So the warning message came and went, I heard the sound, and the bearger never spawned. I tried half a dozen times using alt+f4 to get him to spawn, but he won't :(

Now that I know about the vest I want it bad haha, does anyone know the debug spawn?

you said it. Also, sorry but i can't tell you, i can't help someone to cheat, it's against my principles.

So the warning message came and went, I heard the sound, and the bearger never spawned. I tried half a dozen times using alt+f4 to get him to spawn, but he won't :(

Now that I know about the vest I want it bad haha, does anyone know the debug spawn?

Yes it's cc_kill("wilson")

no warranty

It might be easier to get bearger on-screen by placin a line of bait.

you said it. Also, sorry but i can't tell you, i can't help someone to cheat, it's against my principles.

erm, the purpose of a debug spawn is to "de" a bug. I think this qualifies as a bug worth "de"-ing. I plan on doing it as legitimately as possible, and as soon as he would spawn I will spawn it in (bearing in mind I have 190 health and no armor or helmet). I suppose its worth a google...

Bearger likes to go after food, so it's possible he did spawn and wandered away from you because he found tasty morsels to eat. If you want to spawn him in though, c_spawn("bearger")

If I'm not prepared to fight him, my favorite way of using the environment is to lead him into a heavily forested area. He knocks downs tons of trees, and you're pretty much guaranteed Treeguards this late into the game, who will fight him to the death. I don't like the swamp myself because he tends to uproot mushrooms and reeds, neither of which can be replanted.

The Vest is Good Yes, However, You don't really need it. The Puffy Vest Has the same Insulating Values as the Bearger Vest. The only thing it doesn't have is the Reduced Food Perk. I think the Puffy Vest last longer then the Hibearnation vest.

Still You may want to roam around a bit before you use the Debug just incase you spawn another while the other is still around.

There have been folks Reporting that Giants do disappear if you Save and quit or Alt F4. I just started on the PC version of this game  ( Breaking away from the Vita for now) So I'll know alittle more about the PC version after a Few days of Gameplay.

The Vest is Good Yes, However, You don't really need it. The Puffy Vest Has the same Insulating Values as the Bearger Vest. The only thing it doesn't have is the Reduced Food Perk. I think the Puffy Vest last longer then the Hibearnation vest.

Still You may want to roam around a bit before you use the Debug just incase you spawn another while the other is still around.

There have been folks Reporting that Giants do disappear if you Save and quit or Alt F4. I just started on the PC version of this game  ( Breaking away from the Vita for now) So I'll know alittle more about the PC version after a Few days of Gameplay.

I did find him right before I did the debug spawn (actually I spawned one, then saw the "legit" one so I deleted the "fake" one. )

Now I have a hibearnation vest, a cat cap, and a tam o' shanter (which is better for the head?) and I did some risky exploration in the caves but I have a portion of the ruins explored. Which leaves me in a dilemma. I exited the caves to a friendly:

WARNING  LARGE ATTACKER INCOMING

*sigh* deerclops number two. 

So my death is a legitimate possibility.  I am low on sanity, low on food, low on health (just above 100 each) and far from a base I can't return to with a gaint on my trail. I am, however close to some beefalo that can make the job easier, and I may be able to locate a treeguard. (if he hasn't left I know where he is). 

OR

I could put him to sleep and run for my life. What is a deer eye good for besides an eyebrella? I have plenty of sewing kits to stitch it up, and lots of readily available hound's teeth and silk to make more.

I still have two touch stones (the one I will respawn at if I die has a starter kit that will get me home to plenty of warm clothes and food) and I would say my chances of killing the deer are pretty good, considering I have a nice amount of armor and help from the environment. What do my loyal subjects you guys think I should do?

You could Put him to sleep and Run away. However Seeing as he will stay where he is until you go back he might destroy whatever you have  around. So be sure there isn't anything there of Value. I'm not sure if he'll follow you to your base so be sure you're good to go before running away.

There is the option to kill him again and collect his loot once more and save the Eye for Future Turrets. Max you can have is 3 per world 4 if you prebuilt one from a Previous World after teleporting again.

