So after my seventh attempt at making it past the RoG summer/winter, I did it (as WX-78). Shoutout to the one treeguard (I named him Shel) that took out every automaton I found, then 2 waves of hounds, then gave his life so my spear at 30% would be enough the take down the deer. I killed the hounds that came the day after, then it started to rain. The trees turned green, and spring was upon me. I lost my entire base, at the moment I have rebuilt a fire pit, alchemy engine, and two chests. 

At this point I quit out and went here for help. I want to know what my next step should be in terms of survival, and have several questions.

1) What should I use the deer eye for?

2) Will I respawn at the first touchstone I touched after I died, or the second?

3) I accidentally ate the gear I used for my ice box (and all of my panic gears), is there any "easy" way to get more?

4) How should the Mgoose be dealt with? I have heard he spawns pretty much every time. ]

5) Is there anything particular about spring I should know?

Also note that my entire world has 1 or 2 spider dens (I forget whether I killed one or not) and only 2 beefalo at maturity (2 babies).

1:  Eyebrella, Immunity to Rain and Helps slow down the Heat During the summer. Just make sure to keep a Sewing Kit with you. You could make a Turret, but those aren't worth the time Nor the Resources. Later on down the road sure just not now.

2. From personal experience I respawned to the closest one I activated. Which was near a Beefalo Field. Savannah Biome I think. The other was in the swamp.

3. By "Easiest" I found and got all of mine was through tumbleweeds. The Drop rates suck, but I was in no hurry to gather them all.

The Alt way to get more would be to find the Mechs in the over world and kill them. There Tend to be some near the Wooden Thing. The Other Other Alt way would be to Make your way thru the caves and head to the Ruins for Gears from the Old bots down there. The Last one is more of a last Resort.

4. Unless you want the items from Moose Just two hit swing, Run and Repeat. Not really a hard Giant just Tanky. If you want the items from Her let her roam around for a couple of days and wait til she lays an egg. Then Kill her follow by the Babies. The Babies tend to the biggest threat. Personally Lure her to the swamp and Some what protect her from the tentacles. Then lay waste to her after she's layed her egg.

5. Rain....LOTS of rain. Even on a Default Rain setting you'll have 2-6 days of it. Bees Are Red just like Beefalo in heat so stay away from them. They have the look of Killer Bees. Don't bother with Drying Racks they're pretty much useless during spring cause of Rain. Make Improved Farms instead. You'll have plenty of Crops in no time.

Avoid Logging unless you built a Lightning Rod chances are the Trees will get struck by lightning and cause a Wild fire and the rain won't put it out.

Seeing as you're playing as Bro Bot try getting Struck by lightning yourself Gives you a Boost in Running and Gives you a lighting effect and Restores some HP. Only thing you'll lose is Sanity.

Congrats on getting here!!!

1) What should I use the deer eye for?

The Eyebrella, which is worn on your head. 100% wetness protection, and offers cooling insulation during Summer. Remember to craft a sewing kit!

2) Will I respawn at the first touchstone I touched after I died, or the second?

You'll respawn at the one that's closest to you when you die.

3) I accidentally ate the gear I used for my ice box (and all of my panic gears), is there any "easy" way to get more?

Unless there are more clockworks around or you get lucky with some graves, Tumbleweeds. It can take a while though, a bit monotonous. The good news is that you can build up and survive until the next Autumn with a simple camp that only requires 2: one for an Icebox, and one for a well-placed Flingomatic. When you place the Flingomatic, make sure that its range does not include your firepit.

4) How should the Mgoose be dealt with? I have heard he spawns pretty much every time.

Yeah, MGoose has always spawned for me, never missed a Spring with her. IIRC, it's 3 days into Spring and there have to be 3 structures in your radius (within a screen or so of your character). In all honesty, MGoose is the simplest giant to defeat. You want to kill her before she lays her egg, or you'll need to deal with her babies too. I never bother with Moslings as their drops/craftables aren't worth it to me.  

