Here here! Theorizing Here!

Let us gather around and make our theories for items and lore based stuff both in-game and through Klei's cleverly designed teasers.

To start us off,

What do we believe is the story behind the new Odd Skeleton? What about this shadow atrium? Why, who, and how is something creating new and more evil shadow creatures? What does Charlie have in store for us? How does Woodie feel about all this attention towards the moon?

I got a theory. It's a little bare, and I'm too lazy to get pictures. This is just my shower thoughts I get sometimes.

Don't Starve's events aren't real.

It's just some production. A movie, a play, maybe even, hey, a game.

Looking at the new reign trailer, the shadows are super important. Not like, shadow monsters, but the shadows.

The fires make shadows. That's not possible. Fires don't make shadows, they're sources of light. It could be because they're "darkness fires" or something, but they still wouldn't be able to make shadows according to physics.

Not only that, but as the camera angle changes, so does the angle of the shadows of the items in the trailer, meaning that there isn't a solid light source, or that...

the light is following the camera.

and the camera is actually there.

Is all this lore irrelevant? Is it just some production put on for us to watch? Are "they" the producers, forcing the actors to do things? Is this why Wigfrid still has errors in her speech like when examining the bat cave, because her personality doesn't match it at all?

39 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

I got a theory. It's a little bare, and I'm too lazy to get pictures. This is just my shower thoughts I get sometimes.

Looking at the new reign trailer, the shadows are super important. Not like, shadow monsters, but the shadows.

The fires make shadows. That's not possible. Fires don't make shadows, they're sources of light. It could be because they're "darkness fires" or something, but they still wouldn't be able to make shadows according to physics.

Not only that, but as the camera angle changes, so does the angle of the shadows of the items in the trailer, meaning that there isn't a solid light source, or that...

the light is following the camera.

and the camera is actually there.

Is all this lore irrelevant? Is it just some production put on for us to watch? Are "they" the producers, forcing the actors to do things? Is this why Wigfrid still has errors in her speech like when examining the bat cave, because her personality doesn't match it at all?

Nice. What I have to say isn't much lore but more speculation and a theory. The reason why these updates seem bland and bare is because Klei, before all these updates, had a vision or idea of some big ending with all the characters and Chalie. However, their idea contained certain things that are not in the game and or do not make sense if they were just there for the ending. So, they decided to add the stuff before the True Grand Finale.

A simplified and not-relevant version of this is,

The ending had a table. The game does not have a table. Game needs table before they make ending.

5 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Hehe, Bob, darling, careful as you're leaning on this fourth wall, and watch out of the lampshade you're hanging, 'kay?

7 hours ago, MrFurphie said:

What do we believe is the story behind the new Odd Skeleton?

I know I want to ride a ghastly skeletal steed of an auroch or a smilodon, and I won't care about the spine hurting me in all the wrong places!

My addition: what if shadows - neither light nor darkness, yet reliant on both - are the metonymy of Charlie?

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

So... We're going with the Super Mario World 3 approach to the game?

Oh heck yeah. Was waiting for someone to bring that up.

Minespatch, I love you. Help yourself to the donuts I keep in the back room.

...Actually, maybe don't go in the back room... I'll see about getting the donuts to you.

11 hours ago, MrFurphie said:

What do we believe is the story behind the new Odd Skeleton?

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

I know I want to ride a ghastly skeletal steed of an auroch or a smilodon, and I won't care about the spine hurting me in all the wrong places!

768_skele_hide_ride_by_minespatch.pngTo live my childhood dream~

Woah, riding those would be the best! I believe they are known as Fossil Stalkers... Tame 'em with bone shards.

HMMM. I like the theory that this is merely setting up for something. Will we get a trailer once the NR updates end? Perhaps another lore update...

Dang, I really, REALLY, want them to make comics for each of the character's backstories, similar to the cyclum comic... I would kill for those. I'll sacrifice @minespatch if I have to.

Trailers like the ones for Wilson would be great too, but those would take super long.

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

768_skele_hide_ride_by_minespatch.pngTo live my childhood dream~

*kisses the artist's feet*

11 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Woah, riding those would be the best! I believe they are known as Fossil Stalkers... Tame 'em with bone shards.

HMMM. I like the theory that this is merely setting up for something. Will we get a trailer once the NR updates end? Perhaps another lore update...

Dang, I really, REALLY, want them to make comics for each of the character's backstories, similar to the cyclum comic... I would kill for those. I'll sacrifice @minespatch if I have to.

Trailers like the ones for Wilson would be great too, but those would take super long.

YES!!!

Archived