So here's another idea thread for an unreleased character, Waverly!

Stats

Health:150

Hunger:150

Sanity:150 (Drops 2X faster)

Description

Waverly's sanity has really faltered after years of years of maniacal laughing and harrassing kids in the jungle however Waverly gets double the sanity back by building magic stuff or brewing potions. Waverly, similar to Wickerbottom can research Shadow Manipliator items with an Prestihatitator and can craft an exclusive item only avaliable to her. 

Brewing

By crafting 3 woodplanks, 4 stone blocks and 2 gold together you can build a cauldron! Put this cauldron over a fire and you can brew stuff. Potion recipes can be made by using 4 items, items can range from the most useful items to the most obsecure items. Potions include, Insta heal, regen, speed boost, strength boost,defense boost, and much more. These potions will last 20 seconds each.

Special Starting Item

Waverly starts with a 3 use staff called "The Staff of Transformation". Put an mob drop (A.E Pig Leather for Pigs) and if you hit another animal with the staff, that animal will turn into the animal corresponding to the mob drop. The Staff of Transformation can only be recharged when put into a cauldron on a Full Moon". Will instantly depleate the staff if you use it on a Giant or make a mob into a Giant.

With Waverly I wanted to make her a unique character that goes insane easially but also replenishes sanity easier. I also wanted her to have a use for even the most obsecure items in the game that you normally wouldn't have a use for. I hope you like my ideas and I decided to follow the trend and put this thread in the DST forums for no reason (But to be honest there is a chance we could have a new character alongside with DST)

maybe she could re craft his special staff, but with expensive requirements. also more than buffing she could create potions to weak enemies (that also could be great if increased difficulty shows up) poison potions or poison darts for her will also be great.

Not trying to be a p**** or anything but aren't Character Suggestions supposed to go in 'Suggestions and Feedback' section?

To the actual Character Idea:

Stop making characters with 2 buffs.

Either Waverly could:

A - Make potions with a Cauldron

B - Have a staff of transformation

Not trying to be a p**** or anything but aren't Character Suggestions supposed to go in 'Suggestions and Feedback' section?

To the actual Character Idea:

Stop making characters with 2 buffs.

Either Waverly could:

A - Make potions with a Cauldron

B - Have a staff of transformation

Exactly. I realized the Wilton and Wilbur ideas in the DST section for some odd reason and I said why not and followed in their footsteps, hence the tag WhyaretheseinDST. Also characters with 2 buffs exist, Woodie,Maxwell (Actually has 3), and a lot of modded characters do too.

Sounds like it has too many pros

Maybe she could have something changed about her health or damage?

i dont think that is really necessary. if klei is going with the potion brewing buff, the potions could decrease sanity and health. just think about it, witches usualy use very disgusting recipees for thair brewings so if you add for example monstermeat and red caps to it the character should take a health hit from the potion too.

make it so that you have to kill alot of hostile mobs and maybe even farm for many diffrent loots like monster meat, spider glands, frog legs, leafy meat,batilisk wings, tentacle spots, hound teeths and so on. diffrent potions need diffrent loot items.

and potions dont necessarily have to buff the player so hes unstoppable, potions can buff a certain stat like speed or strengh but at the same time de-buff another stat to balance it again.

so for example a healing potion is healing the player over time but at the same time that potion drains either hunger or sanity faster.

I wasn't talkin' 'bout Waverly I was askin' 'bout Wavery.

*mutters over his typo rmisrread*

It's the SAME THING!

She's the witch, but he misspelled it! 

I realize you didn't get it, but the OP is asking that WaverLy be implemented as a regular character in DST, even though the developers have made it clear we're not getting anything you can't get in DS single player/or they also want it as a non-mod and cannon in DS.

As noted, why this wouldn't "simply" happen, is this was a group mod, and would require the consent of all those who worked on it. 

*mutters over his typo rmisrread*

It's the SAME THING!

She's the witch, but he misspelled it! 

I realize you didn't get it, but the OP is asking that WaverLy be implemented as a regular character in DST, even though the developers have made it clear we're not getting anything you can't get in DS single player/or they also want it as a non-mod and cannon in DS.

As noted, why this wouldn't "simply" happen, is this was a group mod, and would require the consent of all those who worked on it. 

I actually did realise the OP meant 'Waverly' and it was a typo, I was just making a small joke on said typo(I tend not to be a Grammar Nazi most of the time, but for some reason I become one when people misstype a character's name, like when some people call Woodie 'Woody') If the first post came up as rude to you(or anyone) then I apologize.

I actually did realise the OP meant 'Waverly' and it was a typo, I was just making a small joke on said typo(I tend not to be a Grammar Nazi most of the time, but for some reason I become one when people misstype a character's name, like when some people call Woodie 'Woody') If the first post came up as rude to you(or anyone) then I apologize.

Sorry, didn't now it was a joke. Emoticons appreciated. 

Archived