Put on a log suit and a football helmet and you can pretty easily just kite her. When she honks at you, you'll often drop your weapon, so just be sure to keep an eye out for it. It won't slide far, it's just a minor annoyance to go retrieve it. If you'd rather not fight her, and instead use the environment, dragging her to the swamps is a good option. Or if you have a particularly large Beefalo herd that you don't mind killing some off of, you can bring her there also (yours is small though, so disregard for now).

5) Is there anything particular about spring I should know?

It will rain most of the season, and you'll get Frog Rain at least once, sometimes twice. Formerly friendly/yellow bees are now hostile and red. Beefalo are in heat ALL season. Flowers regrow throughout the world (so no worries if you picked them all earlier). Since there's so much rain, farm crops will grow quite fast, and mushrooms regrow quickly as well. To balance this out, it takes longer for meat to dry on Drying Racks.

Thanks! I will give an update tomorrow on what progress I have made/more questions that I may or may not have. And with bee boxes, should I bother rebuilding it if they are all hostile? Note that the closest spider den is 2 days away (but also in the direction of the tumbleweebs). Sorry for one more question, can you get the volt horn (?) from killing volt goats, I have killed 2 herds and not had one drop. 

Personally I Build My bee Boxes a couple of screens away just cause of that little issue. So yes Rebuild. The Honey could be a good way to recover Sanity by making taffy and use the honey for making Honey Ham or Nuggets.

If you haven't found your swamp yet I'd Seek it out. There should be at least be a couple of Spider Nest there. Just don't burn them down or attack the Hive until it has grown into a Tier 3 hive. After which Break it down and Replant the Eggs. Unless you're after the Spider Queens Cap Then let it Manifest. Also the When the Queen comes out to play She should create a Low Level Hive that should grow into a Tier 2 Hive in a few minutes. Making it Possible for more Hives to be created.

Yes you can get the Horn from the Goats the Rate is somewhat low. Others may View this as a Form of "Cheating" , but I'd save before Killing those goats. It could be a good thing just in case you accidently Wipe the herd out. If no horn drops Reload your last save and try again. They don't have to be charged for the Horn to drop , but it may Be worthwhile to let them be charged for some Goat Milk. Just be sure to wear Shock immunity gear. When you hit them while They are Charged they shock you. If you plan on making the Eyebrella then you're coverd from Thunderstrikes and Shocks.

Eyebrellas are also Shock Proof too. Forgot that Part about it.

You're welcome! Let us know if you have other questions, happy to help =)

With bee boxes, should I bother rebuilding it if they are all hostile?

Don't worry too much about their hostility, it's only during Spring and you can maneuver around them pretty easily. They'll go back to normal afterwards. Definitely rebuild since they'll be normal during all other seasons, and you can continue to harvest honey as you typically would.

Can you get the volt horn (?) from killing volt goats

Yes, there is a chance to get the horn from killing goats. It's a 25% chance though, so you could get lucky and get it on the first drop, or you could kills tons of them and not receive a single horn. 

The horns are only useful for 2 craftables: Weather Pain and Morning Star. Weather Pain will require killing MGoose or Moslings for feathers, and also one gear, which you're already in need of for other things. The Morning Star uses average other items, but IMO, it's not a terribly useful weapon. It gives light and its damage ramps up when whatever you're targeting is wet, but other weapons can totally take the lead more consistently. What's your intended purpose for the horn? Maybe one of us can suggest something that will be more effective.

Update: more baby beefalo, finished exploring the swamp (lots of spiders, not much silk), and now in a moment of panic I can leave through the wooden thing (I made my base centered around it). I rebuilt my icebox with a gear found in a tumbleweed, then I got struck by lightning (didn't rebuild the rod yet) and my entire base burned down, followed by a prompt Alt+F4.

