Patch Notes - Rev 103865 June 12, 2014

The new, "Improved UI feedback for when you have a pre-built/buffered placeable recipe in the crafting tabs.", SUCKS!   I had a pre-built endothermic fire set up for an emergency in summer time for the last two summers and I didn't need it the entire time.  Then I download the patch and now every single time I pick up or drop an object I get the annoying bell chime that I can build something is pounding my ear drum.  I wish KLEI had not changed this feature.  I ended up being forced to build this thing in a rain storm in spring at night to maintain my own sanity and not Wilson's sanity!  If the Developers are reading this please change this back to what it was.  Love the game otherwise, thank you.   Coastal

The new, "Improved UI feedback for when you have a pre-built/buffered placeable recipe in the crafting tabs.", SUCKS!   I had a pre-built endothermic fire set up for an emergency in summer time for the last two summers and I didn't need it the entire time.  Then I download the patch and now every single time I pick up or drop an object I get the annoying bell chime that I can build something is pounding my ear drum.  I wish KLEI had not changed this feature.  I ended up being forced to build this thing in a rain storm in spring at night to maintain my own sanity and not Wilson's sanity!  If the Developers are reading this please change this back to what it was.  Love the game otherwise, thank you.   Coastal

Im hoping that stupid bell chime is a bug and not intentional. Either way it needs to be gone.

@SethR

The handling of boolean options for mod configuration has not been fixed. Of the three things I pointed out, only the issue in the mod configuration screen constructor (at modconfigurationscreen.lua:40) was fixed:

if v.name and v.options and (v.saved ~= nil or v.default ~= nil) then 
The remaining issues had code changes, but they are not effective, since exactly the same issues from before remain. In modutil.lua:18 we now have

return v.saved ~= nil and v.saved or v.default
and in modconfigurationscreen.lua:290

local default_value = options[idx].value ~= nil and options[idx].value or options[idx].default
If v.saved is the boolean false (in the first case) and if options[idx].value is false (in the second case), the or shortcircuit will still evaluate to v.default and options[idx].default, respectively. In Lua, an and-or triple is not the same as the ternary operator in C; it almost always behaves that way, but when the middle expression is the boolean false it does not. Please use if blocks. In the first case:

if v.saved ~= nil then                    return v.saved                else                    return v.default                end
and in the second case:

local default_value			if options[idx].value ~= nil then			    default_value = options[idx].value			else			    default_value = options[idx].default			end

@SethR

One more issue with mod configuration (again, happening for boolean options with "false" as a saved value). In modindex.lua:

function ModIndex:UpdateConfigurationOptions(config_options, savedata)	for i,v in pairs(savedata) do		for j,k in pairs(config_options) do			if v.name == k.name and v.saved then				k.saved = v.saved			end		end	endend
If v.saved is false, then k.saved is not updated, effectively discarding the saved option, since it doesn't get loaded. The fix is to replace "v.saved" with "v.saved ~= nil".

After implementing the above fix as well as the ones I mentioned before, all seems to be working correctly. This is a mod implementing the fixes (by simply overriding files and functions, since it is meant to become obsolete very soon).

ModCfgFix.zip

Except that you can't really tell people to download a mod fix to be able to use your own mod configurator properly... so I don't see how that helps anyone (except devs, if they want to be helped anyway)

That's why I didn't release it. It's not meant to "help" or otherwise be used by players.

I wrote it because I tired of postponing implementing configuration support in Up and Away due to the API support being broken; using it, I can at least implement the support in the dev version, waiting for the base game to be fixed before releasing the "configuration enabled" mod, instead of only then starting to implement it.

As for my reason to post it here, yes, it was as a reference for how to fix the base game, in the hope this might speed up the process. It's been too long already, 3 weeks is a bit too much for fixing the bugs in a bare bones mod cfg support implementation.

That's why I didn't release it. It's not meant to "help" or otherwise be used by players.

I wrote it because I tired of postponing implementing configuration support in Up and Away due to the API support being broken; using it, I can at least implement the support in the dev version, waiting for the base game to be fixed before releasing the "configuration enabled" mod, instead of only then starting to implement it.

As for my reason to post it here, yes, it was as a reference for how to fix the base game, in the hope this might speed up the process. It's been too long already, 3 weeks is a bit too much for fixing the bugs in a bare bones mod cfg support implementation.

Yeah I fully agree, hence the last part of my comment...

Uhm... I got this error:

Reset() returning
scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(525,1) platform_motd table: 2186BC70
...t Starve/data/scripts/screens/slotdetailsscreen.lua:15: variable 'global_loading_widget' is not declared
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        =[C] in function 'error'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/strict.lua(23,1)
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/screens/slotdetailsscreen.lua(15,1) in function 'ShowLoading'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/screens/slotdetailsscreen.lua(241,1) in function 'Continue'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/screens/slotdetailsscreen.lua(92,1) in function 'onclick'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/button.lua(37,1) in function 'OnControl'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(112,1) in function 'OnControl'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(112,1) in function 'OnControl'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/screens/slotdetailsscreen.lua(126,1) in function 'OnControl'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/frontend.lua(236,1) in function 'OnControl'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/input.lua(138,1) in function 'OnControl'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/input.lua(312,1)
scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen
Force aborting...

My version is 104053

Same is w/o mods installed...

OMG!  What happened to the sound after this patch hit!?  I've had to quit/save and reload several times to regain normal sound in spring while playing vanilla reign of giants and now that its summer time it's just not going away.  The only sound that seems normal are Wilson's foot steps but all the other sounds sound like the are taking place on the far end of a massive warehouse.  The morning summer started this problem became chronic.

Could the "non-stop screaming spiders" bug be caused by one of these latest patches as well? I never had this problem until I created a new world 5 minutes ago. 

I just checked again and it is now also happening to my old save (with 80 days in it).

So my previous post on the sound was on a pre-patch game.  I started a new game post patch, the first winter started, on the second day I did a normal save game/quit, I came back to the game a couple hours later and the game loaded with the terrible sounds again but now it's winter.  The game is just not playable with this sound bug, it almost makes you nauseated hearing these distant, muffled, reverberating noises mixed with some normal noises.  My game is completely vanilla, reign of giants, never downloaded a mod.

• Developer

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't post yesterday--I was pretty busy digging into the sound issue. At this point, I've got it in a state where the lua side of things is correctly managing the DSP state, but there's something going on (probably on the C++ side) that's making it sound strange. I'm looking into it today.

Archived