Webber's abilities and stats?

Najster

WEBBER!?

IN THE GAME!?

ku-xlarge.gif

I think double, triple, or and -le wield would be interesting to see, altough, it would be difficult to program, maybe it makes so his hunger goes down faster, much faster when he does that.

Also, I don't like ability to befriend spiders, sure, they are great meatshields (well, not really), but they don't mine trees for you, I would love ability to BECAME a spider for few minutes for the cost of sanity and hunger, he could have gimick item that makes him revert to his normal, spider form.

Monster meat resistance is silly, he should have it the other side, because the monster meat he eats, MIGHT BE his fallen brethren, cannibalism should make lose like ten times more sanity, maybe his whole sanity. You might say: "Well, he doesn't know that he eats spiders, it might be hounds, or tentacle", imagine going to canibal restaurant, someone orders random dish, it might be rabbit, pork, or HUMAN FLESH, will you take the risk?

Making silk is boring.

Resistance to spider stuff on ground is pointless.

Pig assault's will become annoying, and so the Webber will become more pro-ish character, but I doubt pigs will hate him, they might just be like warrior pigs to him, they WILL let you pass to king, but they WON'T let you hang out in their area. But considering pig houses are basically everywhere in forest, fight will be tough to avoid.

Not to mention... rabbits will also attack you if pigs will (you are meat-eater hostile after all).

His personality IMO will be friendly to everything that is alive (just like WX, but the opposite), he also looks scared in video, so he might got thrown out of his home nest because he was too scaredy and nice.

Imagine one day, Webber the spider (not yet manspider) is picking flowers with his mouth, and then his little pet jackalope named Robert comes to him and begs for food, he then breaks his flower picking and goes carrot scavenging, in the meantime, spider queen is hungry, so she ate Robert. When Webber was back at home Robert was missing, so he asked spiderqueen if she saw him, then, spider queen burbs and she spits out collar with the name on it, it said "Robert", so Webber tried to attack queen, but she smashed him to the ground and thrown away, then, Maxwell in the butterfly forme comes and asks : "Say pal, you don't looks so good, would you like to get revenge on that pesky queen"?, he says yes, and so maxwell turned him into manspider. this way, Webber the Manspider was born.

His special item would be Robert's Collar, using it will turn him back into spider for the cost of sanity and hunger lose over time, using collar again will turn him to manspider back.

Ok we need to have a gamechanger with Webber. All the others make it like playing a whole new thing.

Wilson-ok not really

Willow-screw the grue

Wendy-Abigail is sweet and fun to use

Wolfgang-makes you monitor your hunger and keep some extra to get strong.

WX78-lets you be a freaking awesome super robot with 400 health.

Woddie-fight fights a new way with a tin of boards to heal

Wickerbottom-MAGIC FOOLS

Wes-...powerhouse

Secret character-If you play him you know its very diff.

but think.

Webber- Spider friends. Whoopity-do-da.

He should have, like others suggested, to have a buildable nest, and make that his "house". I think Klei won't go the obvious way and have him like a spider-friendly wilson. They would have him either an outcast, or no relation to spiders, like he was a normal person like Willow then Maxwell jacks him up. 

Actual idea- Can build "Nest". Like a tent, but spiders will hang around it. Upgraded to awesomeness with like 10 silk and an egg sac. Maybe something else for teirs one and two, out of four. At teir four it turns into a mini-base, like has a silk wall around it and spider warriors, can build the machines directly on it to add their recipes when near, and make it look a little diff.(can add 1 machine per teir). And maybe some additions and tweaks. 

Maybe, Webber could be found in a cage near the pig king? and Wilson will have to first, get a spider queen mask, get 3 (or more) spiders to fallow Wilson, and RClick the pig king (there will be an option for yes or no so you can still offer grave items and food to the pig king) the 3 spiders will attack the pig king and then

My idea incorporates another idea I read a while back (I can't remember if it's in this thread) but Webber having access to other spiders powers. Reprogram the basic trap to bring the spiders into inventory like rabbits and birds. A caught spider can be ingested to gain special powers. Warrior spiders give you the ability to jump attack (could be a nightmare to program) or possibly just a 50% damage boost. Cave spiders give an 80% damage resistance, spitters give you a projectile of the same damage as the spear. Cave dwellers give you night vision. Only one effect can be active at a time and the effect lasts 2 minutes. If this is too powerful could add a hunger/sanity drain to adapting the new powers.

This could make for an interesting play style with plenty of reasons to explore the caves/ruins periodically. Spiders are still hostile but due to how useful they are you will be spending a lot of time around them.

Not sure about the plain black spiders. Perhaps any regular spiders caught and released will follow you but only during the evening/night, they either go to a den nearby or fall asleep during the day. Again could be tough to program but just an idea and trying not to be too OP.

Don't deny it, brother.

You love Webber now.

On Topic: I think he'll have lower sanity, lower health, won't be affected by spider turf, will make silk naturally, and maybe be able to befriend spiders? Or maybe they hate him for being a human hybrid? Also, maybe he has night vision. But it looks like there'll need to be more negative effects, from what I'm suggesting he seems OP.