Still need a gear for the ice flingomatic, but things are going well. I plan on setting up tooth traps to deal with the Moslings (I can make about 10 I think), as well as a spare treeguard sitting around, so I can get the luxury fan in case I don't have the luck of another gear, seeing as I have cleared the surface of automatons (unless there is a third spot, I mean the world does have 3 walrus camps) and the ruins are out of the question. I don't want to have to rely on tumbleweeds  :frown: .

The horns are only useful for 2 craftables: Weather Pain and Morning Star. Weather Pain will require killing MGoose or Moslings for feathers, and also one gear, which you're already in need of for other things. The Morning Star uses average other items, but IMO, it's not a terribly useful weapon. It gives light and its damage ramps up when whatever you're targeting is wet, but other weapons can totally take the lead more consistently. What's your intended purpose for the horn? Maybe one of us can suggest something that will be more effective.

I have flashbacks to a nighttime deerclops visit resulting in 40 days of rebuilding due to my inability to fight him while he smashed up my base. For that reason alone I feel that the morning star would be a good investment, especially during spring time when everything is wet. Could you think of something better? (not sarcasm)

I have the required materials to craft the eyebrella, and I will pretty much as soon as I hit post.

I would stick to tumbleweeds. Aside from the chance of having a gear drop from them they do have other drops. Grass and twigs are nice, but, I'm talkin' about the Trinkets. Turn those into the Pig King and get gold for it. Turn the Gold  and Stone Blocks into dodads  and Lightning Rods and Setup a Decent Ligtning rod zone. Dodads not so much important, but having a few around incase you get a hold of a Glow Berry and a couple of Moleworms and turn those puppies into  Moggles.

You could go with the Gunpowder and Blowdart combo. Each Giant Takes a certian amount of gunpowder to be brought down to a Percentage of there health. When the Fire Subsides Hit it with a Blowdart and Reap the Rewards. Bring at least 5-6 Sleep darts to put it to sleep. In the Gooses case Just one dart is enough to put her to sleep.

I never bothered with the Morning Star. Only last a few minutes and is consumed on Equip Not use. The Best all Round weapon I Use is a Ham Bat. Feed one Pig 4 Pieces of Monster Meat and Bring him down. One Werepig provides enough Resources for the Weapon. Just at A few twigs and baby you got yourself a weapon with Unlimited uses for 7 days. The Ham Bat Does get weaker as the days go by, but, it provides you with a Decent damage output.

To Add: Pre build your Lightning Rods and Build your base around them. Also set one up in Pig Village. If you don't have a Pig Villiage consider Building one around these 3 things. One A Fling-o-matic, Two Lightning Rod and 3 a Fire Pit. A lantern is acceptable as well.

why bothering killing Goose/Moose? She's the only one non hostile. Just let her alone with her children!

I have to get 2 gears for a flingomatic, or get the fan. If I have neither of those, summer won't go too hot (pun intended).

Thank you, Torqueblue. I already have more than 30 gold and 3 lightning rods to cover anything that may be struck.

For killing the M/Moose, my beefalo herd has exploded, and it is right next to a swamp to sweeten the pot. It is day 47 atm, and I don't want summer to come before I kill her, what specifically are the requirements for her to spawn? 

What should I stock up on to get through the summer and deal with the dragon fly? I know endothermal fire burns weird stuff, any suggestions of something that's easy to get and will provide enough fuel?

Thank you, Torqueblue. I already have more than 30 gold and 3 lightning rods to cover anything that may be struck.

For killing the M/Moose, my beefalo herd has exploded, and it is right next to a swamp to sweeten the pot. It is day 47 atm, and I don't want summer to come before I kill her, what specifically are the requirements for her to spawn? 

What should I stock up on to get through the summer and deal with the dragon fly? I know endothermal fire burns weird stuff, any suggestions of something that's easy to get and will provide enough fuel?

She usually just spawns on the first couple of days of Spring. Depending on the Settings. If you set it to More then she should spawn every spring. Least that's how it's working for me anyway. If Moose hasn't spawned after the First 6 days of Spring then she ain't coming. I could be wrong.

