Patch Notes - Rev 103865 June 12, 2014

• Developer

Hey folks. We've got another patch that's going live on Steam momentarily and being built for standalone right now. The patch is mostly more fixes for Reign of Giants, but also introduces a few new features in the frontend that I'm pretty excited about. Details below.

Patch Notes for Rev 103865

New Things

• Improve UI feedback for when you have a pre-built/buffered placeable recipe in the crafting tabs.

• Add save-able custom presets for world gen customizations (limit 5).

• Add modal warning if entering game with mods disabled that were previously enabled on the game.

• Made it easier to call GetModConfigData from non-main mod files (use ModIndex:GetModActualName(fancyname) function [fancyname is name string from modinfo] as second parameter to a GetModConfigData(optionname, modname) function call).

• Add a reset to defaults button on the mod configuration screen.

• Add “label†field to mod configuration data table (string supplied as the label will be used to label the spinner in the configuration screen. If not provided, it will use “name†as normal.).

• Changed the color and language of the out of date mods messaging.

Bug Fixes

• Fix pigmen that spawned at the tail end of a full moon turning into werepigs.

• Fix beebox not growing while player is away properly.

• Fix firestaff being able to start an infinite fire in a firepit.

• Fix not being able to access mod config data during world gen.

• Fix bad name for PrefabPostInitAny in mainfunctions.lua.

• Fix mod configuration data values resetting to defaults erroneously.

• Fix crash that could happen from using Weather Pain to chop a tree that is about to become a tree guard.

• Fix trees not correctly burning down if they are on fire when a sleep/wake or save/load happens.

• Fix pond, tumbleweed customization spinners being set to none still spawning the respective prefabs.

• Fix infinite summer rain bug.

• Fix wild smallbirds not maintaining wild status across save/load.

• Fix mod config data so that the table in memory is always accurate and fetching the mod config data doesn't hit the disk.

• Make sure that the mod config data gets loaded before the mod does.

• Fix winter transition DSP issue.

• Fix crash when using Weather Pain on an entity without a combat component

• Fix crash that could happen with CheckValidWildfireStarter.

• Fix “Shenanigans†appearing for Moose/Goose deaths on morgue screen.

• Fix Glommer not following in/out of caves (and worm holes) if the flower is in Chester.

• Fix homeseekers not saving their home on save/load, causing entities (like chess pieces) that get their home from their spawn location to move home if not at home when save/load.

• Removed fireflies from tumbleweed loot (it was causing a problem with controller targeting).

• Fix deciduous tree disappearing temporarily if it gets chopped while transforming into its monster mode.

• Remove % chance for getting living log on dig up deciduous monster stump (now is 100%)--a percent chance was confusing and felt like a bug to many players.

• Fix a typo in Wickerbottom's speech.

• Fix Bearger catching bees with groundpound.

• Fix withered and unfertilized grass getting into a bad state where it would never grow.

• Make Blueprint use an actual string table entry, instead of a hardcoded “Blueprint†string.

• Fix Nightstick crash that could occur if it got used to attack something right as it ran out.

• Fix werebeaver being able to gnaw melted glaciers.

• Fix plants not returning to previous state when hit by Ice Flingomatic.

• Fix hound fire relighting on load.

• Fix a Woodie speech that used a colon (which don't show up in game).

• Fix eyeturret being placeable anywhere.

• Fix Lights Out preset not having various setpieces and prefabs.

• Fix Chester not getting removed from scene properly when dying in caves and getting resurrected in the overworld.

• Fix stumps and burnt trees giving shelter.

• Fix warg and hunt overrides being swapped (i.e. changing one spinner would affect the other thing).

• Update modinfo for The Screecher.

• Fix turning screen shake off also turning off vibration.

• Add marsh tree to trees category for world gen customization.

• Fix colorizing of text for wet entities when playing with controller (will no longer color the button hint icons as well).

• Fix penalty from resurrectors in caves not going away when using the teleportato.

• Fix giants not despawning at end of seasons.

• Fix Wigfrid and Webber self-deaths not populating the right string in the morgue.

• Fix bad lighting caused by interaction between Moggles and the Nightmare Clock in the ruins.

• Fix tumbleweeds triggering creep.

• Fix missing Wickerbottom announce for birds book.

Hotfix Rev. 104322

• Fix certain sounds in Winter and Summer getting extremely muffled.

• Fix new-craftable ding erroneously playing when moving items around (between inventory, backpacks, and chests) while a buffered placeable recipe is present.