If you really need it, which I don't recommand it, Bring him to the Beefalo and them duke it out. The loser will be a Feast. If you know where your Walrus camp(s) are at you could kite him to the camp(s) and let the possibly of Deerclops being taken out by the Father Walrus. Father Does have good kiting skills. While he is distracted with the Walrus  you  could make a Break from Deerclops.

The Vest and Tam 'o Shanter Is a Good combo. Tam 'o Shanter Restores 6 sanity and is one of the best caps to wear for winter second to Beefalo Hat.

I managed to slay the deer with the accidental help of two beefalo herds, a few tentacles, and a treeguard. My plan moving forward is generally to recover, explore more of the ruins, and not to starve.

From this point forward I think posts on this thread will be a lot less frequent and a lot shorter, mostly little questions I have here and there. I couldn't have made it past day 100 without all of your help, Imsomony, Mobbstar, to some degree orian34, but mostly Torqueblue, thank you so much!

Rock Lobsters, they have at max like 1800 health, and are pretty strong, bring a herd to the surface they make good Giant defence, for everyone but Dragonfly sofar.. I tried kiting DF into a couple of lobsters and he tanked both of them quickly, if all else fails run away!

From my understanding there is no real way to spawn Giants. They come when they want. I know from personal Play She comes every Spring when I had set the World Options to More For her and the other giants. That's on my vita save.

Yesterday She Spawned for me at the Beginning of winter. I had All giants set to the Lots and She spawns first. FML. This is on my PC Save.

Really wish they had implement some kind of Alter or Item to summon Giants.

Deerclops rears his head around the last 2 to 3 days of winter, his coming essentially heralds the spring season, you'll still need your fuzzy clothes but you should be able to venture further from your fires for longer from here on out.

Bearger I believe spawns somewhere in the Middle of Autumn, and will hang around for a while. He's a big pig unless you feed him expressly honey, and even then it takes like, I think people have said 10 honey's, not too bad if you got even one bee box but still, what a grump breaking everything for a small smackeral of honey.

Goose/Moose spawns within the first 3 days usually, and arrives pretty quick (only one warning growl and that's to let you know she's there) I believe she stays on the map as well for like a week or so, she has babies to lay after all. She's not really worth the fuss, as far as I'm concerned anyway. You need to kill at least 2 of her or several of her babies and her to get the items her feathers are used for. And I've never really gotten them honestly, I've never seen the Moslings, but I hear they swarm you when you kill one, *shivers from Pengul ptsd*

Dragonfly... I really got nothin on this guy, I've only seen him ingame once and he kicked my ass, I've taken to the caves on my current save with WX, gunna try and last the Summer out there.

From my understanding there is no real way to spawn Giants. They come when they want. I know from personal Play She comes every Spring when I had set the World Options to More For her and the other giants. That's on my vita save.

Yesterday She Spawned for me at the Beginning of winter. I had All giants set to the Lots and She spawns first. FML. This is on my PC Save.

Really wish they had implement some kind of Alter or Item to summon Giants.

At first, they were not supposed to be giant piñatas, but more of calamities...

That's why they did not planned to do an item to summon giants, who wants to bring doom into your world.

I'm a guy who wants the giants to their primal strength and not something you can kill with a spear.

Deerclops rears his head around the last 2 to 3 days of winter, his coming essentially heralds the spring season, you'll still need your fuzzy clothes but you should be able to venture further from your fires for longer from here on out.

Bearger I believe spawns somewhere in the Middle of Autumn, and will hang around for a while. He's a big pig unless you feed him expressly honey, and even then it takes like, I think people have said 10 honey's, not too bad if you got even one bee box but still, what a grump breaking everything for a small smackeral of honey.

Goose/Moose spawns within the first 3 days usually, and arrives pretty quick (only one warning growl and that's to let you know she's there) I believe she stays on the map as well for like a week or so, she has babies to lay after all. She's not really worth the fuss, as far as I'm concerned anyway. You need to kill at least 2 of her or several of her babies and her to get the items her feathers are used for. And I've never really gotten them honestly, I've never seen the Moslings, but I hear they swarm you when you kill one, *shivers from Pengul ptsd*

Dragonfly... I really got nothin on this guy, I've only seen him ingame once and he kicked my ass, I've taken to the caves on my current save with WX, gunna try and last the Summer out there.