Summer is one of those seasons that's gonna require alot of attention. Not Just because of the Heat, but because of Hound Attacks and Smoldering. Hounds in the summer now come with the Red Flavor instead of the blue. Meaning when they blow up everything around it is gonna catch aflame. So make sure to have a Battlefield setup for those hound attacks.

Smoldering is an issue for you as well. However Smoldering only occures Around YOU not in other parts of the world. My advice Stay away from Forest areas and Other parts of the world that have large, clustered groups of things. Otherwise Mass Wild Fire.

I made a Base in the Desert just to avoid this with some bee boxes and an Endothermic Fire Pit and an Ice box. Put a couple of Thermal Stones in the Ice box and carry a frozen one with you. If you have 9 Blue Gems Put them to good use and Turn That Storage Furball (Chester) into a portable Ice box. That-a-Way you don't have to use your gears for the ice box and you won't have to worry about being away from your base for too long cause of Ice Chester Freezing your Thermal Stones for you. If you made That Eyebrella then you could get by and not have to make a Summer Frest or the other Shirt for heat reduction.

Now when you say your beefalo have "exploded" did you mean they made lots of Babies? I'm guessing yes that's what you meant, Which, in that case Make a Razor and carry a Torch with you or some other source of light and go shave 'em during the night while they sleep. Each Grown up gives 3 Pieces of Beefalo Wool which Make an Awesome Alternative to Logs and Poop. On top of that They Grow back there fur and You can shave them all over again and they Stack up to 40 pieces! The Toddlers and Baby Beefalo can't be shaved. If they are in Heat still Craft a Beefalo Hat and wear it to avoid waking them up.

As fo the DragonFly I really can't give you any advice on how to Take care of it, Mainly cause he's never spawned for me even on More Settings.. Dropping 20 Ashes near it and letting it Eat the ashes will put it asleep give you a chance to drop 14 Gunpowders and Insta-killing it. GIving you Scales and meat.

Thank you. Spring is almost over, so I guess I really have to get one more gear from the tumbleweeds (I have found two so far, one went to an ice box. I really wish I could make a chilling amulet but all the rabbit holes are collapsed for a Prestihatitatior.

I have a tooth trap field of 10 or 15 traps, and I have cleared out the area (besides Maxwell's door, which I may find a use for in terms of leading enemies to where I want, we'll see) and added a lightning rod just in case. I will get that endothermic fire pit and start shaving all them beefalo. I guess I'll also drop a bunch of cut grass and burn it for ashes (I might have enough gunpowder). Also do you drop it all in a stack that deals a bunch of damage in one blast, or drop them separately? I never use the gunpowder method except one time on the Ancient Guardian a long time ago and don't remember. Also also does the pan flute/sleeping darts work just as well as ashes to pacify it, because I have both of those.

Thank you. Spring is almost over, so I guess I really have to get one more gear from the tumbleweeds (I have found two so far, one went to an ice box. I really wish I could make a chilling amulet but all the rabbit holes are collapsed for a Prestihatitatior.

I have a tooth trap field of 10 or 15 traps, and I have cleared out the area (besides Maxwell's door, which I may find a use for in terms of leading enemies to where I want, we'll see) and added a lightning rod just in case. I will get that endothermic fire pit and start shaving all them beefalo. I guess I'll also drop a bunch of cut grass and burn it for ashes (I might have enough gunpowder). Also do you drop it all in a stack that deals a bunch of damage in one blast, or drop them separately? I never use the gunpowder method except one time on the Ancient Guardian a long time ago and don't remember. Also also does the pan flute/sleeping darts work just as well as ashes to pacify it, because I have both of those.

I know Tumbleweeds aren't going to be a Great method of obtaining things but  there might be a good chance you could get a Blueprint for that amulet. Dunno if I mentioned that, But tumbleweeds have a chance to drop Blueprints which is how I managed to get alot of my prototyping done.

