About This File
Dissolve, brew, enchant, summon, craft, reap, et cetera!
This mod adds a flexible alchemy and potion system and a new kind of magic tech tree. The two branches unite in the powerful spell ritual system.
I recommend installing Tomes of Knowledge, it allows you to acquire helpful books and make alchemy notes.
In the magic tab, there's the so-called Alchemical Distiller. It requires an alchemy engine to unlock (Who'd have thought). Using it, you can extract effects from various ingredients and put them into potions. Combining several ingredients can remove effects or create new ones! Thus experimentation can prove important... or deadly.
By adding the right kinds of ingredients, you can even synthesise regular items (e.g. tentacle spike) or discover unique alchemical items (e.g. mandrake seeds).
It is recommended to make actual notes when experimenting. Also make notes of which potion is which, since their properties do not perfectly reflect their effects.
When playing around with magic, you might stumble upon the Sinister Tabernacle. It is the first step of a journey you will learn to love and regret at the same time.
To make any soul items, you will need souls (Who'd have thought). The first method to acquire those is spinning a Dream Catcher, it will catch the soul of any sentient creature dying near it (e.g. pigmen).
When you are confident with basic alchemy and wrapped your head around souls (figuratively and literally), you can try to make a spell circle with Ghastly Candles. Placing the right objects in it lets you cast a spell. [advanced guide]
Finding a spell is difficult, and moreover dangerous. In the worst case, you could summon a giant and not even notice. Only the luckiest can find a Tome of Knowledge to teach them all spells there are.
- Mobbstar - Me, the project leader and coder
- Klei - made Don't Starve, the game this mod is for, and also most textures used in it
- @Lampofulmine - Ghastly Candle texture
- @Theinsanefruitloop - Alkahest texture
- @ImDaMisterL - misc. rune textures
(Boss Music) Plans in Motion by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
If you want to support this mod somehow, feel free to contact me!
Please report all and any bugs you find!
If you want to stay up-to-date, follow to the file using the upper-right button!
What's New in Version 2.2 See changelog
2.2 - "Some Eye Pun"
Added a boss monster: the Elder Eye
- Has to be fought by the player, not some potentially unwilling ally
- Has two attacks: Ramming and Shooting
- Unique loot: The Veil of Victoria
- Summoned by special rites (as told in the Tomes of Knowledge)
- Custom boss music
- Added some Nidus spells
- Blindness no longer hides the UI (inventory, talking, etc.)
- Distillers now stay burnt
- Reworked nicknack selection
- Reworked potion craziness to respect tuning mods
- Interesting to modders: Modular music manager and new behaviour node
(reupload because the previous file was almost twice as big due to unnecessary sound quality)