Reign of Giants Coming to DST April 21st

dst-rog-teaser-750px.png

Reign of Giants will officially be added to Don't Starve Together beginning April 21st.

As a new free expansion; Reign of Giants brings new characters, seasons and creatures. And now, just for Don't Starve Together; meaner, badder giants for you and your friends to... enjoy.

To usher in Reign of Giants we will be inviting streamers for an early look at Reign of Giants later this week! If you are playing Don't Starve Together on Twitch or YouTube, be sure to check back this Thursday for more information on how to get your early invite.

And also this Thursday, we will release our new Twitch mod so your viewers can play along as they determine various events in your world. Viewers can repopulate berry bushes, spawn creatures, or make it rain (frog rain of course). Help or harm, it's in their hands.

See you Thursday!

Download the embiggened version for your wallpapering pleasure: HERE (4.7 MB)

And also this Thursday, we will release our new Twitch mod so your viewers can play along as they determine various events in your world. Viewers can repopulate berry bushes, spawn creatures, or make it rain (frog rain of course). Help or harm, it's in their hands.

This sounds great.

Alright. It's great to see things are coming along rather well now for the RoG integration. Also should this thread be pinned up to the top of the forums Joe?

Usually, I leave it unpinned for a little while so people notice it a bit better. We have a lot of stuff pinned, so it get a little harder to notice something new.

The Glutton Mod Rematch will be on a RoG server?

The Glutton Mod Rematch will be on a current build of DST, without RoG. But, other streamers will be available to show of RoG starting Thursday.

Does thusrsday come before frerday?

Uhm, yeah, and it's after Wendnesday, what's your point? =)

Question will this be another separate branch from the current public beta test of RoG?

Yes, We'll be inviting streamers to play the newest version of Don't Starve Together that includes RoG with giants.

Yes, We'll be inviting streamers to play the newest version of Don't Starve Together that includes RoG with giants.

Thanks for the answer. I will check out the info for the new branch when it comes out. Since I would love to test it out with my friends (while streaming it on Twitch).

... Twitch Plays Maxwell!? To be honest, that sounds terrifying. 

... Twitch Plays Maxwell!? To be honest, that sounds terrifying.

Now you don't even have to join a server to grief.

Kidding, this sounds awesome. I'd honestly love to see something like this integrated into normal Don't Starve too.

Download the embiggened version for your wallpapering pleasure: HERE (4.7 MB)

Is there a version of this without the giants?

Wait, so this announcement is all about getting DST RoG beta into complete DST RoG, then to work on DST overall (caves, ruins, adventure mode, teleportato and probably some other stuff) to then work on Through the Ages? Am I right on this one? And how are the Moggles going?

Wait, so this announcement is all about getting DST RoG beta into complete DST RoG, then to work on DST overall (caves, ruins, adventure mode, teleportato and probably some other stuff) to then work on Through the Ages? Am I right on this one? And how are the Moggles going?

It would be quite bad if they would decide on adding adventure mode to DST, and I hope they won't waste time on it this time around, I never finished adventure mode and I don't even want to play it, for many reasons.

Archived