You drop the Gunpowder as One Stack of 14 Not Seperate. It'll do the Combined damaged of all 14 powders into one. Pan Flute works and so does the Sleeping Darts. I only say Ashes cause you can burn the Things that don't really matter much and not worry about using valuable resources Like Both Items you mentoned. Grass is Way easier to recollect then mandrakes, reeds, and Feathers. If you do go with the Ash Method Make sure to drop it near him so he sees it and eats it.

I know Tumbleweeds aren't going to be a Great method of obtaining things but  there might be a good chance you could get a Blueprint for that amulet. Dunno if I mentioned that, But tumbleweeds have a chance to drop Blueprints which is how I managed to get alot of my prototyping done.

You drop the Gunpowder as One Stack of 14 Not Seperate. It'll do the Combined damaged of all 14 powders into one. Pan Flute works and so does the Sleeping Darts. I only say Ashes cause you can burn the Things that don't really matter much and not worry about using valuable resources Like Both Items you mentoned. Grass is Way easier to recollect then mandrakes, reeds, and Feathers. If you do go with the Ash Method Make sure to drop it near him so he sees it and eats it.

Summer is upon me, and while I have neither the luxury fan nor the ice flingomatic, I do have a seista lean-to, and around 15 honey ham/nuggets, 30 cactus flesh, and a sewing kit for the eyebrella. Also I have like 80 grass, so I'll prepare for the dragonfly, then sleep and eat my way through summer :). Hopefully all goes to plan!

Summer is upon me, and while I have neither the luxury fan nor the ice flingomatic, I do have a seista lean-to, and around 15 honey ham/nuggets, 30 cactus flesh, and a sewing kit for the eyebrella. Also I have like 80 grass, so I'll prepare for the dragonfly, then sleep and eat my way through summer :-). Hopefully all goes to plan!

You need rot or ice. Honestly, you'll get two or three wildfires that you need to put out. Nothing in extreme density, but devastating when it doesn't get stopped beforehand.

So about day 65, while I was relocating and expanding my tooth trap field, I heard a weird sound that I had never heard before. It was akin to a deep throated, growling whisper. Several seconds later, I heard a growl, then another second or two I heard the whisper. I realized the Dragonfly was coming, and he brought company. I had my gunpowder and torch on me, but had not yet made the ashes. Hounds spawned all around me, and while I dodged, dove, dipped, duck, and dodged my way though the hounds to the tooth traps, I saw a large green mass in the corner of my screen. I fled away from the hounds and toward it, and while chester tanked some damage I played a short but sweet melody on my pan flute. I watched as the dragonfly went slowly to sleep. and I killed the hounds one by one. Then I turned the the dragon fly, put down 14 gunpowder, lit it and ran. 8 meat later I am wondering: what should I make out of these scales?

I couldn't have made it this far without all of your help!! :)

You need rot or ice. Honestly, you'll get two or three wildfires that you need to put out. Nothing in extreme density, but devastating when it doesn't get stopped beforehand.

I got a wildfire while mining for nitre that got me the charcoal i needed for gun powder, and I made 14 of it.

Summer is in the decline and I might just make it  :D

Wow, WIsh the dragonfly would pay me a visit. pft!

No the less congrats on the kill. Just bare this in mind that the 14 gunpowder kill only works well on him. Other Giants require less otherwise you risk burning the loot. The scales have two really useful items ( In My Opinion). The Scale chest which you could make a 12 slot chest and it'll be fire proof. So if for whatever reason your base burns down, That's gonna the last thing standing.

Personally I'd Go with the Scale Armor. It provides protects and has a lot of HP, but the great thing about it is that it makes your character Fire proof just like Willow. So you can set things on fire and just dance with the flames. However once it's gone you'll have to make another one next summer. So I would never use the armor unless you Really need it. The fire proofing is wonderful non the less. you could setup a fire trap using fling o matics and a field of stuff you'd burn and bring enemies in the field. Toss on the armor and set the field on fire and watch as enemies get burned and frozen.