I have already fought and killed every other gaint besides the Goose/Moose, and I have heard a bunch of people say that the Moose shows up more often than other giants because it has a specific spawn requirement(s), where as other gaints have a percentage chance (I think).

I want to kill the Moose to finish off the quartet and I am interested in the weather pain. 

Also I don't know what you're on about that the Goose/Moose is the only giant with a warning growl, they all have them...

That's why they did not planned to do an item to summon giants, who wants to bring doom into your world.

I'm a guy who wants the giants to their primal strength and not something you can kill with a spear.

I wish they were harder as well. I died to the deer a few times, but more out of my own greed in wanting to kill it instead of running away, but other than that I have killed everything the first time I saw it. (I'm looking at you, DragonFly) I did almost die the the bearger, the the fly was only a threat because of the fact it came right as hounds did.

Yes I get it. I know there not suppose to be there when I want a challenge or Whatever. But when I've gone through 450 days only seen  Moose spawn couple of times  I kinda want the doom on me. Riegn of Giants? Hardly. Myths of the Giants would have been a Much more Appropriate Title.

To Add: Allow me to also add this. I'm Talking about the VITA version which I put alot of time into With the Settings of all Giants Set to More. When You see people posting how they had their Giant(s) spawn with Default settings and Others claiming that Setting it to More Should have a 100% to spawn a giant You can't help but wonder why You, Or me in this case, Aren't seeing a Single Bearger or Deerclops, or Even Dragonfly. Sure Moose spawned, But I'd like to see those others.

I have already fought and killed every other gaint besides the Goose/Moose, and I have heard a bunch of people say that the Moose shows up more often than other giants because it has a specific spawn requirement(s), where as other gaints have a percentage chance (I think).

It's been a while since I looked at the files, so I just took a quick peek. This isn't 100% complete since I'm at work right now and don't have tons of time to dig in, but here's some basics.

According to the basehassler file, there's a "math.random" chance to spawn - so they all have a percentage chance. From their individual prefabs, they all require 3 or more structures nearby except for Deerclops. Note, pig houses and lightning rods (among many other things) count as structures, so having those scattered throughout the world counts towards requirements. According to the basehasslers (note the extra S) file, player characters must also move around a bit so the code can find a valid spawn point. Also in that file, it says Deerclops requires a certain amount of snow on the ground. I can't find the file where I've seen it, but I recall from looking in the past that MooseGoose spawns at the beginning of the season, while all the others spawn at the end. 

In summary:

MooseGoose: easiest to spawn. The first few days of Spring, we tend to be back and forth in our base quite a bit as we replenish supplies burned throughout winter.

DragonFly: might spawn, might not. Many of us make Summer bases, which encourages it, while others play nomadically during Summer and almost never return to base.

Bearger: same as Moosegoose. Sometimes we're in base a lot, sometimes we're nomads and frantically gathering supplies for winter.

Deerclops: the most complicated to spawn, certainly. I just barely touched the surface of his requirements. He's referenced throughout tons of files since he was the only giant in vanilla DS.

I finally killed dragonfly! I feel like I cheated a bit though, I got an infinite use, slightly buffed, autocatch boomerang mod, it feels cheaty sometimes, but I hate re-making them, and they couldn't even 1 hit bunnies/birds before.

I finally killed dragonfly! I feel like I cheated a bit though, I got an infinite use, slightly buffed, autocatch boomerang mod, it feels cheaty sometimes, but I hate re-making them, and they couldn't even 1 hit bunnies/birds before.

Congratulations!

And if you want to feel cheaty all you need is 24 rocks and 4 logs...

Also, yuh-huh the boomerang can 1 hit birds and bunnies, that's all I use it for.

So! I have two questions, about chester, and worms.

Chester dies a lot, and worms make me almost die a lot. Most often those two events happen at the same time.

