SPOILER: In case anyone wants to see what the bottom looks like.

• Developer
1 hour ago, HabdomeRaider said:

I appreciate your dedication to science, Howard.

And I appreciate your screenshots! Got me curious now, Neutronium will probably work like those Minecraft blocks that don't let you dig out of the world...

But how is Howard IN the lava? Hot Lava!

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

And I appreciate your screenshots! Got me curious now, Neutronium will probably work like those Minecraft blocks that don't let you dig out of the world...

But how is Howard IN the lava? Hot Lava!

Yeah the neutronium is completely undiggable. It prevents you from tunneling off the edge of the map.

6 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I like the little colorful ball textures it has, it's pretty!

The colorful ball textures are actually in the foreground. They move in front of the camera like dust motes or lens flares. They signify temperature. Neutronium and Abyssalite are both absolute zero. The magma has ball textures moving in the opposite direction to signify it's hot.

Spoiler

7-HotCold.jpg

By all rights, it _should_ be the name for the material a neutron star is made out of.  At least, that's what it is in Star Trek.  (Which yes, has something called exactly "neutronium" in it.)

...which MEANS, that the gravity on (in?) your little..um...area? thingie?  place? should be WAY MORE MESSED UP than it is. 

...which tells me it's NOT neutron star material...which is just as well.  Otherwise your duplicants would have problems such as...being a smear on the ground.  So...why IS it called "neutronium", then, if it's not made out of pure neutron?

I'd try this game myself, but I'm afraid I'd suck at it.  Like the vaccuum of space*!  GETIT?  (rimshot) 

But seriously...I have a hard enough time keeping my Lemmings alive long enough to get to the end of a level.  Keeping _multiple_ things alive in realtime for...however long you can, would probably end up in the one I wasn't paying enough attention to dying rather soon.  I do play time-management games with multiple workers at the same time, and I quite like a lot of them!--however, if you mess up on those, you just lose your chance at finishing within the "gold" time limit.  In "My Kingdom for the Princess" or "Roads of Rome", the workers don't actually SUFFOCATE...

I should probably watch a video and get more of an idea of how things work...after all, that was my first introduction to Don't Starve.

...and now I have this strange urge to go plant flowers in the swamp.  Don't ask.  ;)

...Notorious

*And yes, I know that you get BLOWN out into space when you open an unshielded airlock, I'm just being silly.  : P

Archived