Check out this guy's video. He's pretty creative with fire and what not.

Wow, WIsh the dragonfly would pay me a visit. pft!

No the less congrats on the kill. Just bare this in mind that the 14 gunpowder kill only works well on him. Other Giants require less otherwise you risk burning the loot. The scales have two really useful items ( In My Opinion). The Scale chest which you could make a 12 slot chest and it'll be fire proof. So if for whatever reason your base burns down, That's gonna the last thing standing.

Personally I'd Go with the Scale Armor. It provides protects and has a lot of HP, but the great thing about it is that it makes your character Fire proof just like Willow. So you can set things on fire and just dance with the flames. However once it's gone you'll have to make another one next summer. So I would never use the armor unless you Really need it. The fire proofing is wonderful non the less. you could setup a fire trap using fling o matics and a field of stuff you'd burn and bring enemies in the field. Toss on the armor and set the field on fire and watch as enemies get burned and frozen.

Check out this guy's video. He's pretty creative with fire and what not.

Do you know if I can repair the scale armor?

also, man that fire trap is cool

So, with the coming of autumn, a full 4 seasons have passed, and now comes part 2 of my quest of survival: The caves!

I have killed the fuzzy rhino once before, in the vanilla game, a long, long time ago. The caves have surely changed and became much more treacherous since then, leaving a list of a few questions that I would like to have answered so I don't die down there:

1) What do I eat? Most of my food supply is meat, and those rabbits are mean. Their metabolism offends me.

2) Is there anything rare, dangerous, useful, etc. that I should keep an eye out for?

3) What should I do in terms of setting up a base?

4) How should I approach the ruins? I am almost fully upgraded, and I know there are clockworks down there. Possibly I could run down there, kill one then fight the rest using the gears that I get? 

Note that I do have a shadow manipulator and have access to making anything that I may need. Important things I have right now: 4 blow darts, a miner's hat, pan flute, and enough tentacle spikes to last.

Edit: The fact that this post is the beginning of the second page deeply satisfies me.

1: That's good about the meat part. Make Drying Racks and make lots of Jerky. Not Only are they a good around Food source but they also help manage your Sanity. Which you are going to need. Also bring Bee Boxes for honey and make taffy. again for sanity. If you bring a Bird down there with a Bird cage you can turn all that Monster meat into Eggs. Combine an Egg with Monster meat and two Veggies and you get yourself Pierogi. A Food item which restores lots of health and Food.

2: Light bulbs. They Make Lanterns which can be reused when it runs out. On top of that they can refuel your mining hat and Lanterns.

Earthquakes Happen. So be prepared to move around alot when it does. They are both a good thing and somewhat of a bad thing. The good thing is they cause things such as rocks and other stuff to fall down becoming renewable and even have a rare chance for gems to fall down. Bad thing is that if one of rocks falls on you it hurts. So toss on a football helmet to reduce damage.

Slurtle Mounds. Slurtles and Snurtles both are great creatures to have come out of them. Kiling a Slurtle will have a chance to drop a Shelmet for your noggin and Snurltes, Which are rare themselves, Have a chance to drop Snurtle Shell Armour. on top of that they both drop slurtle slime which can be used as a poor mans Gunpowder and refuel your lanterns and Mining Hat. They can be lit underground to set off earthquakes too. which can be used to force more slurtles and snurltes out of there mounds.

Depth Worms. They Hit hard and Have lot of HP they act like Hound attacks Topside after a certian amount of days have passed they home in your location and attack. sometimes even pop up right in front of you. They tend to come in 2s or 3s depending on how long you've been down there. How to get rid of them? take them to Bunny Village. If you have one nearby if not find some rock robsters and befriend them. That'll be the end of the depth worms...for now. They give no real warning of there approach so you'll have to pay extra attention.They Drop Glow Berries which can be used to make Moggles. Those things are like the Night Vision Goggles. Which are Pretty damn amazing.

