Funerals? (suggestion)

It has been stated by SethR that players currently drop a piece of "long pig" upon death.

This gave me two interesting thoughts:

• In order to discourage PvP, there could be a sanity penalty for murder. It's murder after all, even if it's self defense.
  • To make up for that, you could  bury  the "long pig" to restore most of that (EDIT: by "that sanity" I mean the sanity penalty perviously suffered, mind the "most") sanity. (What else would you do with it an yways?) It would also give a little bit of use to dug graves. If mounds result, they shouldn't hold gravedigger loot again.

Say what you think! Would you agree that this could hit several birds with one stone? (two technically, but whatever)

Yes, I think murder should have a huge sanity penalty.

But burying shouldn't simply give it back to you. If you remove all the penalty someone gets for murder and even gains something from it he just gets rewarded and PvP is even more supported.

Killing someone= -1x sanity for killing +1x sanity for burying + Items = happy player

Killing someone who has "long pig" in his inventory= -1x sanity for killing +2x sanity for burying + Items = Even happier player.

'Here lies Lady Meda, who couldn't outrun her demons.'

What if you made if so that to restore lost sanity, the player had to build an expensive tomb for said player; with the perishable long pig as an ingredient? Just throwin' ideas out there.

Guys, just as a reminder, I didn't ask for your personal epitaphs but for ... well, anything actually mechanics- or balance-related really.

If there will be custom epitaphs, Klei may as well make sign posts work.

Oh I know that, but they are just so cool. Now this discussion reminds me of that 90's "what would you like on your Tombstone" joke thing. 

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36100-cannibalism-not-a-joke-this-time/?hl=cannibalism

I suggested something similar. I think player´s corpses should remain on the ground and after a couple of days turn into skeletons. During that time, the player can either harvest the corpse for meat or bury it. I think corpses on the ground should act similar to Dark Flowers, reducing sanity when the player is close by (seeing your friend dead on the floor wouldn´t be the nicest thing to see, probably drive you a bit insane).

Also you should also be able to craft Tomb Stones and write inscriptions on them.

Archived