Yes I do, but it's a tile in a middle of a block, they refuse to deconstruct it: (edit: their leader is a noob ;) )

81F3BD1D2CC01366626D8CD26161AC3D28BCEDB3

no mention of inaccessible, seems two tiles away for me.

EDIT: silly me I should have taken out one corner of the cube to let access to the center!!

5 hours ago, PickPay said:

Is anyone else experiencing lazy Dupes ? I have some jobs set at priority 9 that everyone can do yet they are idle...

Link a picture and we'll tell you what you did wrong.

5 hours ago, Argelle said:

Yes I do, but it's a tile in a middle of a block, they refuse to deconstruct it: (edit: their leader is a noob ;) )

EDIT: silly me I should have taken out one corner of the cube to let access to the center!!

lol I think we've all been there :)

Out of curiosity, why were you building a block of tiles with an empty center?  For aesthetics?

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong :

20170327002344_1.jpg

Edit : It's hard to show with a screenshot a video would be better. They will eventually get the job done but it ridiculously inefficient : I even have Granite in the nearby Storage yet the game sends 1 Dupe from the base to drop off Granite he returns to the base, then 1min later another one comes to build half of that piece of Ladder he returns to the base, then yet another comes from the base with more Granite drops it off, walks around and idles etc...

52 minutes ago, PickPay said:

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong

Lock one or two dupes out of the base to do remote jobs effectively.

Just one locked door and dupes in base will not get assigned those far away build jobs and also designated dupes will not be distracted by things in base (like toilet, shower, eating or going to bed).

After 2 days working like crazy and stress going to 50% let them in and put them on massage so they forget what happened last 2 days :)

1 minute ago, bzgzd said:

Lock one or two dupes out of the base to do remote jobs effectively.

Just one locked door and dupes in base will not get assigned those far away build jobs and also designated dupes will not be distracted by things in base (like toilet, shower, eating or going to bed).

After 2 days working like crazy and stress going to 50% let them in and put them on massage so they forget what happened last 2 days :)

Nice workaround thank you, it does make sense but it feels wrong. I think the internal A.I. especially the task completion needs some serious optimization.

7 minutes ago, PickPay said:

Nice workaround thank you, it does make sense but it feels wrong. I think the internal A.I. especially the task completion needs some serious optimization.

High priority does not mean dupes will communicate with each other and decide who could do it fastest (because is closest or because will be ready soon and is closer or so on ... would much more processing).
First dupe that finish his task or is idle just looks around and sees there is some high priority job and takes it even if it is on other side of the map.

If job is taken already by someone going to do it, even from very very far no other dupe will "retake" it.

Also when some dupe takes job that needs some material he is not looking for closest material to target location but closest to him at the moment he "reserves" that job for him.

Additionally bio breaks, eating and so on... by using access doors or just locked doors much higher effectiveness can be achieve.

7 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

If job is taken already by someone going to do it, even from very very far no other dupe will "retake" it.

Ok so I'm guessing when he's done the next step is already assigned to someone else hence he idles and/or goes back to base... So 1 project is gonna be done by 10 different Dupes, one after the other ? It couldn't get any worse honestly. It wasn't that bad at the beginning !

8 minutes ago, PickPay said:

Ok so I'm guessing when he's done the next step is already assigned to someone else hence he idles and/or goes back to base... So 1 project is gonna be done by 10 different Dupes, one after the other ? It couldn't get any worse honestly. It wasn't that bad at the beginning !

Yes. But with access doors you don't need to really lock someone out of base. Just limit access to working area to one or two dupes and it means only they will do it and they will stop work just for higher priority tasks like eating or toilet.

Just now, bzgzd said:

Yes. But with access doors you don't need to really lock someone out of base. Just limit access to working area to one or two dupes and it means only they will do it and they will stop work just for higher priority tasks like eating or toilet.

Ok I'll have to experiment with that, thanks again ;)

13 hours ago, PickPay said:

I'll have to experiment with that, thanks again ;)

I'll have to do the same, as I've been having that problem as well. But here's my issue with it as a permanent solution. I shouldn't have to use 120W power on doors just so dupes can manage to get jobs done in any sensible manner. I find the whole jobs/tasks/priorities system one of the most frustrating parts of the game.

Best example I have of why things are so inefficient is the "delivery" category. Almost everything in the game requires delivery, which means you can't specialize the way you should be able to. If a builder dupe doesn't have delivery enabled, then the dupe has to stand around waiting for some other dupe to come bring supplies -- even if the damn resource is under their feet! But if the dupe does have delivery enabled, then the second some high-priority terrarium or air filter somewhere needs more sand, algae, or water, the dupe runs off from building to go do that. If your project is far away from home, your dupes spend more time running all over creation than getting any freakin' work done.

My builder should be able to do/get what needs doing/getting to build. I should be able to give someone the job of handling food-related tasks, like harvesting, putting the food away, and replanting seeds/fertilizing. It should be relatively simple to have my miners dig and then put the materials away. I should be able to make some dupes power-generation types, where they hamster or are responsible for refilling coal generators. And my scientist shouldn't have to stand around waiting for water and dirt or else be running around doing 1,000 other things because I had to assign her ... DELIVERY lmao.

I beg of the devs to give us a slightly more sensible way to manage our dupes. There's micromanagement as a fun thing, and then there's micromanagement as an annoying, game-halting, frustrating thing. The current system tends toward the latter IMO.

20 hours ago, RKBKirin said:

Out of curiosity, why were you building a block of tiles with an empty center?  For aesthetics?

Nope, I've got the trait "uncultured" so no œuvre d'art for me :)

That was my very first attempt to build a vaccum room!

Archived