I've played with Webber and while thinking he's OP: he's not. He might as well be one of the most hardest characters to play with throughout the game because he only eats meat! This is what made it hard, plus he has really low health and sanity, thought a lot of hunger.

I've played with Webber and while thinking he's OP: he's not. He might as well be one of the most hardest characters to play with throughout the game because he only eats meat! This is what made it hard, plus he has really low health and sanity, thought a lot of hunger.

You've played with a fake Webber from a mod.  He is not the real Webber and you cannot accurately gauge what the real Webber will be like based on what the fake Webber was like.

And I only ever eat meat anyway, there's nothing at all hard about it.  It's the most straightforward way.

Imagine one day, Webber the spider (not yet manspider) is picking flowers with his mouth, and then his little pet jackalope named Robert comes to him and begs for food, he then breaks his flower picking and goes carrot scavenging, in the meantime, spider queen is hungry, so she ate Robert. When Webber was back at home Robert was missing, so he asked spiderqueen if she saw him, then, spider queen burbs and she spits out collar with the name on it, it said "Robert",

post-212131-0-17919400-1393060617.jpg

I was thinking he could turn into a normal spider for a speed boost, but unlike Woodie, he could keep the inventory but be unable to use it or craft anything. While on this mode you could ask some spider to help fighting something, but only while in spider mode.

This spider mode could drain sanity and hunger faster to counter it.

Yeah, i'm not that creative so i'm leaving this to klei, as they already did 9 great balanced characters.

Liked the spider tier of itens too, that someone suggested on this topic.

Other spiders don't seem to mind eating the flesh of their fallen brethren.

Because they are spiders, not manspiders.

Either Webber is cursed human or cursed spider, if he is play'able, and can figure out how to make tools then he got/still has human brain, and so, human morality, Webber would never eat flesh of his brethren.

Because they are spiders, not manspiders.

Either Webber is cursed human or cursed spider, if he is play'able, and can figure out how to make tools then he got/still has human brain, and so, human morality, Webber would never eat flesh of his brethren.

Using that same reasoning, Webber is not a human, he's a manspider, so you can't assume his morality will be human.

I still like my idea that he's some unfortunate human that got ate up by a spider though, in which case it wouldn't matter to him or the spider he's in.

Abilities and attributes I'd like to see for Webber?

- Carnivorous. Suffers sanity/health penalties for eating non-meat based items.

- Can eat raw meat with no penalty.

- Can eat monster meat with no penalty.

- His sanity should drain during the day and accumulate during the night.

- Other spiders have night vision, and as cool as it would be to have night vision on a character, immunity from Charlie would be OP'd. So instead of night vision, maybe just extended vision from light sources during the night?

- Pigs and Bunnymen should definitely be hostile toward Webber at all times.

- Let's entertain the idea for a moment that when spiders screech on the field, they're actually saying something. It'd give Webber a lot of style if he could understand what spiders are saying when they screech, as in text would appear over the heads of spiders like they do over the heads of pigs and bunnymen.

- I think spiders should remain neutral toward Webber unless Webber outright attacks them.

- I think if spiders see a mob attack Webber, they agro on the mob like they would anything else attacking a fellow spider.

- You know how if you attack a spider that's really close to a Spider Den, all of a sudden all the spiders from the den emerge and attack? That should happen too if something attacks Webber while he's standing really close to a Spider Den.

- I do not think Webber should be able to recruit spiders like other characters can recruit pigs and bunnymen. I think Webber should need to have a spider hat equipped to directly manipulate them.

- There should be a comment when examining a spider queen about being compelled to do her bidding.

- I think Webber's walking sound should make a clacking sound like the spider's.

- I think Webber should be able to talk.

- Maybe he should have a sarcastic personality and make wisecracks when examining things? Kind of like a homage to Spider-man?

- I think it'd be really cool if Webber could leap like a spider warrior or a dangling depth dweller.

- Maybe he has a default bite attack?

I dunno, maybe I'll come up with more ideas later.

I agree with most of them, but disagree with some: During the night, all spiders come out and are unharmed, so Webber should be able to stay in the night. The fact that he will suffer from eating vegetables, he shouldn't be able to eat them at all, just examine them and use them to get meat.

What He also should have is:

- Should get sanity in caves (both levels)

- Should get sanity when going through worm holes

- Should be able to create silk

- Should be able to sleep in Spiders' nest

- Should be able to give meat to the spiders (If you try giving them vegetables or something, they'll just roar at you which would mean they don't want it, like pigs)

- Should get more warmth during the winter, because he has hair all over his body (thought I think that already is showed in the Teaser, because he runs during the winter without any winter coat)

My idea for stats/abilities 

+when Webber eats a fruit of vegetable he will produce 1-2 pieces of silk 

+has a faster move speed on spider creep

+spiders are neutral towards him

+has a natural small cold resistance (covered in fur)

-has a bigger and faster draining stomach

-pigs and bunnymen attack Webber on sight

-only very active at night (will be able to bite for 45 dmg and eat meat right of the ground)

:snarlingspider:

Archived