• Fix spiders screaming forever when investigating.

• Fix various issues with creatures not setting/resetting their home locations properly.

• Fix not being able to set a customization option back to default in a preset (if based on another preset where the value was not at its default).

• Fix mod configuration data not saving properly if the saved data is the bool false.

• Fix text getting cut off on button hints when using a generic controller.

Hey, at least you can start the game!

ROFL

Starting upDon't Starve: 102572 WIN32Build Date: 2014-05-24_15-31-36THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4224)HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()cGame::InitializeOnMainThreadWindowManager::InitializeWindowManager::SetFullscreen(0, 1680, 1050, 60)GLInfo~~~~~~GL_VENDOR: Google Inc.GL_RENDERER: ANGLE (ATI Radeon HD 5670)GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)THREAD - started 'WindowsInputManager' (4228)OpenGL extensions (19, 19):GL_ANGLE_depth_textureGL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blitGL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisampleGL_ANGLE_instanced_arraysGL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_orderGL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5GL_ANGLE_texture_usageGL_ANGLE_translated_shader_sourceGL_EXT_read_format_bgraGL_EXT_robustnessGL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888GL_EXT_texture_storageGL_OES_get_program_binaryGL_OES_packed_depth_stencilGL_OES_rgb8_rgba8GL_OES_standard_derivativesGL_OES_texture_npotGL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 16384GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 16GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE = 16384GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS = 16384, 16384GL_MAX_VARYING_VECTORS = 10GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS = 16GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 254GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 4GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 2214 compressed texture formatstexture format 0x83f0texture format 0x83f1texture format 0x83f2texture format 0x83f3cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()cGame::StartPlayingLOADING LUADoLuaFile scripts/main.luaDoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.luaDoLuaFile Error: C:/games/dont_starve/data/scripts/constants.lua:249: variable 'PYRO_ENABLED' is not declaredLUA ERROR stack traceback:        =[C] in function 'error'        C:/games/dont_starve/data/scripts/strict.lua(23,1)        C:/games/dont_starve/data/scripts/constants.lua(249,1) in main chunk        =[C] in function 'require'        scripts/main.lua(105,1) in main chunkC:/games/dont_starve/data/scripts/constants.lua:249: variable 'PYRO_ENABLED' is not declaredLUA ERROR stack traceback:        =[C] in function 'error'        C:/games/dont_starve/data/scripts/strict.lua(23,1)        C:/games/dont_starve/data/scripts/constants.lua(249,1) in main chunk        =[C] in function 'require'        scripts/main.lua(105,1) in main chunkError loading main.luaFailed mSimulation->Reset()Error during game initialization!Collecting garbage...lua_gc took 0.01 seconds~SimLuaProxy()lua_close took 0.01 secondsHttpClient::ClientThread::Main() completeShutting down

Had I known Pyro would've burned my game...

And why on earth does it say

Don't Starve: 102572 WIN32

when i just ran updater that updated to (or said it did) 103815

EDIT yeah exe still has old timestamp too

Really excited about the new features! The custom preset world gen will be quite useful.

From the above comments, I guess I shouldn't touch my DS right now. The game updated but did not open. Upon checking my Klei computer files, my saves are still there.... but no idea if they reset.

One bug I have for ages now is when i quit the game its just crashing, and that causes steam not registering I quit the game and steam says i'm still in game, could be nice to get a fix for that...

• Developer

For people wondering about saves, try looking in your C:\Users\[username]\My Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save folder (if you're on windows). Please let me know if you see files there (they should be called things like "survival_1"). If they are there, "starting" a game in the appropriate slot (slot 1 in the example) should just resume that game. It sounds like something caused the saveindex file to get wiped erroneously. It shouldn't actually be deleting your saves though.

For people wondering about saves, try looking in your C:\Users\[username]\My Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save folder (if you're on windows). Please let me know if you see files there (they should be called things like "survival_1"). If they are there, "starting" a game in the appropriate slot (slot 1 in the example) should just resume that game. It sounds like something caused the saveindex file to get wiped erroneously. It shouldn't actually be deleting your saves though.

just so you know Seth, updater says 103815 and his thread says 103814

My folder is totally empty, except for an empty "mod_config_data" folder.

i lost my new world at 1 day that i have created few sec ago :( how could you do that...

Nah, everything's fine!

And love alloveuz for the presets...

Awww, I needed that werepig meat for Wigfrid today XD

feed them..

Archived