down and which were not, especially on populated servers. It also restarted the timer when a coal based gift item was given.

New: Each player has their own timer and does not restart when a coal based gift is given. The items in the fully decorated tree gifts has been improved to help make up for the lack of farming.

Just now, Gagarin-ace said:

what kind? bearger skin or something?

Winterhat, Tam-o-Shanter, Catcap, Earmuffs, Walking Cane, moonrock, Panflute, Gems, Some Christmas Food items, Moggles, gears, and some others. You can only get these from "good gifts", and you only get good gifts every 4 days.

3 minutes ago, BOT Tuja said:

Winterhat, Tam-o-Shanter, Catcap, Earmuffs, Walking Cane, moonrock, Panflute, Gems, Some Christmas Food items, Moggles, gears, and some others. You can only get these from "good gifts", and you only get good gifts every 4 days.

And coal as bad gifts

Archived