So! I have two questions, about chester, and worms.

Chester dies a lot, and worms make me almost die a lot. Most often those two events happen at the same time.

So:

A) How do I fight depth worms? HOW?! I don't know what to do! I can't fight them without piles of healing items and a log suit/football helmet combo for each worm! On the side will a killed pig respawn from the house? I'm worried about pigskins running out.

B) I have blue gems, come another hound attack I should have 9, unless summer comes before then. If it does, how do I make chester snowy, and will I need 9 more if he dies? I have already dug every grave on the entire surface to get these 8, I want to use them well.

In all honesty, you should not waste blue gems to transform chester. If he dies very quickly, keep you gems to do something really powerfull.

So from all of the advice, I shall do the following:

1) Get one more gem, make a snow chester, and leave him at my base unless summer time.

2) Pen in some Lobsters near my cave base (its really just a fire pit and a chest)

3) Maybe slaughter some werepigs come the next full moon and make a pig mini-village for easy pigskins and hambats.

I'll post an update in 15 or 20 in game days unless something horrid happens (like the dragon fly, I have no more gunpowder)

What do you use your cave base for? Ideally you should also have a fridge and possibly a science machine if there's equipment you have yet to craft.

My cave base has a fire pit, a bee box, a farm, and a chest with supplies for spelunking. 

My cave base has a fire pit, a bee box, a farm, and a chest with supplies for spelunking. 

Just one of everything or do you have multiply? I'd recommand at least 5 Bee Boxes. Believe it or not those Bees, during the spring time in the caves, Prove to be really useful for taking out Depth Worms. If you haven't done so yet Get yourself a Bird Cage with bird in cage for converting those monster meats into eggs for food.

If you plan on long term Cave Expo You might as well make a big base in the caves. I don't see much of a big bad thing happening down there unless there's an accident involving your base going up in flames. Seasons aren't much of an issue down. Spring is constant rain, Summer is a Very Mild issue in the caves. (No smoldering) WInter is meh and Autumn is autumn. I myself have begun to setup a large base using existing set pieces down there. So far so good.

If you haven't found Bunny Villiage I'd set out for one and Feed one Carrot to one Bunny and order him to attack another one of his friends. He and The rest of the bunnymen, within' your screen, Will begin to attack the sap you targeted. After that begin killing off the rest of the bunnymen. When one is left kill him and collect your loot. Puffs, meats and carrots ,Which I'd recommend Collecting ASAP before The Bunnys get to them, will be in large supplies. Best of all you can come back in a Games Day and do it all over again. Man it's like Christmas With those guys.

Only problem with trying to farm bunny men is they flee at low health so a ranged weapon is almost required. That and they group agro and don't give up like pigmen do.

Yeah the whole group does aggro which is why it's great. You don't have to Hit the bunnyman yourself You just get close enough to engage and then back away. The Follower does the attack and then the whole group goes in on the same target. I never bother with the range I just Pin them to the edge and then waste 'em. If I lose loot then oh well.

So I said i'll only post an update early if something horrid happens.

I'm suppressing tears.

I generally like to have a podcast to listen to while I play (how many times have I heard each music track?) and I went to alt tab out after opening my map to fiddle with the volume or something (I can't remember through the trauma) and when I come back I see lightning strike the touchstone, and I don't know which or if both touch stones were used, where my stuff is (I had just explored an entire cave system) or anything. I scream, alt+F4 out, and now I'm here. 

I don't think I have respawned at a touchstone and made it more than 5 days on any world besides maybe a pre-Strange New Powers world as Wendy. 

I'm too scared to go back into the game without a detailed plan of what to do. I have basic supplies (weapon, armor, twigs/grass/logs, etc) at both stones, a tam'o shanter at one, and its the sweltering heat of summer. I lost my 9 gems to snow-ify chester, my eyebrella, and I still don't have a fling-o-matic. At base (one day away minimun) there is food and fuel, plus what I need to make another eyebrella. Now that I think about it I don't have the materials for an endotheral fire...uh oh. I need help.

