Don't Starve: Reign of Giants -- Early Access!

JoeW

Don't Starve: Reign of Giants is now available for purchase on Steam Early-Access!

What does that mean? That means that anybody with a Steam account will be able to purchase the Early Access beta and help us smash bugs and shake our collective fists at our many many deaths at the hands of terrible giants!

As with before, you must own Don't Starve to play the DLC. Previous beta participants will simply get updated to the newest version. Everybody participating in the beta will be updated to the live version after the beta ends and standalone versions will be made available to all purchases once available.
The beta is still available for purchase from our humble store widget as well. (See below)

dlc_tease.png

NOTE: You MUST own Don't Starve in Steam to play the DLC at this time. If you purchase now and do not own Don't Starve in steam you will be able to play later once the standalone version is available. You will not be able to play the DLC in the chrome version at any point.

For more information on the beta, check out our FAQ.

So this means presumably the Giants will definitely be in it on the next Wednesday update?

The footprint from the picture is from the giant spawned by using the Old Bell, so it's not clear quite yet. I'd imagine they'll be in soon though.

Wut? O_o I don't get it. Is this thread just to inform us about the DLC being available on Steam? Dat's it?

Were you expecting more beyond the obvious title of the topic?

I'm a bit surprised and scared. It would seem all the monstrous new threats will be dumped into the next update. ... Yeah?

Don't worry, if you're scared, put them to none when making a next world, that way you won't need to worry about a thing :)

Don't worry, if you're scared, put them to none when making a next world, that way you won't need to worry about a thing :-)

I am curious enough to meet them, but if the majority of them are like Deerclops and just spawn in like glorified hounds that mess up your camp and day, then I would want to tone them down.  Also depends on how good the loot is.   

I'm....super confused

so if I bought this from humble store, I'll get the steam key later right?

and this :

"As with before, you must own Don't Starve to play the DLC. Previous beta participants will simply get updated to the newest version. Everybody participating in the beta will be updated to the live version after the beta ends and standalone versions will be made available to all purchases once available."

so is RoG a DLC or standalone? what does it means "standalone versions will be made available to all purchases once available." ? isn't it always there?

sorry if the question seems stupid lol, I'm still not good English

I'm....super confused

so if I bought this from humble store, I'll get the steam key later right?

and this :

"As with before, you must own Don't Starve to play the DLC. Previous beta participants will simply get updated to the newest version. Everybody participating in the beta will be updated to the live version after the beta ends and standalone versions will be made available to all purchases once available."

so is RoG a DLC or standalone? what does it means "standalone versions will be made available to all purchases once available." ? isn't it always there?

sorry if the question seems stupid lol, I'm still not good English

It's cool. Thanks for joining us. 

You already get a steam key when you purchase from the humble store. The only thing that is really changing is that coming Wednesday, you will be able to purchase directly through steam.

Everybody, regardless of if you purchased through steam or the humble store will get access to the standalone version when it is ready. The standalone in this case means the DLC being made available for people playing on the standalone version of the game. The DLC itself is not a standalone game.

Sorry for the confusion there. . 

It's cool. Thanks for joining us. 

You already get a steam key when you purchase from the humble store. The only thing that is really changing is that coming Wednesday, you will be able to purchase directly through steam.

Everybody, regardless of if you purchased through steam or the humble store will get access to the standalone version when it is ready. The standalone in this case means the DLC being made available for people playing on the standalone version of the game. The DLC itself is not a standalone game.

Sorry for the confusion there. . 

hello there...first sorry for my bad english

this game is so freakin' awesome ,i never get bored when playing...

but there's a problem..you can't play with friends..this game doesn't have multiplayer..

im not a programmer but i think is very hard to make a game with multiplayer....

you requied to set up the ip port..etc(a lot of work)

but i guess will be more easy to create just a LAN multiplayer..not from same keyboard..if the pc is connected to other PCs trough modem ... then you just need to create a new word and your friend ,can see it from the menu and join it and then he chose his character...

it seems more easy than the online one ...there's no servers...(i know the online will be better , you can connect with your friend even he is in Paris and you are in London ,but the LAN multiplayer will requied less time to make it)

i hope there will be a multiplayer ,maybe this year or next ....

Archived