Rock Lobsters are a Minor to big issue. Depending on there Population. If there are too many you'll need to befriend some and have them kill eachother. Word of Warning. Much like the depth Worms they Hit Super hard and Have Tons of Hp There is a Trick to kill them without them attacking back. Beat them enough times to were they go into defense mod. when they curled up feed them two rocks and attack like no tommorow. They won't attack and take every hit.

Bunnymen. They love you if you feed them carrots and Hate you if you carry meat or meat by products. That also includes Bunny Puffs and Pig Skins. Other then that if you feed enough they can be helpful in taking out Spider Dens, Depth Worms, and other light work. Pitting them against Rock Lobsters is a death sentence for them. However when they are hurt enough they run away and regen a little bit of Hp and come back to fight. This could be an issue for you if you tend on killing them.

3. Set up base near a light shaft. You'll have to clear out the trees and Other stuff, but during the day it should be no problem it's during the night that is the issue cause of the light going away. That's where a fire pit comes in. You'll want to make sure you bring down Saplings and Grass tufts and berry bushes. There may be some just not a whole lot down there. Set up Farms as well, but in a different area. Remember to build farms in the light shaft otherwise they will not grow. Like you'll do top side build Drying Racks and Crock pots and set up your bee boxes a few screens away.

4: Ruins are gonna be tough. Lots of Shadow Creatures, Depth worms and Clockworks. Spiders are there too.Bring Lots of light. Moggles, Lanterns and a Mining Hat and a Squad of Rock Lobsters to take care of the depth worms and spiders and Big Fuzzy rhino. They will not however take out the Shadow Creatures. They do make short work of the Slupers. If you see one Try and have the rock lobsters take them out. Chances are you'll get a sluper pelt and two lightbulbs. The pelt can be used to make a Belt that'll slowdown Starvation.

holy **** that was close. I almost died to 2 depth worms and then I get to the surface to hear a friendly: WARNING  LARGE ATTACKER INCOMING, followed by a save and quit so I can ask the what a pro would do. at least I got the start of a base set up  :frown-new:

I resurfaced right next to the pig king's village, about a day's travel away from my base and tooth trap field, and around a minute or two away from a treeguard. I don't have any armor, and my tentacle spike is almost broken :(

What do you think my best course of action is? I do want to kill the bearger for his loot (not actually sure what you can make out of it), and I can put him to sleep with the pan flute for some extra prep time.

What?! Really?! How does everyone have the luck of those Giants?

Well if you still have a good chuck of HP left and have a few torches You could run the bearger to the Swamp and watch him get taken out. From my understanding he Doesn't really attack unless you take his food away or attack first.

Dropping 10 honeys in front of him will put him to sleep. Dunno how long it'll last but you can use the panflute. Dropping 14 Gunpowders after it's asleep will weaken it to were only a couple of shots from the Blowdart will kill it. You'll have to wait for the fire to go out before finishing him off otherwise you'll risk burning the loot.

He does serve a good purpose though. For example. Taking him thru a heavy Forest area  will make him work for you. He has an Aoe Attack that Breaks almost everything around him. Making him a Perfect moblie Wrecking ball. However I only recommand doing this if you have Armor, Torches, and a Walking Cane. After the destruction you can kill him. In the process of destroying trees he'll most likely summon Tree Guardians Diverting the attention away from you to them. If any of the Tree Guards survive you'll have future backup.

He drops 8 meats and 1 thick fur. You can make an Insulated Pack which some acts like a Less Useful version of an Ice box. The only thing it does is slow down the Spoilage rate. It doesn't prevent ice from melting and it doesnt chill your Thermal Stones.

The Vest you can make is Really useful. It has a High Insulating Factor and It Restores sanity and Reduces the Rate at which your hunger slows down. I'd Recommand making the Vest.

So the warning message came and went, I heard the sound, and the bearger never spawned. I tried half a dozen times using alt+f4 to get him to spawn, but he won't :( 

Now that I know about the vest I want it bad haha, does anyone know the debug spawn?

Archived