That's pretty much how my Bro Bot ended. I res back only to find that I Barely had enough to survive Followed by death again. If you can make it back to your base I'd recommand doing so. You'll just have to be Extra vigilant About those smolderings that can occur. Your base does have a Ice box Right? If you have enough mats make yourself a Thermal Stone and place in the Box. Let it cool down and take it back out and keep it on you till you have enough recovery to go get yourself more mats for an endothermic pit.

Even if you have a days walk you can try weaving between trees to cool yourself down. Not by alot ,but, It should help slow down the overheat. Make yourself another eyebrella if you have too and get some Nitre.

After that I wouldn't recommand going back down in the caves until you've fully prepped that other TouchStone. By that I mean have an Ice box, both kinds of pits. At least 4 Chest with mats for whatever you might need, armor and Fuel. If you haven't setup a Desert base and go tumbleweed farming. It's not gonna be the most fantastic way of earning Gears, but you're pretty much gonna need them. Don't touch that Tam O' santer or you'll toast yourself even faster.

One last thing. Have things Pre Built. Pits, racks, farms, hell even a bee box. Having things like that at the ready makes ressing less painful.

Do pre-built structures stay in your "invisible inventory" when you die? If so I will be able to make it home. If not, I will have to scramble to a rock field not too far away.

Yes they do. That's actually a common strategy people use while playing Adventure Mode - pre-build before traveling to later worlds.

So, I got another dragon fly. atm he is destroying me, and I have no idea how to fight back. I have a log suit at 70% health, a pan flute, two tentacle spikes, and a blow dart. I am also about to overheat at 40 health. What do I do?

I am willing to die if it means he despawns, I can make it back to base from either of my touchstone. I could potentially try to put him to sleep then cool down at my endothermal fire, and then try to scrounge up some nitre for gunpowder. Alternatively I could run about one quarter of a day away to a beefalo herd (that has helped me kill at least one of every boss, the numbers are still pretty good though).

I don't care what happens but I need him out of my world asap. He is impossible to kite, and I have never fought him before (only used gunpowder).

How far are marshes from your location? If you have aggrod the dragonfly then you can go to marshes to make tentacles attack it and swtich aggro from you. If its peaceful just give 20 ashes, wait for it to go to sleep and walk away. Actually I think thats as long as you feel that the distance between your base and the dragonfly is good just ignore it, walk away it should despawn in a day

Kiting him is pretty hard. The way i've done it and seen it done is You hit him once or twice then Hot Swap to the walking cane. Run away trigger his first swipe then hit him again with whatever you use Spear, bat, etc. swap back to the cane and let him AOE then avoid the swipe and then hit. You could run him to the Rocky biome if you're not from it. Wedge him between two rocks and build a Cool fire. from there you could get some practice on kiting him. He can't break the Boulders and he's not smart to go around them.

If you put him asleep and run away like across the map run away he shouldn't bother you. You could just jump down a cave and wait out summer and come fall he should Despawn.

One things for sure. Don't take him to the forest biome or your beefalo herd. He'll wipe them out FAST. Meat will be cooked and Wool will be burned.

I think i'll try to run to the swamp, drop my eyebrella close to a touchstone, then die far enough away that I can grab a cane and run back to my base. I'll keep you posted.

If you are in summer,just remember to clear out grass and seeds or any flammable object nearby.The eyebrella maybe flammable...

Umm, not quite sure what just happened. I ran onto a pathway with my walking can to make some distance, used the flute to put him to sleep, then started to cool off about a screen away, burned 20 grass and make 9 gunpowder (he was already weakened from a few smacks with a spike and blowdarts) and got ready to kill him, but it seems he despawned.

I'll keep my guard up in case he shows up again, but it seems like I will live to die another day...

Umm, not quite sure what just happened. I ran onto a pathway with my walking can to make some distance, used the flute to put him to sleep, then started to cool off about a screen away, burned 20 grass and make 9 gunpowder (he was already weakened from a few smacks with a spike and blowdarts) and got ready to kill him, but it seems he despawned.

I'll keep my guard up in case he shows up again, but it seems like I will live to die another day...

Probably the summer just ended,usually giants don't despawn after being hit.Well,except the Deerclops,he just wanders away after he dealt enough damage

Giants can easily despawn when you put them to sleep, this is perhaps why it got away.

Archived