Mysterious notes?

The final patch is upon us for RoG..and it seems we have a mystery upon us guys. For strange notes with random numbers have appeared in the game. Discuss below.

Thank you @aredshroom for the info

COMPILE MODE ACTIVATE - "When there's a Wilson..." Puzzle

Firstly, at 0:55 of the Expansion Trailer this image is seen:

Spoiler 

The bottom of the image leads to this prototype.php link, which appears to require a specific amount of 3 ingredients.

Meanwhile, mysterious notes have been appearing in-game with numbers that look like coordinates. The gathered coordinates with the help of MANY members are:

Spoiler 

@WilliamGreywind made a grid for the map that's found here:

Spoiler 

The corner of the map indicates (17 -> Stupid birds!), which leads us to assume that there are a total of 17 notes to be found. "...\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\data\scripts\components\notereader.lua" confirms this. As the coordinates are mapped out on the map, we count 5 silk, 7 rocks, 4 berries that don't lead anywhere when entered in the puzzle link.

Since the number 17 has been recurring before Note 9 was found, guessing proves the correct answer to be 5 silk, 8 rocks and 4 berries (adding up to 17). Inputting that in the prototype.php link brings us to part 2.

There are explanations for why we expected a Note 9 to turn up (12). It's been hinted in strings that Greek numbers are related, and I'm gonna quote @Curo's summary:

Curo, on 30 Apr 2014 - 9:09 PM, said:snapback.png

The first number on each note corresponds to a Greek letter, as per this chart. We assume that 70, 80, 90, and 500+ are not used. Vau, or 6, is an obsolete character. So, the last note is either 9 or 200. Someone discounted 200, but I'm not sure why, as sigma is still in use.

Spoiler 

Now onto part 2 of the puzzle. The source code reveals that the answers could be related to “alone” and “together”, but anantikythera mechanism is also found in the code and turns out to be the answer!

Typing ANTIKYTHERA and MECHANISM in this link brings us to part 3. Basically the same page, but the text has changed to this. @Solander (his girlfriend, she responds in the comments of Skull’s recap video!) figures out the two answers -CASTOR and POLLUX.

Explanation quoted below:

Solander, on 30 Apr 2014 - 9:55 PM, said:snapback.png

Haha, not Joew. Been following this all day and only recently signed up. Got the girlfriend involved, she came running with Castor and Pollux just now.

Her explanation:

The Crazies the 2nd6th, and 10th have capitalized C's

In the greek alphabet they correspond to Beta, Zeta, and Kappa (noted elsewhere above as well)

In astronomy, Beta, Zeta, and Kappa correspond to the brightness of a star

Castor and Pollux are filed under Beta for their brightness

They are also known as the Gemini Twins

In certain Greek stories Zeus believed if they were every separated chaos would reign, (Together and Alone)

She said When People wish upon a star (Wish upon a star is the name of the background image) people are actually wishing upon Venus. In the summer night sky Castor and Pollux are near Venus. (She lost me here on this part.)

Entering the two words finally leads us to this image of Wilson doing mad science with a tally mark above it suggesting it’llchange on a daily basis as with the previous puzzle. Link here if anyone wishes to catch up on the All’s Well That Maxwell puzzle.

Last but not least, mysterious red bolded links lead back to this and this, ultimately bringing to light that joining the dots of the map coordinates end up with the Gemini constellation:

Spoiler 

Disclaimer: I’ve definitely missed out extra fun things like pictures in the code and miscellaneous information contributed by members, but this is the basic gist of the puzzle to keep it concise. Huge help from @Curo again (summary 12), plus I tried to credit whoever’s posts I could dig out. Foresee more editing work going on over the next week.

Heh, just posted about this same thing. I was playing Wilson and got a note at my spawn point that said: 3 (10,-16). Perhaps the name of the update is a clue that they'll only appear for Wilson?

No, somebody said they found one while playing WX.  Time to go file hunting.

Heh, just posted about this same thing. I was playing Wilson and got a note at my spawn point that said: 3 (10,-16). Perhaps the name of the update is a clue that they'll only appear for Wilson?

No, somebody said they found one while playing WX.  Time to go file hunting.

My first thought was coordinates, but that doesn't seem right.

I was thinking the same thing. Found one and it says 30 (-10, -20). I was trying to find a way to build a map or something lol.

Maybe the Compass does something now? I want to find some buried treasure :D

I'm bet you it's nothing, they just want to make us go insane ! The developpers must be laughing in their magnificent beard right now.

I did find something in the scripts, and I see Wilson's face drawn with a lot of symbols... The name of the update is ''Where there's a Wilson...'' so I'm guessing there might be a way in that script!

Perhaps I'm just going crazy right now.

I'm bet you it's nothing, they just want to make us go insane ! The developpers must be laughing in their magnificent beard right now.

They're not trolls, and we've been expecting a puzzle for a while now.  We got it.

I did find something in the scripts, and I see Wilson's face drawn with a lot of symbols... The name of the update is ''Where there's a Wilson...'' so I'm guessing there might be a way in that script!

Perhaps I'm just going crazy right now.

Which script did you find it in? 

EDIT: Nevermind, someone else mentioned where they found his face.

So the coordinates allways say the same in one world... What if you try and check them in adventure mode? The adventure mode has been updated so may be there is something more to this? Guys, list here all the note numbers we've already all discovered. May be we can work out what they say and see where it'll lead us next.

The notereader.lua mentions several things, such as needing dual monitors and zooming out. It also mentions something at the bottom: credit hackertyper.net. Hackertyper.net just seems to be a site where you can make it look like you're hacking something by randomly hitting keys though.

Archived