So:

A) How do I fight depth worms? HOW?! I don't know what to do! I can't fight them without piles of healing items and a log suit/football helmet combo for each worm! On the side will a killed pig respawn from the house? I'm worried about pigskins running out.

B) I have blue gems, come another hound attack I should have 9, unless summer comes before then. If it does, how do I make chester snowy, and will I need 9 more if he dies? I have already dug every grave on the entire surface to get these 8, I want to use them well.

Depths worms have an odd kiting timing but just melee kite them like you would hounds, just don't attack them first let them miss their initial attack then you slap them a few times, keep going sometimes they'll do a 'flinch' animation instead of biting, that gives you extra time on your attacks, when you don't feel comfortable back up and let him miss another attack. Also try not to fight more than one at a time, its easier to separate them from their group than hounds. Rock Lobsters will also become an attack target of a worm thats given up on you, much like hounds will attack beefalo if you run far enough away, the rest is tasty tasty purple meat.

Pigs indeed spawn forever from their home, and if needed you can craft a new home with iirc 2 boards 2 cut stone and 4 pig butts? You can also do the same with the rabbit people from the caves, they will even work on the surface however the bunnymen are nocturnal so they only come out at night. Alot of really pro players tend to put these near spider farms to let the two natural resources bloody themselves into useful items. It's a costly endeavor though rewarding if you get it to work. I believe the ideal ratio of spiders to bunnies is 8 bunnymen to a nest. The handy thing about the bunnymen is they drop 1 meat and 2 carrots. And beardhairs with enough insanity.

I believe its 1 blue gem in each inventory space (control key + click will place a single item in the space if Im correct) and then when the full moon comes around he'll change. I personally have given up using chester, he just dies alot, not too handy when I'm burdened with so much craaaaap. I believe he will respawn as regular chester should he die after transforming but IDK, I've never transformed chester. I personally would probably keep the gems and refine them into purples or make a chilled amulet for summer so I can wear winter gear in summer.

So! I have two questions, about chester, and worms.

Chester dies a lot, and worms make me almost die a lot. Most often those two events happen at the same time.

So:

A) How do I fight depth worms? HOW?! I don't know what to do! I can't fight them without piles of healing items and a log suit/football helmet combo for each worm! On the side will a killed pig respawn from the house? I'm worried about pigskins running out.

B) I have blue gems, come another hound attack I should have 9, unless summer comes before then. If it does, how do I make chester snowy, and will I need 9 more if he dies? I have already dug every grave on the entire surface to get these 8, I want to use them well.

Depth Worms are both a pain and easy. Then again this coming from someone who spent alot of time With the Old Trial and Error process. I eventually found Rock Lobsters to be the solution. When Depth Worms Spawn they tend to stay Within a close radius. So they wont Venture far from where they spawn.

That's your cue to go befriend Some rock lobsters. 2 Rock Lobsters Regardless of size should do the trick. They will get beaten up and then go rock defense that's when you step in and attack worms. Once you have their aggro the Rock Friends will come out of defense mode and attack the Worm again. Rinse and Repet till worm(s) are dead. Bunnymen work great too, but I don't like them. Seriously though Get rock lobster friends and have them hang around your base or area. Pin them in if you have too.

To get Snow Chester you have to have 9 Blue gems. Each Gem needs to take up a slot in his inventory. Come the next Full Moon Chester will float and then Turn White. Presto! He's a mobile Ice box! With less perks of a real Ice box, But works almost the same none the less. Thing is Ice will still melt inside him. If your Snow chester Dies then Yes You'll have too get another 9 blue gems for him to be Snow Chester and You'll have to wait another Full moon. Personally He's more a Liability then help, which is why I never have him follow me. Only time I use him is during Summer for the Stone Chillin', That's it. 

And for the record I have a great survival record with him. I just Don't like him taking aggro or being stuipd and standing next to a thing or item that's on fire and him running back and forth in the fire or standing next to me whle I  target him instead of said Mob. He's only useful early on then later It's like I don't care for the guy.  This is from Vita Experience though. I don't the " Pleasure" Of Using the Mouse and keyboard.

Archived